American Sterotypes...

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the original poster, and his/her video.

Yes, but again, I wasn't the one calling a group of people dumb. The original poster was. I simply stated that if you're going to label an entire group dumb, try correctly spelling all of you words during said accusation. Is it that hard for you to understand? :blink:

Ok, then let me reword: for your own sake, so as not to invite exactly what I sent, you should avoid any spelling errors when specifically pointing out someone else's spelling errors.

Not a rebuke; just advice.

I simply stated that if you're going to label an entire group dumb, try correctly spelling all of you words during said accusation.

Perhaps if you're going to criticize people for their spelling, you should try correctly spelling all of "you words" too. :lol:

Also, does anybody else find it more than a little ironic, that the creator of the video misspelled stereotypes in the thread title? I guess it's not just American's that are dumb, eh jathu_v? :lol:

lolololol

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the original poster, and his/her video.

Yes, but again, I wasn't the one calling a group of people dumb. The original poster was. I simply stated that if you're going to label an entire group dumb, try correctly spelling all of you words during said accusation. Is it that hard for you to understand? :blink:

??? No. Either was I. (Quite the opposite, in fact.)

I only pointed out that it doesn't look good to correct someone's spelling...in the same post as you make an error in spelling.

Will the real Shady please sit down, please sit down, please sit down.

Ok, then let me reword: for your own sake, so as not to invite exactly what I sent, you should avoid any spelling errors when specifically pointing out someone else's spelling errors.

Not a rebuke; just advice.

Good advice. My advice to you. Try to be consistent, and address all spelling mistakes. Instead of giving a pass on posters who espouse the American stereotypes you believe and agree with. Also, my pointing out of someone else's error wasn't related to spelling inasmuch as it was related to the premise he/she was trying to defend.

But I'm sure you knew that. I'm sure all of you know that. You're just purposely being obtuse. :rolleyes:

Good advice. My advice to you. Try to be consistent, and address all spelling mistakes.

Once again: I don't address spelling mistakes, unless the poster has made the mistake while rebuking someone else for making a mistake.

I understand what you're saying, re the "dumb Americans" aspect (a point on which we're in some agreement, actually, though for mysterious reasons you refuse to accept it).

I think you're the one being obtuse.

Instead of giving a pass on posters who espouse the American stereotypes you believe and agree with.

That's an odd thing to say; considering that I don't make those stereotypes, and that I agreed with you on this point. You're picking an argument here where none exists...and being perfectly dishonest about my own stance on the matter.

Why?

I would still try to make sure I don't "miss-spell" a word when I make fun of people for misspelling.

I agree, except I wasn't making fun of anyone, just pointing out the irony (of their premise that a certain group of people are dumb). Also, I actually didn't misspell anything.

Guest American Woman

I would still try to make sure I don't "miss-spell" a word when I make fun of people for misspelling.

Sounds as if you're in agreement with us then. :)

Whoops, didn't see that misspelling of stereotypes haha, probably about time I should switch to using Mozilla Firefox.

Anyways, guys I'm not calling Americans dumb, fat, stupid or w/e the stereotype may be, I just found I funny discovery on Google and thought I'd share it. I have nothing against Americans, I have a lot of family living in the U.S. and they do not fit these general stereotypes, so I obviously don't believe in them

Lighten up guys.

Guest American Woman

Cool...this is another stereotype...for Canadians...who say this a lot.

:D

Fortunately it's the minority, but I do find irony in the idea that it's apparently ok for a Canadian to start a thread on American stereotypes, all negative, of course, and ask "is this how the world sees Americans?" while one of the reasons many of these same people say Americans are stupid is because they believe the stereotypes of Canada/Canadians.

Moronic American stereotypes evidently 'have some truth behind them,' while at the same time, moronic Canadian stereotypes are only believed by morons.

As a side note, seems to me anyone who has "a lot of family living in the U.S." would be in the position to know whether the stereotypes are true or not. B)