High Ranking Canadian Military Man.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, if any of his acts in the past were covered up due to his rank and position, then we have a problem.

MAybe Goldstome is free to do a fact finding mission, whose results of course would not be up to any legal standard.

I'm sure there are people in Gaza willing to testify.

Yes I do if they're expected to do what soldiers do. Are you telling me they don't do this already?

One question are Murder and rape within the genva convention, have we a rubber stamp that we smack each soldier as he gets on the plane for overseas "cleared for rape and murder" no we don't it's not tolerated at all...This guy drove planes for a living....and would not have been subjected to any "ARMY traing" with exception of waving goodbye as we exited the ramp, or during his escape and evasion training...

A former navy sailor I know, recently told me that the people with the highest rates of PTSD these days are the operators of Predator drones thousands of miles away from the horror of all the death and killing. Conventional wisdom seems to suggest war by wire should be the least stressful but apparently it isn't. Perhaps simply issuing from a distance, the orders to kill people, is no less stressful than pulling the trigger or pushing a button yourself.

Your wrong here, operators of drones get to see one piece of the battle, in a black and white image, or hazed green, Grunts on the ground get the full screen color addition...in slow mo...ankles deep in what ever those drones happened to turn into pink mist....and while i'm not saying some airforce wienie drinking fresh hortins from just outside a nice safe base in Canada is not stressed or can get stressed....what i'm saying is you can not compare the 2....giving orders to kill anyone is stressfull, give that order and assist in it being carried out that is where the rubbber hits the road....Pulling that trigger is the most important decision of your entire life...it is you and you alone that will carry that for the rest of your life, every time you close your eyes they are going to be there like some cheap b movie....and while the guy who may of ordered it happen may say he feels your pain...he's full of shit...it's not the same...

Reading a story about him, they said he spent time at our secret base in the middle east, I guess it is not a secret now ,but any idea where that would be,we did stay at qatar during the gulf war.

Do you read any of your posts....just curious first you quote on read about our secret airbase in the middle east ....then say it's not secret any more....then ask where is it....nobody knows those two guys in black suits and sun glasses show up just before take off with them they're fance bick pens with the shinney caps...all i remember is smile....and poof...you wake up in the middle of the atlantic, croaking a smoke and a good stiff drink....shit, even the stewardess is wearing green...can't seem to catch a break...

I read though some of these posts and can only shake my head, how quick we are to piont out blame with our twisted fingers , spitel flying from our mouths....But it is our national past time, better than a hockey game (for some) always looking to blame some nation, groups , or individual for our problems...

It's hard to accept just the facts that this accused is Canadian, one of us , and will always be Canadian just like us...Yes he was in the Military, had been for years had an accomplished carear up until now, recruited out of the masses of other Canadians, once again making him one of us...does that make the crime any worse than it is, would it have been different had he been a construction worker, plumber, doctor, lawyer...No, the crime would have been just as hideous...

How policitics even plays in this entire shit show is beyond me, do we do that with every criminal ask them their voting status and then hang that on that party to wear as a badge of dishonor...does it even play a role in the this shit show....was he hearing hapers vioce in his head,"kill for the conservative party"

Security clearences, anyone have one done....It's a series of questions into your back ground history, and then those same questions are asked of the references you've named, and other sources are checked as they come up...if this guy could keep this from his wife, who he lives with 24 and 7 then odds are he'd be able to keep it from everyone else...i'm just guessing....

No one will know what made this guy snap, if we had those answers we'd be crime free would we not...what we do know is he has been charged....him and him alone...not Harper, not the conservatives, Liberals, or NDP, or the military just him...Sorry to undress the parade...pack away the confetty, the banners...

like Khadr I like to assume he's innocent until he's had trial...

Your not comparing the too are you ? ....A murderer and rapist to a terrorist....

everyone is innocent until convicted...

an adult that had free will and a child with none..

a terrorist is the the opponents freedom fighter...

a terrorist/freedom fighter has morals/ethics, a murderer/rapist does not...

everyone is innocent until convicted...
True enough.
a terrorist is the the opponents freedom fighter...

No a freedom fighter that engages in terrorist activities is still a terrorist

Oh please explain, how a terrorist has morals? ethics...would you say cutting off a young girls hands is having morals and ethics...would you say killing her father in front of her was having moral or ethics...would you say skinning a man alive , leavehim to bake in the sun is having morals and ethics....

or are you just saying they have them. and have not explained them yet....

As for morals and ethics of a murder i'm not going to even try. i, like you have no time for them....unlike you i have no time for terrorist either....

Yes he was in the Military, had been for years had an accomplished carear up until now, recruited out of the masses of other Canadians, once again making him one of us...does that make the crime any worse than it is, would it have been different had he been a construction worker, plumber, doctor, lawyer...No, the crime would have been just as hideous...

But not as inexplicable. You can be a jerk, a creep, a bastard, and still be a construction worker, or doctor or lawyer. None of these people are suppoedly constantly evaluated by others as to their personality traits of leadership, honor, fairness and intelligence. A colonel in the air force IS. He worked closely with many people, and it's hard to believe that somewhere along the lines he didn't give a sign as to what he was. Did those who worked with him like him, admire him, or think he was a miserable, control freak with a fierce temper? What was his record towards women under his command? He murdered a flight steward. How did he treat other female flight stewards when he was flying a plane? Did they try to avoid flying with him? Was something overlooked, ignored because he was an officer? We'll have to wait and see. Maybe, somehow or other, he never gave any sign of the violence and hate inside him, but that's hard to believe.

