Hiroshima & Nagasaki - On the 65th Anniversary of Nagasaki

jbg

The reality here is that Cory, Trevor, Randy and other advocates of attacking civilians during war time are trying to put forth the proposition that the only way someone could take the position that surrender could have been achieved without nuking urban areas is if they dont know their history.

...and if pigs had wings they could fly.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of post WW2 actions by Mao during the Cultural Revolution. The more recently, the Tiananmen Square Massacre never occurred according to the Chinese government. There is no better example of a shameless hypocrite than a Chinese government official complaining about Japanese textbooks.

Distrust of Japan over the atrocities it committed during the 1930s and 1940s is hardly restricted to the Chinese government.

It's standard procedure for such revisionists...they have to extend their political agenda far into the past. So we get Germany and Japan as victims because the contemporary Great Satan(s) must be punished for their contemporary "war crimes" and violations of "international law".

You can see the same approach with "Cold War" equivocations and rationalizations being depicted as far more evil than anything seen during WW2.

Strawman 1 - "So we get Germany and Japan as victims" - Nobody has said Japan was a "victim", people have argued that civilians destroyed by the atomic bomb were.

Strawman 2 - "Great Satan(s) must be punished" - Nobody said anybody should be punished.

Good to see you doubling up on your intellectual dishonesty, and logical fallacy. If you keep fitting two strawman arguments into each post, then youll be able to crank up your already impressive volume.

Strawman 1 - "So we get Germany and Japan as victims" - Nobody has said Japan was a "victim", people have argued that civilians destroyed by the atomic bomb were.

Strawman 2 - "Great Satan(s) must be punished" - Nobody said anybody should be punished.

Good to see you doubling up on your intellectual dishonesty, and logical fallacy. If you keep fitting two strawman arguments into each post, then youll be able to crank up your already impressive volume.

Captain Regina to the rescue again,eh?

....Good to see you doubling up on your intellectual dishonesty, and logical fallacy. If you keep fitting two strawman arguments into each post, then youll be able to crank up your already impressive volume.

You have already been proven to be ignorant of the past and present, and are frustrated to the point of meaningless references to popular Great Satan cartoon characters.

The bombs are newer, smarter, and have much higher yields. The generals and admirals know about them too. And they will be used if required.

You have already been proven to be ignorant of the past and present, and are frustrated to the point of meaningless references to popular Great Satan cartoon characters.

The bombs are newer, smarter, and have much higher yields. The generals and admirals know about them too. And they will be used if required.

You have already been proven to be ignorant of the past and present

Youve proven nothing besides your intellectual dishonesty, an infatuation with logical fallacy.

Heres another strawman... or maybe just an outright lie.

and are frustrated to the point of meaningless references to popular Great Satan cartoon characters

And a line of Giberish that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Distrust of Japan over the atrocities it committed during the 1930s and 1940s is hardly restricted to the Chinese government.
Any 'distrust' is largely political opportunism at this point because informed people understand that the Japan of today is not the Japan of 1930s.

After Trinity, the Bomb was handed over to the military and the scientist involved who had second thoughts twisted with the moral questions. Unfortunately for them, their time to twist had passed them by many months earlier. As well, it was easy to be moral from the Nevada desert rather than up front where the eye-to-eye killing was going on. It is assumed by most civilians are innocent when, in fact, they are all involved in their country's war effort in a Total War situation like WW2. Something I don't think we can imagine. Total war.

Youve proven nothing besides your intellectual dishonesty, an infatuation with logical fallacy.

Quite to the contrary, as as DoP warned you, I have direct experience with these matters. The NCA decision to release nuclear weapons is not based on a poll of "generals".

Heres another strawman... or maybe just an outright lie.

No brag....just fact. - Will Sonnett

And a line of Giberish that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Then why did you invoke such nonsense to begin with? It's a common ploy from you and several others, as if points can be scored by changing my gender, sexual orientation, or even country of residence. I do not need such gimmicks, as my razor stays sharp and cuts to the bone. Deal with it as an adult, not a child.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

.... It is assumed by most civilians are innocent when, in fact, they are all involved in their country's war effort in a Total War situation like WW2. Something I don't think we can imagine. Total war.

Maybe it's that simple....these "apologists" really think that they are different and immune from such a fate, even while thriving in the resulting excesses of "western dominance". They actually think that they are "morally superior".

Quite to the contrary, as as DoP warned you, I have direct experience with these matters. The NCA decision to release nuclear weapons is not based on a poll of "generals".

No brag....just fact. - Will Sonnett

Then why did you invoke such nonsense to begin with? It's a common ploy from you and several others, as if points can be scored by changing my gender, sexual orientation, or even country of residence. I do not need such gimmicks, as my razor stays sharp and cuts to the bone. Deal with it as an adult, not a child.

Another post full of complete nonsense with absolutely no content related to the subject at hand.

And look! More logical fallacy in the form of argumentum ad vericundium

I have direct experience with these matters.

