Guergis Resigns from Cabinet - RCMP Investigation into Alleged Miscond

Ex-cuuuuse me!

As someone who has been inadequately represented for a good long while, I wonder why someone who has shown to be guilty of "marrying a husband with appallingly bad judgment, letting him use her office, having an annoying personality and breaking down in public under the pressure of two miscarriages and her mother’s health scare." would not have stepped aside in favor of someone who is up to the job, and who is not in the middle of a personal meltdown!

"For that she’s been ousted from her job and party, and crucified in the press" .. as well she should.

I'm sure the countdown is on. How many more days before her parliamentary pension is secure?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I hope that this investigation and a verdict comes quickly, even if Guergis is cleared her reputation and livelyhood are ruined. All this is based mainly on speculation and rumour, so far nothing factual.

It's too bad that the opposition continues to use this the further their own agenda rather than getting down to other business.

This is from a letter in today's NP which pretty well sums up the situation :)-

I'm betting the Guergis' staffers wrote that letter....

Tee hee hee.

Let's start a spelling flame war! Yeah, man, let's pretend it's 1995 usenet and we're all, like, teenagers or something.... :rolleyes:

When I'm talking to people in a foreign country I assume they use another language, in this case "Canadian".

When I'm talking to people in a foreign country I assume they use another language, in this case "Canadian".

Don't play stupid with me.

It is clear that an apostrophe was missed. BFD.

If this was the first time I saw you participate in such juvenile behaviour maybe I would laugh it off - but it isn't the first time and, if anything, you have participated in this juvenile behaviour more in the past week than any "grown up" should (I use quotes because I now doubt your alleged age).

How about his political affiliation and country of origin?

Agreed. JBG is definitely troll like, ain't "he."

To be fair, "he" likely is a he if only because women, so far, have not descended quite as far into trolliness as "men."

Probably should add him to my ignore list and be done with him.

I'm trying to remember any time you ever contributed an intelligent thought on any subject and... failing. Help me out here. You being such a wise, learned, restrained poster and all. I mean, surely no one would consider putting a wordsmith like YOU on an ignore list. Right?

I'm trying to remember any time you ever contributed an intelligent thought on any subject and... failing.

Help me out here. You being such a wise, learned, restrained poster and all. I mean, surely no one would consider putting a wordsmith like YOU on an ignore list. Right?

You can't hold me responsible for what you have not read - your failing is your own and you should take responsibility for it.

Perhaps you should check out the Canada/US forum and the Business/Economy forum and then try to keep up.

Oh, and please put me on your ignore list. It's a badge of honour to be put on ignore lists by people of your ilk.

Edited by msj

I'm trying to remember any time you ever contributed an intelligent thought on any subject and... failing. Help me out here. You being such a wise, learned, restrained poster and all. I mean, surely no one would consider putting a wordsmith like YOU on an ignore list. Right?

What? More trolling? Oh my!

I'd suggest you look up "trolling" too. You really don't seem to have a very good grasp of the English language.

Then again, perhaps your confusion arises from another source...

Do you really talk to your computer?

Don't play stupid with me.

It is clear that an apostrophe was missed. BFD.

If this was the first time I saw you participate in such juvenile behaviour maybe I would laugh it off - but it isn't the first time and, if anything, you have participated in this juvenile behaviour more in the past week than any "grown up" should (I use quotes because I now doubt your alleged age).

Agreed. JBG is definitely troll like, ain't "he."

To be fair, "he" likely is a he if only because women, so far, have not descended quite as far into trolliness as "men."

Oh, and please put me on your ignore list. It's a badge of honour to be put on ignore lists by people of your ilk.

Yer definitely a troll allright...

As Shakespeare (not copyrighted, in public domain, link to source of quote) said in Macbeth this exchange is "a tale (t)old by an idiot, full of sound and fury, (s)ignifying nothing".

How about his political affiliation and country of origin?

I will not surrender the mantle of genuine progressivism to statist reactionaries.

Edited by jbg

As Shakespeare (not copyrighted, in public domain, link to source of quote) said in Macbeth this exchange is "a tale (t)old by an idiot, full of sound and fury, (s)ignifying nothing".

Oooooh, I'm impressed! You can Google Shakespeare. Nicely done. I've never felt so pawned before in my life! :D

For a guy who anonymously takes on incorrect spelling on an anonymous forum you sure like to quote big. :lol:

Keep on trucking spell checking! ;)

Edited by msj

Oooooh, I'm impressed! You can Google Shakespeare. Nicely done.

I knew the quote and just wanted to get it right.

For a guy who anonymously takes on incorrect spelling on an anonymous forum you sure like to quote big. :lol:

I told you before I honestly thought that was written in Canadian.