Reid and don't ask don't tell

Again, you're simply refusing to acknowledge their proposals to bring spending levels to what they were in 2008. Not to mention that the Democrats are also in favour of extending most of Bush's tax cuts, which amount to a 3 trillion dollar price tag. But they want to do that in addition to even more spending. It's completely insane.

I agree Shady lets get rid of the Bush Tax cuts they are just down loading the debt. Glad we agree raise taxes.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Republicans are on the side of Hate and Lady Gaga is in Maine hosting rallies in hopes of getting one of the few moderate Republicans left in the Senate to allow debate on the Don't ask Don't tell repel.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/20/dadt-repeal-vote-too-clos_n_731944.html

Ouch Shady, like I said your side would be on the side of hate. They hate so much they wont even let it be debated.

Looks like the Republicans are on the side of Hate and Lady Gaga is in Maine hosting rallies in hopes of getting one of the few moderate Republicans left in the Senate to allow debate on the Don't ask Don't tell repel.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/20/dadt-repeal-vote-too-clos_n_731944.html

Ouch Shady, like I said your side would be on the side of hate. They hate so much they wont even let it be debated.

Oh I know. They also hate puppies and kittens. :rolleyes:

Oh definitely. Like I said, they probably hate puppies and kittens too. :rolleyes:

I bet if the Dems put a bill forward that said "America likes puppies and kitties" the Republicans would find a way to filibuster it. You aren't making any excuses for them filibustering this Don't ask don't tell vote because you know it is hate. You are changing the subject. Eat it Republicans wont even let the Senate debate it.

What counts now is not just what we are against, but what we are for. Who leads us is less important than what leads us — what convictions, what courage, what faith — win or lose. A man doesn't save a century, or a civilization, but a militant party wedded to a principle can.

Welcome to the party of No Shady.

Edited by punked

Of course it's hate. Just like the Dems hate small and medium size businesses, and hate job creation, and hate the private sector, and hate fiscal responsiblity, and especially hate unborn babies. :lol:

Yah gotcha Dems hate small and medium size businesses (this is Shady code of tax cuts) and Fiscal responsibility (this is Shady code of he doesn't know math under those tax cuts) Got it.

Either way it is an issue of equality and the republicans wont even let it hit the floor. 41 Republicans hate gays. What is your opinion Shady are they lessor people who should not be allowed to serve? Are Republicans being idiots and hateful people you keep dodging this issue. One side is for the troops and wants there be a bigger pool for the Army to choose from (the Dems) the other hates equality.

Yah gotcha Dems hate small and medium size businesses (this is Shady code of tax cuts) and Fiscal responsibility (this is Shady code of he doesn't know math under those tax cuts) Got it.

Either way it is an issue of equality and the republicans wont even let it hit the floor. 41 Republicans hate gays. What is your opinion Shady are they lessor people who should not be allowed to serve? Are Republicans being idiots and hateful people you keep dodging this issue. One side is for the troops and wants there be a bigger pool for the Army to choose from (the Dems) the other hates equality.

Of course Republicans hate gay people. Now that I think of it. Bill Clinton and the Democrats also hated gay people. That's why they put in place the current policy to begin with. :lol:

Of course Republicans hate gay people. Now that I think of it. Bill Clinton and the Democrats also hated gay people. That's why they put in place the current policy to begin with. :lol:

To late Shady. Your side is now on the wrong side of History. It is to late to say that as the Democrats try to push a repel and the Republicans stand firmly in the way.

Oh BTW you don't get to cite Lincoln as an example of how much you love African Americans while vote against the civil rights act either. Sorry wrong side of History Shady. Deal with it you party hates equality. Don't change the subject defend what they are doing right now. There are 41 republicans standing in the way of a stronger Military and a more equal America.

Now tell me what you think of them. Not what you think of the Democratic party of 20 years ago. Thanks.

To late Shady. Your side is now on the wrong side of History. It is to late to say that as the Democrats try to push a repel and the Republicans stand firmly in the way.

Oh BTW you don't get to cite Lincoln as an example of how much you love African Americans while vote against the civil rights act either. Sorry wrong side of History Shady. Deal with it you party hates equality. Don't change the subject defend what they are doing right now. There are 41 republicans standing in the way of a stronger Military and a more equal America.

Now tell me what you think of them. Not what you think of the Democratic party of 20 years ago. Thanks.

I hate to break it to you, but there are Democrats in the senate right now who aren't on board with Harry Reid's little stunt. And who cares if it's 20 years ago? That doesn't stop you from thinking of Christine O'Donnell from 20 years ago. Classic hypocrite.

I hate to break it to you, but there are Democrats in the senate right now who aren't on board with Harry Reid's little stunt. And who cares if it's 20 years ago? That doesn't stop you from thinking of Christine O'Donnell from 20 years ago. Classic hypocrite.

Oh really want to know name the ones who wont let it come to a vote? Right now it looks like every Senator from the Dem Party is ready to let this be debated on its merits. I bet it passes to if the Republicans would put the hate away for 10 seconds.

Most of what I hate about O'Donnell comes from the last 5 years Shady. Here is another one

O’Donnell has said she “cannot understand” why gay people are offended by homosexuality being called a “deviant sexual orientation,” and has claimed that gay people are “attacking the very center of what is America — freedom to have different views.”

“People are created in God’s image. Homosexuality is an identity adopted through societal factors. It’s an identity disorder.”