The only thing you have experience with is complete and total giberish, logical fallacy, and intellectual dishonesty.

as my razor stays sharp and cuts to the bone

:lol::lol::lol: - I gotta applaud you for that one. THAT is just good comedy!.

Edited by dre

Maybe it's that simple....these "apologists" really think that they are different and immune from such a fate, even while thriving in the resulting excesses of "western dominance". They actually think that they are "morally superior".

Even in Canada where there was no official draft, there was indeed pressure to join in the effort. For example the 'Girls don't date boys not wearing a uniform' campaign which was quite successful. We don't have to deal with ration stamps or metal drives, air-raid practice and blackouts. None of that stuff set to a Glenn Miller tune.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Another post full of complete nonsense with absolutely no content related to the subject at hand.

More squirming....no factual rebuttal.

And look! More logical fallacy in the form of argumentum ad vericundium

Hard to argue with a thermonuclear warhead.

The only thing you have experience with is complete and total giberish, logical fallacy, and intellectual dishonesty.

You have failed....miserably...several members enjoined your self initiated massacre. Nagasaki is forever bombed, and there is nothing you can do about it.

More squirming....no factual rebuttal.

Hard to argue with a thermonuclear warhead.

You have failed....miserably...several members enjoined your self initiated massacre. Nagasaki is forever bombed, and there is nothing you can do about it.

You have failed....miserably...several members enjoined your self initiated massacre.

Well... You Trevor, and Randy buried yourselves in your own flying ejaculate... dont know what "enjoined" means though.

Nagasaki is forever bombed, and there is nothing you can do about it.

And heres yet another strawman. I dont want to do anything about it and I never claimed I did. But Im secure in the knowledge that the worlds military establishment doesnt share your enthusiasm for killing women and children in war. They have a name for people like you these days... people that consider attacking civilians a reasonable way to achieve a political objective....

They call them terrorists.

Well... You Trevor, and Randy buried yourselves in your own flying ejaculate... dont know what "enjoined" means though.

And heres yet another strawman. I dont want to do anything about it and I never claimed I did. But Im secure in the knowledge that the worlds military establishment doesnt share your enthusiasm for killing women and children in war. They have a name for people like you these days... people that consider attacking civilians a reasonable way to achieve a political objective....

They call them terrorists.

Who's a strawman now?

This is a great example of what I have described earlier...yours is the mind of an impulsive adolescent, regardless of your real age. Several other members (you know who you are) resort to this as well when trounced.

Body counts for last week...last month...last year...and last decade would quickly prove otherwise. BTW, "women and children" is so 1950's!

Edited by bush_cheney2004

This is a great example of what I have described earlier...yours is the mind of an impulsive adolescent, regardless of your real age. Several other members (you know who you are) resort to this as well when trounced.

Body counts for last week...last month...last year...and last decade would quickly prove otherwise. BTW, "women and children" is so 1950's!

Judging by the number of car bombs, the Taliban military establishment.

And I dont get happy when civilians die in large numbers.

You're not being entirely honest: You infer that the Japanese populace had a clear demarcation between soldier and civilian and each group was neatly compartmentalised in far apart areas of the country, the former a smiling, bucolic group of flower-picking, smiling innocents, compared to the fang-toothed, oozing miliary personnel who should have been the specific target of enemy blockades and bombs, but wasn't. Of course, your image is utterly false. Almost the entire population of Japan was involved in the war, either performing bureaucratic functions within military offices or employed in the factories that were churning out bombs and planes and artillery; even school children were working in plants when they weren't in class. I have been to Hiroshima and can tell you that all of this is well documented in the museums there. So, by calling for Japan's enemies to aim only for military targets, you're actually advocating that the entire citizenry be open to attack. And then, while you may be upset by the death of civilians in large numbers, you seem to have no issue seeing them starved or firebombed to death.

Turns out you're quite the little tyrant behind that veil of overwrought woe for humanity.

dre: Well... You Trevor, and Randy buried yourselves in your own flying ejaculate... dont know what "enjoined" means though.

You have quite the homo-erotic streak to you. Combined with your lack of women make me wonder is that a Ricky Martin poster on your wall or do you just like Latin music?

:P

You have quite the homo-erotic streak to you. Combined with your lack of women make me wonder is that a Ricky Martin poster on your wall or do you just like Latin music?

Get Mr.Falange and the film crew here immediately!!!!

Edited by Jack Weber

It's so cute...the angrier they get, the more they descend into "personal attacks", not because they mean jack to a mature adult, but because these are the most severe form of attack they perceive against themselves. Fascinating, Captain.

It's so cute...the angrier they get, the more they descend into "personal attacks", not because they mean jack to a mature adult, but because these are the most severe form of attack they perceive against themselves. Fascinating, Captain.

Aye...and I thought these threads were about was posting cool vids of test blasts.

Not too late...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvzpqecuB-M