Kenney Pulls Gay Rights from Citizenship Guide

Name me ONE "special right" that gays have...meaning one that you don't.

You are claiming they have MORE than one ("rights"...plural)...but I'll settle for just one.

Ok...go.

They don't have any yet so I don't understand why the keep qq'ing now.

What do they want now that they don't have already?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps for people like you to stop implying that they aren't normal?

Normal means straight. There are far more straight people then gays. Therefore being straight is far more the "norm" of society.

If everyone were gay human beings would become extinct.

And again, you prove my point. Gays and lesbians want to be treated like equal human beings.

Yes, they are treated the same as me or anyone else. We don't have thought police here in Canada yet so people are still free to believe as they wish. So I don't understand what you're getting at. Homosexuals are by far the minority therefore being straight by default is the norm for society.

Homosexuals are by far the minority therefore being straight by default is the norm for society.

The norm, and normal are different things. Yes, most people are straight, but homosexuality is a reality of nature, making it normal. Sometimes, it would be helpful if you would police your own thoughts...or at least filter them.

The norm, and normal are different things. Yes, most people are straight, but homosexuality is a reality of nature, making it normal. Sometimes, it would be helpful if you would police your own thoughts...or at least filter them.

Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice.

Mr. Kenney did the right thing. I don't see the point of having this information included in a study guide. Ones sexuality is a personal choice. Is there a section on sexual relations for normal stright people? No there isn't. This is just another ploy by the perpetual victim class who must whine about something. They are always victims of something or other.

They don't have any yet so I don't understand why the keep qq'ing now.

What do they want now that they don't have already?

What are you trying to say?

You just informed us that they want "special rights"...but you can't inform us just what these "special rights" are?

Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice.

So is voting Conservative...also a minority, and so (according to you) "out of the norm." And yet I don't begrudge you equal rights. I completely support it, in fact.

The norm, and normal are different things. Yes, most people are straight, but homosexuality is a reality of nature, making it normal.

Yes, of course. But, what "gay rights" boils down to is the right to freely choose a particular sexual label to live under and adhere to the tenets of that subset of society without negative consequence. That option is permitted in Canada, certainly; however, as someone else pointed out, Canada is not unique among western nations in this regard. The only reason I've seen put forward so far to condemn the omission of "gay rights" from the booklet has been that Canada accepts immigrants from countries where the predominant society does not permit as much deviance from strict heterosexuality as we do, and these newcomers should be made aware of this.

I would say a comment was warranted about Canadian culture accommodating a wide variety of sexual orientations, rather than anything that too-specifically focused on one societal sub-subdivision. Still, this all seems like far too big a tempest for a tiny teacup.

I do love how gay haters try so cleverly to hide their bigotry.

My brother is gay, I know tons of gays and have no problem, I just don't believe in special rights for people .I am not suffering from PCism, so I am allowed to say what I think. But it seems with you , you need to throw out a insult. Allow your self to think freely you might enjoy it, instead of thinking the way the PC police WANT you to think.

My brother is gay, I know tons of gays and have no problem, I just don't believe in special rights for people .I am not suffering from PCism, so I am allowed to say what I think. But it seems with you , you need to throw out a insult. Allow your self to think freely you might enjoy it, instead of thinking the way the PC police WANT you to think.

What "special rights" are you talking about?

Ask yourself, why should one particular small group get recognition? Why not mention polygamous peoples rights or transexuals rights? Are we all equal or are some more equal than others?

Polygamy will be a rising debate; so far, 70% of Canadians don't support it, as they do same sex marriage. (You non-suppoters seem to be in a rapidly shrinking minority--thank godzilla.)

Transexual rights are increasingly becoming included, as a matter of course, in gay rights.

You still haven't explained what their "special rights" are, exactly.

You must be one of the gay-mongerers immigrants should be informed of.

good of you to see the light - to come around... unfortunately Conservative Immigration Jason Kenney is not as open-minded as you. It reads like you may have an inside track - could you please have a talk with Mr. Kenney and provide your new found enlightenment to him.