Equalization payments

Oh good, now I'm dealing with right wing and left wing fascists. You can't tell me where to live. You can't unilaterally decide to cut equalization. The more I read from people who live in Alberta, the more I start to become an Alberta separatist. As far as I'm concerned, you can all take your money and go.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vote out the duds, i will be casting my ballot against the PC's again this election and it looks like we may have a good chance at a new government.

ya but you want to vote for a party whose leader has a hatered of public healthcare, I ain't going there...

it's not insulting, it's reality...

No, you have no idea what you're talking about. I have a job (more than one at the moment), and I pay taxes. I have as much right to have a say on equalization as you.

I didn't want to move but I did, that was the financial reality, and if the economy hits bottom here and I have no work and my wife loses her job I'll move again, maybe BC, maybe Europe where ever I see an opportunity for my family...

Good for you. It's not your place to make the decision for me.

As you become more experienced in life you will find that it is never about what you want but more so what is in your best interest.

Perhaps as you become more experienced, you will find that you don't know what is in everyone's best interest. A country isn't built on economics alone...and you can't tell me what to do or where to go.

? You should be going to where you can support yourself.

Then I don't have to go anywhere.

My ancestors didn't come to canada because they wanted to leave there homes, they came because it was in their best interest to start new lives with the chance that it would be better existence with more opportunities.

And that became a reality, across all of Canada. Money ha clouded the vision of so many of you in Alberta. It's rather sad.

Oh good, now I'm dealing with right wing and left wing fascists. You can't tell me where to live. You can't unilaterally decide to cut equalization. The more I read from people who live in Alberta, the more I start to become an Alberta separatist. As far as I'm concerned, you can all take your money and go.

:blink: whose telling you where to live??? and ya I want EQ payments revisited which happens in 4 yrs...if my government is screwing up financially I want them replaced, but if other provinces are living the good life above their means I want some of that cash back so I can have some of what they get...

left wing fascists
B) that's funny... :D

And that became a reality, across all of Canada. Money ha clouded the vision of so many of you in Alberta. It's rather sad.

it's not money it's practicality...my parents came to Canada with nothing to have a chance for a better opportunities for themselves and their kids it's not that they didn't love their home and their country...I left Sask for the same reason...and I'll leave Alberta too if I need to, being emotional about your home is great but it always comes second to putting food on the table......

Albert has a per capita GDP twice that of almost every other province. This isn't simply about food, it's about greed, and it's becoming disgusting. People in Alberta treat have not residents like second class citizens. It's becoming rather tiring.

I can put food on my table here. I don't need to leave, and I won't be leaving.

Perhaps as you become more experienced, you will find that you don't know what is in everyone's best interest. A country isn't built on economics alone...and you can't tell me what to do or where to go.

Then I don't have to go anywhere.

No one is taking that choice from you, however you should be responsible for your choices. So if you live in an area that cannot give you the standard of living you want it is not societies responsibility to provide it. So that gives you a choice stay or leave to find something better.

Its not the money its the principle, I can't vote on how my tax money is spent in have not provinces and in most cases it is wasted. It amounts to a form of taxation without representation.

Edited by Alta4ever

No one is taking that choice from you, however you should be responsible for your choices. So if you live in an area that cannot give you the stand of living you want it is not societies responsibility to provide it. So that gives you a choice stay or leave to find something better.

Ah, but that's where your wrong. I can provide for myself here, and Equalization helps to provide for my provincial government.

Its not the money its the principle, I can't vote on how my tax money is spent in have not provinces and in most cases it is wasted. It amounts to a form of taxation without representation.

:rolleyes: I find it rather good that you don't get to decide what happens in my province. It isn't up to you. You do get to vote in federal politics, and since that's who distributes the money, it couldn't be farther from the truth to say taxation without representation.

Guest TrueMetis

No one is taking that choice from you, however you should be responsible for your choices. So if you live in an area that cannot give you the standard of living you want it is not societies responsibility to provide it. So that gives you a choice stay or leave to find something better.

You need to check the history of the country you are living in. Check the histories of the countries a lot of are policies are based on while you are at it. "if you live in an area that cannot give you the standard of living you want it is not societies responsibility to provide it" Those who failed history are doomed to repeat it.

That's your opinion.

So it doesn't mean you are entitled to a penny of it.

Are you entitled to your neighbours wealth because they make more then you?

Yes, see taxes.

Edited by TrueMetis

So it doesn't mean you are entitled to a penny of it.

According to the Constitution, and the federal Conservative government, I am.

Are you entitled to your neighbours wealth because they make more then you?

Well, yes actually. In any socialized society, the rich always subsidize the people who make less to some degree.

Ah, but that's where your wrong. I can provide for myself here, and Equalization helps to provide for my provincial government.

Your province should be able to provide for your province.

[quote name='Smallc' date='15 March 2010 - 01:13 AM' timestamp='1268635522' post='520362'

:rolleyes: I find it rather good that you don't get to decide what happens in my province. It isn't up to you. You do get to vote in federal politics, and since that's who distributes the money, it couldn't be farther from the truth to say taxation without representation.

Your province is spending federal tax dollars in a manner I don't approve of since I am a contributor to those dollars I should get a say. Or your government should get the money.

Your province should be able to provide for your province.

The people who wrote the Constitution Act 1982...and the people who currently run the country seem to disagree.

Your province is spending federal tax dollars in a manner I don't approve of since I am a contributor to those dollars I should get a say. Or your government should get the money.

Governments always spend money as we don't like in one way or another. That doesn't suddenly give us an opt out.

Albert has a per capita GDP twice that of almost every other province. This isn't simply about food, it's about greed, and it's becoming disgusting. People in Alberta treat have not residents like second class citizens. It's becoming rather tiring.

no one is preventing anyone from the rest of Canada and getting a share of that per capita GDP...and put it in perspective this is an expensive place to live, that's the price of high wages...
I can put food on my table here. I don't need to leave, and I won't be leaving.
good for you, no one is forcing you to...

According to the Constitution, and the federal Conservative government, I am.

Well, yes actually. In any socialized society, the rich always subsidize the people who make less to some degree.

So you are entitled to your entitlements. No wonder you support the liberal party.

And no they aren't entitled, they should have some damn gratitude for the gift they receive.

no one is preventing anyone from the rest of Canada and getting a share of that per capita GDP...and put it in perspective this is an expensive place to live, that's the price of high wages...

There aren't enough jobs in Alberta for all Canadians, and we shouldn't have to move there if we don't have to. I've never seen someone who calls themselves a left winger campaign against equalization. Alberta was lucky to be placed where they were when they were created. That's simply the reality. For Albertans to sit here and lecture the rest of us about where we should go, or what we should do is rather rich. Take the oil and gas away and Alberta is nothing more than any of the rest of us.

You need to check the history of the country you are living in. Check the histories of the countries a lot of are policies are based on while you are at it. "if you live in an area that cannot give you the standard of living you want it is not societies responsibility to provide it" Those who failed history are doomed to repeat it.

That's your opinion.

your darn right its my opinion. Or do you think the government should take away that too.

So you are entitled to your entitlements. No wonder you support the liberal party.

Yes, I am. I voted Conservative last election, and I will again.

And no they aren't entitled, they should have some damn gratitude for the gift they receive.

You should be grateful for the opportunity to live in a society that allows you to do so well. You aren't, so I don't think they should have to be grateful to you either.