Unmitigated Slaugher in Congo - World Condemns Israel

jbg

Overall it's a great article. For whatever reason people see the need for "balance" on these matters. What's in that article in terms of unneeded balance is mild compared to other more vituperative articles attacking Israel.

So the writer of this article was being completely disingenuous with this single remark? A lie, for the sake of "balance"?

Why doesn't that raise your suspicions about other aspects of the article?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the writer of this article was being completely disingenuous with this single remark? A lie, for the sake of "balance"?

Why doesn't that raise your suspicions about other aspects of the article?

No. It raises my suspicions about the West's habits of eating its own, and of political correctness. I have little doubt that North Korea torpedoed a South Korean ship or that the wounded from a Pakistan Taliban attack were slaughtered in the hospital while under treatment for their wounds.

No. It raises my suspicions about the West's habits of eating its own, and of political correctness. I have little doubt that North Korea torpedoed a South Korean ship or that the wounded from a Pakistan Taliban attack were slaughtered in the hospital while under treatment for their wounds.

If political correctness is bad (ie "support the troops," "critics of Israel are anti-semites," etc...you know, the continual barrage that makes up the bulk of the PC around here)....well, then, those who use it are wholly, 100% responsible for it.

Meaning, the authors of this fairly crappy article, full of errors and servile-to-power assumptions, sans evidence, are fully responsible for their own use of political correctness.

It's not the culture's fault...it's not "the West's" fault...it's the writer. That's it.

The death in the DRC is crazy. It's remarkably ignored in the mainstream media. A few articles from time to time in the newspapers, but it certainly hasn't received the attention as something like Darfur, Rwanda, and Somalia etc.

Reuters says in an article from 2008 that the conflict up until that time had killed 5.4 million people, the most from any conflict since since World War II.

Ballsack!

No one with power and wealth seem to care about the Congo and the butchering of human beings- it's because they are black - poor and useless to those that could do something about it..I guess they are not worth the investment - I know of this one guy..who is a product of Uganda - He seems nice but - there is a hard and brutal look in his eyes that he does hide well - where as my Haitian associate - is crimminally minded - because both of these black men are products of their environment.

The death in the DRC is crazy. It's remarkably ignored in the mainstream media. A few articles from time to time in the newspapers, but it certainly hasn't received the attention as something like Darfur, Rwanda, and Somalia etc.

Reuters says in an article from 2008 that the conflict up until that time had killed 5.4 million people, the most from any conflict since since World War II.

Ballsack!

I guess these are the real atrocities, then:

1. The Israeli killing of nine people stupidly trying to run a blockade peace activists with billy clubs;
  2. Undisciplined U.S. prison guards sticking underwear on the heads of their "Mother Theresa" prisoners;
  3. U.S. imprisonment of avid high school student Khadr

You get the idea.

No one with power and wealth seem to care about the Congo and the butchering of human beings- it's because they are black - poor and useless to those that could do something about it..I guess they are not worth the investment - I know of this one guy..who is a product of Uganda - He seems nice but - there is a hard and brutal look in his eyes that he does hide well - where as my Haitian associate - is crimminally minded - because both of these black men are products of their environment.

It is also because this problem does not affect the West in major big way, beyond the morality of it. Many people, and virtually all states, do not care about things that don't affect them. And as we know well from Rwanda and Darfur, states have no interest in intervening in a situation that wouldn't benefit them. Killings are meaningless unless it affects our security as well.

Maybe if more terrorist start taking up camp in Somalia and other African countries, our govs and people in general will actually start to give a fart about instability and war in the continent.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

Maybe if more terrorist start taking up camp in Somalia and other African countries, our govs and people in general will actually start to give a fart about instability and war in the continent.

Supposedly they have taken up camp in Somalia, yet the West still has done nothing constructive.

Supposedly they have taken up camp in Somalia, yet the West still has done nothing constructive.

Somalia is one place where both our countries have tried. What a tough nut to crack.

This Board and the world at large show great concern and weeping for the "victims" of Israeli racism and retaliation. In the active topics of the International Politics>Rest of the World Thread grouping there are these two multipage threads opened in last two weeks alone:

1. Current Knesset is the most racist in Israeli history
  2. Israel continues to spit in the face of international law

But when is someone going to help, for humanitarian reasons those truly desparate people in the Congo (link)? Excerpts below:

And there is lots of urgency about criticizing Netanyahu, granted. But what about someone taking up the cudgels for these victims?

Naomi..........

Well, if you care so much about Congo now, stop buying things from Wal-Mart. They are the single-largest buyer of gold from Congo, which is smuggled into Rwanda (which has no gold) for export and is used to fund militia group's war crimes.

Blood Gold.

Plus they make cheap, shitty jewellery with it.

Edited by JB Globe

Well, if you care so much about Congo now, stop buying things from Wal-Mart.

Not a hard assignment. We have a cr@ppy little Wal-Mart Express in White Plains. Otherwise you have to travel around 30 km for a "real" Wal-Mart or about 120 km for a Wal-Mart Supercenter. So I can make a virtue out of necessity.

I feel so proud I don't shop at Wal-Mart locally.