SUPPORT THE G-8 AND 20 GANG

When was the last time yelling at rich people to give you more money ever worked? End of story - Protesting only shows you that the common mass is controlled by money - and as long as they live in fear they will never have authoriship of their future - protestors are cowards with no solutions - just waiting to worship Mammon - like the rest of the idiots - at least the G gang is past worshipping cash and concentrates on management and real power - as long as protestors behave like beggars they will recieve a beggars wage.

Maybe the protesters should get corporate sponsorship???

"This G-20 protest brought to you by Global Anarchy inc."...

Interesting...

If your take is that the surest way to get sponsored by the political classes in this country is to be a corporation, I tend to agree...

This G-20 summit brought to you by Corporate Rule Inc.

Interesting...

If your take is that the surest way to get sponsored by the political classes in this country is to be a corporation, I tend to agree...

This G-20 summit brought to you by Corporate Rule Inc.

This Summit weekend brought to you by the private security companies frothing at the mouth for new contracts in Canada...

Harper's pandering to them by removing the 2 for 1 deal for time served and this photo-op of a summit.

When was the last time yelling at rich people to give you more money ever worked? End of story - Protesting only shows you that the common mass is controlled by money - and as long as they live in fear they will never have authoriship of their future - protestors are cowards with no solutions - just waiting to worship Mammon - like the rest of the idiots - at least the G gang is past worshipping cash and concentrates on management and real power - as long as protestors behave like beggars they will recieve a beggars wage.

Protesting is desperately important in an increasingly apathetic population, Oleg. Don't be so cynical; the MAJORITY of protestors behave like law abiding citizens. You wanna let BlackWater tell you what your rights are?

In one of Harper speeches, he said that the CANADIAN economy is dead and gone and that some people don't like it, but Canada now belong to the GLOBAL economy. I'm just wondering how long will it take Harper or the next PM to stand up and say the CANADIAN sovereign is gone and some people don't like it but we are now part of the Global sovereign. The G20 makes promises and never delievers and this time so they didn't do the same thing, every nation will do what is good for their nation. So when the protesters say the G20 don't do enough for the world they are right every time.

In one of Harper speeches, he said that the CANADIAN economy is dead and gone and that some people don't like it, but Canada now belong to the GLOBAL economy.

I didn't hear him say our economy is "dead and gone". The message I took from his statement is that our economy is intertwined with the global economy. Isn't that why the global recession hit our economy?

So when the protesters say the G20 don't do enough for the world they are right every time.

The G20 nations pledged to work to reduce their deficits. If they succeed, of course this won't solve the world's problems but the resulting healthier economies stand to benefit the citizens of many of those countries. What are these protesters? They're a collection of special interest groups so it's not surprising they say the G20 isn't doing enough for their individual causes. They view the world through the lens of their particular mandate and many don't see the forest for the trees.

Harper could've put some of those taxpayer dollars earmarked for the numerous new prisons he's planning to build and hosted the G-whatevers in one of them instead. Not only would at least one of them be built on time but there would be no `security' concerns either...

...then again, he wouldn't have the propaganda-valuable imagery from this weekend's clashes to further sell his sellout....

Harper sucks.

Like most conservative politicians who think privatizing anything is a good idea, Harper's pandering to international prison-running corporations and private security firms like Blackwater, now renamed "Xe Services LLC" due to their bad reputation worldwide.

Harper's wasting taxpayer's money much more than the Liberals ever did.

Harper sucks.

I didn't hear him say our economy is "dead and gone". The message I took from his statement is that our economy is intertwined with the global economy. Isn't that why the global recession hit our economy?

And it doesn't bother you that we were lied to when Mulroney and Reagan started this "intertwining," or that successive governments that have promised to "untwine" globalization do absolutely nothing to stop an economic system that was created for the benefit of the world's largest corporations?

The G20 nations pledged to work to reduce their deficits. If they succeed, of course this won't solve the world's problems but the resulting healthier economies stand to benefit the citizens of many of those countries.

And you believe that budget-cutting will actually reduce deficits? And that the G8 and G20 economies will benefit from this? Ever hear of The Great Depression? The budget cutting attempts to balance budgets played a big role in keeping the Depression going for ten years.

What are these protesters? They're a collection of special interest groups so it's not surprising they say the G20 isn't doing enough for their individual causes. They view the world through the lens of their particular mandate and many don't see the forest for the trees.