Glad you brought her up in this thread that quote is from 3 years ago and it shows the hate in the Republican party. The Dems want equality your team and O'Donnell expect gay people to change who they are so that Republicans don't feel uncomfortable. It is hate for hate sake. Please explain why you keep defending it. Don't tell me it is because Dems (who you talk about as being wrong on everything) were for it. Tell me why Republicans today wont let it come to a vote. Stay on topic and explain why you support hate or don't answer at all.

Edited by punked

Oh really want to know name the ones who wont let it come to a vote? Right now it looks like every Senator from the Dem Party is ready to let this be debated on its merits. I bet it passes to if the Republicans would put the hate away for 10 seconds.

That's not true. But there's two issues that you're apparently unaware of. First, it's not a stand alone bill, Harry Reid has attached it to the defense funding bill. Which is wrong. If he wants it debated, he should introduce it on it's own. But there's also a portion of it dealing with illegal immigration. Harry Reid think that if somebody sneaks into the country and goes to college for 2 years, they should automatically be given citizenship. That's why the bill won't be allowed to be voted on. He has to correct that nonsense first.

That's not true. But there's two issues that you're apparently unaware of. First, it's not a stand alone bill, Harry Reid has attached it to the defense funding bill. Which is wrong. If he wants it debated, he should introduce it on it's own. But there's also a portion of it dealing with illegal immigration. Harry Reid think that if somebody sneaks into the country and goes to college for 2 years, they should automatically be given citizenship. That's why the bill won't be allowed to be voted on. He has to correct that nonsense first.

Why is it wrong Shady? Reagan's Defense Directive 1332.14 which said "homosexuality is incompatible with military service" and was what Don't ask don't tell is based on was passed by being attached to a defense funding bill. I know Shady as long as it something you don't like attached to a defense funding bill it is wrong but other wise it is ok.

No it isn't Harry Reid who thinks that Shady, it is the Defense Department. The Dream act is endorsed by the Defense Department who is looking to fill the military with the best and brightest. It is Republicans who would rather fight wars with a military of their own making then one that America deserves. I get it you only want America to be safe as long as that means hating gays and not letting brown people in. I just want a safer America altogether. So you keep up the hate and try to deflect it but it is you who has to explain why you are against what the DOD says is necessary to make America safer.

GOP would rather not give the Military any money this year then let gays in. They would rather America fall apart. The GOP Filibusters Don't ask Don't tell and in doing so filibuster defense funding bill. THE REPUBLICANS CHOSE HATE OVER SAFETY! Not really a shocker that is who the party is now.

Sorry punked, but some Dems also voted against Harry Reid's last minute, rushed, no debate allowed, amnesty for illegal immigrants, so-called Dream Act. Heck, even Harry Reid voted against it! :lol:

Sorry punked, but some Dems also voted against Harry Reid's last minute, rushed, no debate allowed, amnesty for illegal immigrants, so-called Dream Act. Heck, even Harry Reid voted against it! :lol:

Harry Reid has to vote against it or else he can not bring it up for debate later. Only a moron wouldn't know that. It does not include amnesty only an idiot would say that. It does include language which the Department of Defense asked for to make the military stronger and smarter offering a path to citizenship for those who have gone to school and completed school in the states and who are willing to put their life on the line for a number of years defending the United States from threats both foreign and domestic. I know you would rather stop loss those who have served their time and want to spend time with their families raising their children instead of spending 5 consecutive years at war. I would rather have an army that is rested and strong. The things the GOP will say for hate.

BTW Collins, Brown, and Snow don't even have the guts to say this is about Don't Ask Don't tell or the Dream act. They are saying it is over procedure so they made you look like an idiot again.

What is she saying? Well she is lying that is what she is saying.

Edited by punked

Sorry punked. Nobody cares what you, or Lady Gaga thinks. :rolleyes:

How about what 56 Senators and 75% of the American public? Oh that is right only Republicans don't care about that.

I am glad that Republicans are trying to frame all those who want Don't ask Don't tell as idiots though. Should cost them both their Maine seats and Browns if they keep it up. Also Ohio is in play this year and it just got a little closer. Keep shrinking your tent.

Edited by punked

How about what 56 Senators and 75% of the American public?

Well, if they care about it enough, they can vote out the Republican senators. Something tells me that isn't going to happen though. Because most people don't really care all that much. It's the economy stupid.

Well, if they care about it enough, they can vote out the Republican senators. Something tells me that isn't going to happen though. Because most people don't really care all that much. It's the economy stupid.

Is it? Because most people still blame the stupid Republicans for the Economy. I hope they do vote out the Republicans but I am glad you guys gave up an issue that might get dems to the polls. It seems almost all polls when taken of register voters have the Dems leading but due to what pollsters think the turn out will be the Republicans get the lead. More issues like this and you might just lose some seats not gain. Keep it up idiots.

Looks like Harry Reid is more interested in big fundraisers anyways. He's postponing a vote on the Disclose Act so that his donors won't be subject to the new rules of campaign financing. He's gonna schedule a vote afterwards. Stay classy Harry. :rolleyes:

DISCLOSE vote will wait for high-dollar fundraiser

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid just scheduled a vote on the DISCLOSE Act, which would force donors to publish their involvement in political ad campaigns, for Thursday.

Why not tomorrow, you might ask? Because there are no votes in the Senate scheduled for tomorrow. And that may be, in part, because there's something else going on tomorrow: A big New York fundraiser for the Senate Democrats.

Politico