Palin Races for Bottom in Amazing Display of Hypocrisy

Okay, I tried defending Palin but it didn't work out. She descended to a miserable depth of hypocrisy by defending Rush Limbaugh's use of the word "retarded."

Like Shady, she's another one of those "it's okay for Republicans, but not Democrats" wackjob partisan hypocrites.

I sympathized with the idea of her defending her son against those who would use condescending slurs to demean him. But it looks more like she's using her son as an excuse to make partisan attacks.

Sad.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......she's another one of those "it's okay for Republicans, but not Democrats" wackjob partisan hypocrites. I sympathized with the idea of her defending her son against those who would use condescending slurs to demean him. But it looks more like she's using her son as an excuse to make partisan attacks.Sad.
I agree with you but no need to bring Shady into this personally. Just because Palin seems to be a creep doesn't mean Shady is.

So would you use the word "nigger" yourself?

That might have more to do with how much flack you would face over saying "nigger". Even when discussing the term itself on television journalists will not say it but refer to it as the "N" word. I don't think this is because it's any worse, but because of the backlash you would receive for it.

But yeah I think Palin was out of line calling for him to be fired over it. Just playing the game for political advantage perhaps. I dunno.

Okay, I tried defending Palin but it didn't work out. She descended to a miserable depth of hypocrisy by defending Rush Limbaugh's use of the word "retarded."

No she didn't. You're being as usual, completely disingenuous. Rush Limbaugh used the term retarded when discussing what Emanuel said. That would be like me being accused of saying negro dialect, because I posted the story of Harry Reid saying negro dialect. Pathetic.

Guest American Woman

Rush Limbaugh used the term retarded when discussing what Emanuel said. That would be like me being accused of saying negro dialect, because I posted the story of Harry Reid saying negro dialect. Pathetic.

This is what Limbaugh said:

“Our political correct society is acting like some giant insult’s taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards.”

I would say he's insulting Palin there, since she's the one who thought some giant insult took place when Emanuel used the term. Limbaugh is basically saying 'what's the big deal if he called them retards? Because they are.'

But Limbaugh's a republican, so apparently that makes it witty.

Edited by American Woman

No she didn't. You're being as usual, completely disingenuous. Rush Limbaugh used the term retarded when discussing what Emanuel said. That would be like me being accused of saying negro dialect, because I posted the story of Harry Reid saying negro dialect. Pathetic.

Speaking of pathetic, you're lying. Limbaugh said "Liberals are retards." Spin that however you like. I'll enjoy the show.

This is what Limbaugh said:

“Our political correct society is acting like some giant insult’s taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards.”

I would say he's insulting Palin there, since she's the one who thought some giant insult took place when Emanuel used the term. Limbaugh is basically saying 'what's the big deal if he called them retards? Because they are.'

Exactly my point in thie opening post.

Speaking of pathetic, you're lying. Limbaugh said "Liberals are retards." Spin that however you like. I'll enjoy the show.

LOL. It was all in the context of the Rahm Emanuel situation. Are you guys that obtuse as to not recognize when somebody is purposely saying something to mock and ridicule? :rolleyes:

Wow. :blink:

LOL. It was all in the context of the Rahm Emanuel situation. Are you guys that obtuse as to not recognize when somebody is purposely saying something to mock and ridicule? :rolleyes:

Oh, right. Palin defended it as "satire."

So, chalk up another point for Palin's cluelessness.

Unfortunately for her and for those who support her, "satire" is an actual word, with an actual denotation that can be found out...if one so chooses to investigate it.

Guest American Woman

Limbaugh was mocking and ridiculing, alright. He was mocking and ridiculing those who were "acting like some giant insult’s taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards." And that would include Palin, as she was definitely "acting like some giant insult had taken place," but since it was a Republican, it's witty.

Listening to her stutter and stammer when asked about it was almost worth her hypocrisy.

As I've said, people are getting a good look at who she really is now, and I'm guessing her fan-base now consists only of those who parrot her every view.

Guest TrueMetis

We all know that he was mocking and ridiculing Rahm Emanuel. It's just that you and your ilk can't be intellectually honest about it. Shame on all of you.

The irony of Shady telling someone they can't be intellectually honest. :lol:

Even though he still has that quote mine in his sig. :lol:

Edited by TrueMetis

We all know that he was mocking and ridiculing Rahm Emanuel. It's just that you and your ilk can't be intellectually honest about it. Shame on all of you.

Who is being intellectually dishonest? Check out Limbaugh's words:

"Our political correct society is acting like some giant insult’s taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards. I mean these people, these liberal activists are kooks.

He'sa not mocking Rahm Emanuel. He's agreeing with him.

Guest American Woman
Who is being intellectually dishonest? Check out Limbaugh's words:

There are some people who don't want to know the truth, so they'll never "see" it, no matter how obvious it is; and by that, I mean they'll never admit it, even to themselves. If they don't admit it, if they pretend otherwise, then it's still they way they want it to be in their 'reality.'

There are some people who don't want to know the truth, so they'll never "see" it, no matter how obvious it is; and by that, I mean they'll never admit it, even to themselves. If they don't admit it, if they pretend otherwise, then it's still they way they want it to be in their 'reality.'

Absolutely. Rarely is this phenomenon more evident than in politics. That's why a smart person will accept the basic premise that he or she could be wrong about something, and admits it when it becomes too clear to ignore.

Nope. If you don't listen to Rush Limbaugh on a regular basis, you just won't get it. Don't read what he said, listen to what he said and how he said it. Listen to the actual audio. That goes for all of you. You're all clueless. You don't or never listen to Rush Limbaugh. You don't know the type of humor and satire he uses on a regular basis. You've never heard of his self-described "media tweak of the day", which he does each and every program. You all have no idea what you're talking about.

Oh, and it looks as though Palin has been completely consistent. She single out Emanuel, who is a public official, but hasn't singled out private citizens. Stephen Colbert called Palin a f*****g retard last week, in what was a pretty funny dialogue. However, she hasn't asked for any type of apology from him.

I expect an apology from each of you following my post.