What makes me even more pissed off than the Harper Government pissing away a billion dollars to host this circle jerk, is the unfortunate reality that a peaceful protest against globalization, poverty, destruction of the environment, or the many causes that are considered "left wing" will go completely unnoticed in the mainstream ad-revenue-dependent press.

And here's exhibit A: The United States Social Forum hosted a conference in Detroit this past week which drew more than 15,000 community organizers and progressive activists; and the only media commentary comes from Huffington Post, Alternet, Progressive Magazine and a few other leftist sites. The Detroit News only had a small blurb in their Community Events section with a link to the website. A search through their website shows no news coverage of the 5 day event by Detroit's largest newspaper. Does that make any sense in a city that is in such desperate economic straits? Compare that to the unwarranted news coverage given to Tea Party events, where a few hundred shit-kickers and gun nuts get get bussed in to watch their Queen Bee imbecile - Sarah Palin give another canned pep rally speech.

With the right kind of marketing you could make money at that

Borg

Sure!!!

Most of these "anarchists" are not broke deadbeats...They well-heeled upper middle class deadbeats with too much time(and money)on their hands and not alot of brains...

These folks are P.T. Barnum's dream demographic!!!!

Edited by Jack Weber

And it doesn't bother you that we were lied to when Mulroney and Reagan started this "intertwining," or that successive governments that have promised to "untwine" globalization do absolutely nothing to stop an economic system that was created for the benefit of the world's largest corporations?

I think you're referring to free trade. The global economic system you allude to was mostly a response and reaction to our insatiable appetite for cheap foreign goods. Essentially, that's what gradually eroded important sectors of our internal economy. For example, in the 70s Canada had thriving textiles, clothing and footwear sectors that were ruined by cheap imports. Blaming Mulroney and Reagan for the globalization of trade is rather short sighted.

And you believe that budget-cutting will actually reduce deficits? And that the G8 and G20 economies will benefit from this?

And you know they won't? I think reducing government expenditures, if applied with prudence, certainly can reduce deficits.

I think you're referring to free trade. The global economic system you allude to was mostly a response and reaction to our insatiable appetite for cheap foreign goods. Essentially, that's what gradually eroded important sectors of our internal economy. For example, in the 70s Canada had thriving textiles, clothing and footwear sectors that were ruined by cheap imports. Blaming Mulroney and Reagan for the globalization of trade is rather short sighted.

And you know they won't? I think reducing government expenditures, if applied with prudence, certainly can reduce deficits.

LOOK at this obvious social engineering - They want to toss a billion or so at health care for "woman and children" in developing nations ;;; no mention of the male heads of the family ..no mention at maintaining the nuclear family - just a vast plot to have the state husband the family and get rid of the percieved male tribal leader ...wonder if they are going to start funding anger management courses of males in the Congo? What a bunch of bull shit..why don't they just deball all the males internatationally right frinking now? ooops - I forgot - they all ready have.

In his closing speech yesterday he did say essentially that a Canadian economy is no more. Meaning that since most of the G8 and G20, have economies intertwined to the point where it's hard to tell where the Canadian economy ends and the global economy begins. It's been a global economy for 20 plus years.

What I also find funny, is that the debt is owed to each other. We owe money to the US, they owe money to us, and you can replace that with any combination of countries belonging to the G8 and G20.

In his closing speech yesterday he did say essentially that a Canadian economy is no more. Meaning that since most of the G8 and G20, have economies intertwined to the point where it's hard to tell where the Canadian economy ends and the global economy begins. It's been a global economy for 20 plus years.

What I also find funny, is that the debt is owed to each other. We owe money to the US, they owe money to us, and you can replace that with any combination of countries belonging to the G8 and G20.

DO as the ancient Judeans did and have a jubilee..where all debt is cancelled and they all start fresh - fu*K keeping those who make money by having money - who do not spend their money but only our money - afloat..let them bail themselves out ..if they can not manage their own affairs on our behalf then they should also step down..Just because you are born into a position of power and privledge does not mean this is an enternal title.

DO as the ancient Judeans did and have a jubilee..where all debt is cancelled and they all start fresh - fu*K keeping those who make money by having money - who do not spend their money but only our money - afloat..let them bail themselves out ..if they can not manage their own affairs on our behalf then they should also step down..Just because you are born into a position of power and privledge does not mean this is an enternal title.

I'd rather we adopt the potlatch where the richest chiefs compete by giving away all their wealth - chiefs who were confident that by winning their people's respect and support this way they'd be able to generate even more wealth in the future.