Reid and don't ask don't tell

Is there any way to find out how Harry Reid voted for DADT in 1993? It would be absolutely hilarious if he voted for it! :lol:

Lets find out how he votes in 2010. Remember Clinton tired to get rid of Reagan's Defense Directive 1332.14 and congress said no way with Conservative Dems and REPUBLICANS backing. Don't ask don't tell is the compromise because they refuse to get rid of Reagan's Defense Directive 1332.14. Research is always fun. I agree the problem with congress has always been to many Conservative Democrats and Republicans. This is just another one of those times.

Edited by punked

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets find out how he votes in 2010. Remember Clinton tired to get rid of Reagan's Defense Directive 1332.14 and congress said no way with Conservative Dems and REPUBLICANS backing. Don't ask don't tell is the compromise because they refuse to get rid of Reagan's Defense Directive 1332.14. Research is always fun. I agree the problem with congress has always been to many Conservative Democrats and Republicans. This is just another one of those times.

To hell with that...this is way too much fun! Looks like your hero Senator Harry Reid was not so brave back in the early 90's:

Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity

(Back to top)

09/10/1996 Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) HR 3396 Y Bill Passed - Senate (85 - 14)

09/09/1993 Homosexuals in the Military Amendment S Amdt 783 N Amendment Rejected - Senate (33 - 63)

02/04/1993 Homosexual Discrimination in the Military Amendment S Amdt 19 Y Amendment Tabled - Senate (62 - 37)

http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=53320&type=category&category=76&go.x=8&go.y=6

To hell with that...this is way too much fun! Looks like your hero Senator Harry Reid was not so brave back in the early 90's:

Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity

(Back to top)

09/10/1996 Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) HR 3396 Y Bill Passed - Senate (85 - 14)

09/09/1993 Homosexuals in the Military Amendment S Amdt 783 N Amendment Rejected - Senate (33 - 63)

02/04/1993 Homosexual Discrimination in the Military Amendment S Amdt 19 Y Amendment Tabled - Senate (62 - 37)

http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=53320&type=category&category=76&go.x=8&go.y=6

But how did he vote on the actual Don't ask don't tell Bill?

National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1994.

I agree all those were dumb bills pushed through by dumb people. Good things Dems fix their mistakes how many hater Republicans do you think block this bill and wont even let it come up for a vote this time around?

Edited by punked

But how did he vote on the actual Don't ask don't tell Bill?

National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1994.

He voted yes....just use the search widget. Do I have to do everything for you?

http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=53320&type=category&category=47&go.x=8&go.y=7

I agree all those were dumb bills pushed through by dumb people.

You mean Senator Reid is dumb? That's not a very nice thing to say about a senior Dumbocrat!

Edited by bush_cheney2004

He voted yes....just use the search widget. Do I have to do everything for you?

http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=53320&type=category&category=47&go.x=8&go.y=7

You mean Senator Reid is dumb? That's not a very nice thing to say about a senior Dumbocrat!

At the time he was. He appears to have grown as a person, unlike the Republicans who will block the bill. I already searched that site, I don't think he voted on the bill.

Edited by punked

At the time he was. He appears to have grown as a person, unlike the Republicans who will block the bill. I already searched that site, I don't think he voted on the bill.

Nonsense...Reid was a politician then and he is a politician now. Spare us from your human enlightenment scenario, but not for Republicans. Sheesh.....

He is right Health care costs a lot when it is paid for by a public that does not have access to it. If they went with universal health care paid for by Value added tax those people would have to pay for that health care they got. So you have changed you tune I see Shady.

Anchor babies, anchor babies, anchor babies.

Anchor babies, anchor babies, anchor babies.

I didn't hear him say anchor baby. Although I did her him talking about how it costs tax payers to provide health care to that baby. If the US went universal with a vat tax that problem would be solved. You support that right Shady?

BTW who was the last president to offer amnesty? Quick quiz.

ALSO Reid is getting rid of Don't Ask Don't Tell and the Republicans plan to use hate to block it.

Perhaps you need to watch the clip again.

Stop being obtuse.

Was he talking about Reagan there? I could of swore he was talking about Reagan. You know the same Reagan that let 3 million Illegals become citizens with out a blink of an eye. He must have been talking about who Shady apperently thinks is the worst president ever. Reagan with is apporval rating less then Obamas at this time in his presidency, with his Unemployment more, and who rewarded illegals. It must be Reagan.

Was he talking about Reagan there? I could of swore he was talking about Reagan. You know the same Reagan that let 3 million Illegals become citizens with out a blink of an eye. He must have been talking about who Shady apperently thinks is the worst president ever. Reagan with is apporval rating less then Obamas at this time in his presidency, with his Unemployment more, and who rewarded illegals. It must be Reagan.

No, that clip of him is from 1993, so he's not talking about Reagan. But I'm glad you're not disputing that he's talking about anchor babies.

HAHAHAHAHA Apparently Reid figures they are going to lose Senators this November he better give the voters a reason. He is moving away from the washy middle he has stuck with all this time. In October the DREAM act is going to also get a vote. Welcome the progressive movement Reid, see it doesn't suck so much over here. Awesome!!!!

That's not true, because you're ignoring their other spending plans, like bringing spending back to 2008 levels. Swing and a miss punked.

Let me quote to you from the article Shady:

Republicans and tea party candidates are both running campaigns based around concern for the deficit. But both, to my knowledge, support the single-largest increase in the deficit that anyone of either party has proposed in memory

The Numbers are in the article if you have a problem with them. Again what Republicans don't seem to tell you is TAX CUTS COST MONEY! You want defense? You don't get it with tax cuts, you want education you don't get it with tax cuts.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2010/09/putting_the_39_trillion_extens.html

The best part is when asked about the tax cuts McConnell said "Don't worry we have a spending freeze that will save 300 billion". Ok well how does that pay for your 4 Trillion? Oh it doesn't.

Again Republican's plan will cost MORE then Democrats. It is a fact. Sorry Shads.

Let me quote to you from the article Shady:

The Numbers are in the article if you have a problem with them. Again what Republicans don't seem to tell you is TAX CUTS COST MONEY! You want defense? You don't get it with tax cuts, you want education you don't get it with tax cuts.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2010/09/putting_the_39_trillion_extens.html

The best part is when asked about the tax cuts McConnell said "Don't worry we have a spending freeze that will save 300 billion". Ok well how does that pay for your 4 Trillion? Oh it doesn't.

Again Republican's plan will cost MORE then Democrats. It is a fact. Sorry Shads.

Again, you're simply refusing to acknowledge their proposals to bring spending levels to what they were in 2008. Not to mention that the Democrats are also in favour of extending most of Bush's tax cuts, which amount to a 3 trillion dollar price tag. But they want to do that in addition to even more spending. It's completely insane.