And no, this is not like a construction worker. This is the frigging base commander. As someone said on one of the newscasts, it's like the police wind up arresting the mayor as a serial killer. And where does that ever happen outside bad television?

Guest American Woman

Please explain to me what morals and ethics terrorists who target, plan, purposely kill, and celebrate the death of innocent civilians, including these children, have.

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman
But not as inexplicable. You can be a jerk, a creep, a bastard, and still be a construction worker, or doctor or lawyer. None of these people are suppoedly constantly evaluated by others as to their personality traits of leadership, honor, fairness and intelligence. A colonel in the air force IS. He worked closely with many people, and it's hard to believe that somewhere along the lines he didn't give a sign as to what he was. Did those who worked with him like him, admire him, or think he was a miserable, control freak with a fierce temper? What was his record towards women under his command? He murdered a flight steward. How did he treat other female flight stewards when he was flying a plane? Did they try to avoid flying with him? Was something overlooked, ignored because he was an officer? We'll have to wait and see. Maybe, somehow or other, he never gave any sign of the violence and hate inside him, but that's hard to believe.

I agree totally with Army Guy.

As an exapmle, here's one convicted serial killer that shocked all who knew him:

To everyone who met him, John Wayne Gacy seemed a likable and affable man. He was widely respected in the community, charming and easy to get along with. He was a good Catholic and sharp businessman who, when not running his construction company was active in the Jaycees and was also a Democratic Party precinct captain, when he had his photo taken with then First Lady, Rosalynn Carter. He also spent much of his free time hosting elaborate street parties for his friends and neighbors, serving in community groups and entertaining children as "Pogo the Clown". He was a generous, hard working, friendly, devoted family man, everyone knew that -- but that was the side of John Wayne Gacy that he allowed people to see. link

He even was in such a position as to have had his picture taken with the First Lady. And no one suspected a thing. He was loved and respected.

He was convicted of the torture, rape and murder of 33 males between 1972 and 1978, when he was arrested.

Edited by American Woman

And no, this is not like a construction worker. This is the frigging base commander. As someone said on one of the newscasts, it's like the police wind up arresting the mayor as a serial killer. And where does that ever happen outside bad television?

Now stories are flying around and one I heard was a girl that was attacked ,said she reconized him from his vioce 5-6 months ago ,but it did not go anywhere.Just a rumour,who knows.

I agree totally with Army Guy.

As an exapmle, here's one convicted serial killer that shocked all who knew him:

It's possible. It's just no likely. Gacy was a construction company owner. Nothing says you can't be a mean, nasty boss and not still be a construction company owner. More importantly, no one, who supposedly is able to judge people, was watching and evaluating him during his entire career to judge what kind of a man he was. Being an Air Force officer is not like being a construction worker or owner. You get much closer to far more people and I find it hard to believe a guy as undisciplined as this, as arrogant as this, didn't leave signs. He didn't just "snap". You don't snap over the course of many months.

Maybe he was just a very, very clever psychotic who fooled everyone, who knew how to act and obey the rules when he could be caught. But I wouldn't be surprised to find that, as with the Muslim Major in the US, signs were there but ignored.

Then I guess you'd better move to Antarctica or Mars...

They're not here. You think the politicians have their fingers on the selection of directors and DGs? They could care less.

Edited by dizzy

No a freedom fighter that engages in terrorist activities is still a terrorist

Oh please explain, how a terrorist has morals? ethics...would you say cutting off a young girls hands is having morals and ethics...would you say killing her father in front of her was having moral or ethics...would you say skinning a man alive , leavehim to bake in the sun is having morals and ethics....

or are you just saying they have them. and have not explained them yet....

As for morals and ethics of a murder i'm not going to even try. i, like you have no time for them....unlike you i have no time for terrorist either....

how can you compare morality? who is right and who is wrong, some think our culture is debased and immoral because our women run around half naked, have sex on video, not long ago homosexuals were imprisoned for their sexuality...american troops have been found guilty of rapes, tortures and murders how are we more moral?

how is firing a missile into a village in order to kill a AQ leader and killing dozens of innocents as collateral damage not terrorism?

morality like history is written by the dominant power...

William Calley-My Lai...6 months house arrest and republicans everywhere celebrated...

Three and a half years house arrest. But given that Vietnam was a democrfatic party war, the other part of your post is just a lame slur.

Reading a story about him, they said he spent time at our secret base in the middle east, I guess it is not a secret now ,but any idea where that would be,we did stay at qatar during the gulf war.

Anyone who's been to mirage isn't going to buy the argument (if he tries) that serving there gave him PTSD.

Guest American Woman

William Calley-My Lai...6 months house arrest and republicans everywhere celebrated...

Republicans everywhere, eh? I'll ask you for verification of that .... after you explain how it has anything whatsoever to do with the question I asked. I'll repeat it for you here: Please explain to me what morals and ethics terrorists who target, plan, purposely kill, and celebrate the death of innocent civilians, including these children, have.

If you once again give no answer, I'll have to assume that you have none.

how can you compare morality? who is right and who is wrong, some think our culture is debased and immoral because our women run around half naked, have sex on video, not long ago homosexuals were imprisoned for their sexuality...american troops have been found guilty of rapes, tortures and murders how are we more moral?

how is firing a missile into a village in order to kill a AQ leader and killing dozens of innocents as collateral damage not terrorism?

morality like history is written by the dominant power...

All people live with a moral code, even criminals. But only moral relativists think this means we can't judge certain moral codes as inferior.