Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

Shady

There is a big difference between 13KM below sea level and 13KM below ocean floor. So despite your vague reply to my question, I'm assuming that you are admitting that you made an error when you said 13KM below the ocean floor.

Deepest point on earth, just over 11 KM. Earthquakes do not happen in water so yes it would be below the ocean floor.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deepest point on earth, just over 11 KM. Earthquakes do not happen in water so yes it would be below the ocean floor.

Indeed.

It's just wishful thinking on some posters part that Mr Chavez...a hero to some folks...is right about the evil Americans nuking poor Haiti. So fantastic scenarios where US Navy submarines (or in naiomi's case: Israeli subs) dive to incredible/impossible depths to deploy mysterious 'smokeless' nuclear weapons is a reality in their brains.

Poor old Chavez is really losing it. It's one thing to engage in controversial rhetoric. That's normal. It's one thing to engage in an overeach of powers: leaders wish for this in every country, including our own. It's quite another thing to insist that you are clinically insane. Soon enough, everyone will be forced to agree with Chavez's implied self-assessment.

Indeed.

It's just wishful thinking on some posters part that Mr Chavez...a hero to some folks...is right about the evil Americans nuking poor Haiti. So fantastic scenarios where US Navy submarines (or in naiomi's case: Israeli subs)

What are you babbling about? Israeli subs?

Can you make one post without making something up? What is wrong with you?

:lol::lol:

You claimed the oceans were deeper than 13km.

I don't know how deep the ocean is where the earthquake happened, but oceans can become quite deep. Well over 13km deep. There are submarines that can go well below 13KM below sea level.

You also harbour doubts that it was an earthquake...

It is most likely just an earthquake.

...which tells me you actually listen to piles of shit like Chavez...and take it hook line and sinker @ times.

Tell me: are the Moon Landings fake?

Go back to your Jew bashing threads.

You also harbour doubts that it was an earthquake...

What I did was to correct you when you said the earthquake happened 13km below the ocean floor. It didn't. It happened 13KM below sea level (which does not mean it has to happen in the ocean - even though as according to previous information it was, as you pointed out)

...which tells me you actually listen to piles of shit like Chavez...and take it hook line and sinker @ times.

How do you process things in your head? When I say 'it is most likely an earthquake', it means that I agree with Chavez that it was a US nuclear bomb?

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

What I did was to correct you when you said the earthquake happened 13km below the ocean floor. It didn't. It happened 13KM below sea level (which does not mean it has to happen in the ocean - even though as according to previous information it was, as you pointed out)

As Wiber had to point out to you, earthquakes don't happen in water.

How do you process things in your head? When I say 'it is most likely an earthquake', it means that I agree with Chavez that it was a US nuclear bomb?

It was a 7.0 mag earthquake. You're the one with doubts. You'd love it if Chavez was right. Better yet if "Zionists" were somehow behind the dirty deed. Don't be so coy.

naiomiglover: It is most likely just an earthquake.

:lol:

You are an imbecile.

Name calling. Gee, that'll show me, eh?

Go back to your Jew bashing threads.
Edited by DogOnPorch

• 2 weeks later...

Y'know, I hate to admit but it is possible. Canada was actually hit by an earthquake induced by nuclear weaponry back in the 1950's (Yes, it actually happened.)

Every underground nuclear bomb creates an earthquake. An Oceanic nuke placed on a fault line would have most of the radioactive signature absorb and then quickly dissipate into the ocean.

Some of the more notable earthquakes induced by nuclear explosion:

Russia Tsar Bomb (open air) 7.1

North Korea (underground) 4.2

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=M1ARTM0012035

http://ansard.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/earthquake-and-nuclear-tests.pdf

I am totally disheartened at the level of research, and the protective bubble that Canadian schoolkids are put under nowadays.

I am totally disheartened at the level of research, and the protective bubble that Canadian schoolkids are put under nowadays.

Me as well. We talked about bombs causing earthquakes back on page 2. I guess you didn't read it. The flap on your bubble must have been closed.

Every underground nuclear bomb creates an earthquake. An Oceanic nuke placed on a fault line would have most of the radioactive signature absorb and then quickly dissipate into the ocean.

The trouble with your theory that the Americans 'did it' via some mysterious submarine is that it was 13km down and centred on land. Also, the 'radioactive signature' would be VERY evident. But, I know how much some folks...perhaps yourself even...want to blame this earthquake on the Americans (or the Zionists if you're naiomiglover :D ).

Y'know, I hate to admit but it is possible. Canada was actually hit by an earthquake induced by nuclear weaponry back in the 1950's (Yes, it actually happened.)

That was no nuclear explosion. Just a conventional explosion.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Russia Today: Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez has once again accused the United States of playing God. But this time it's Haiti's disastrous earthquake that he thinks the U.S. was behind. Spanish newspaper ABC quotes Chavez as saying that the U.S. navy launched a weapon capable of inducing a powerful earthquake off the shore of Haiti. He adds that this time it was only a drill and the final target is ... destroying and taking over Iran.

Link

Quick Hugobots, defend your hero! :lol:

Wow, tough one.

I don't know what kind of defense I can come up with, to defend against unsubstantiated allegations by a Russian media source.

Reliable outlets seem to suggest that this 'view' was put up on a website that is associated with the government and then quickly taken down.

It's a pretty big stretch to suggest that Chavez claims that a US weapon test caused the earthquake.

It's hardly a huge surprise that Western media is doing their best to spin this.

Guest American Woman
I don't know what kind of defense I can come up with, to defend against unsubstantiated allegations by a Russian media source.

Reliable outlets seem to suggest that this 'view' was put up on a website that is associated with the government and then quickly taken down.

It's a pretty big stretch to suggest that Chavez claims that a US weapon test caused the earthquake.

It's hardly a huge surprise that Western media is doing their best to spin this.

Is it unsubstantiated?

Spanish newspaper ABC quotes Chavez as saying that the U.S. navy launched a weapon capable of inducing a powerful earthquake off the shore of Haiti. link

Is it unsubstantiated?

Spanish newspaper ABC quotes Chavez as saying that the U.S. navy launched a weapon capable of inducing a powerful earthquake off the shore of Haiti. link

Watch the video. They don't have footage of Chavez stating this.

All they have is Chavez speaking in the background, hoping to dupe non-Spanish speakers into thinking that he is discussing the US being responsible for the Earthquake.

This could be a case study, on how biased Western media is against Hugo Chavez is and how stupid Westerners are to quickly believe every negative thing said against him.

Here is what really happened:

http://theantipress.blogspot.com/2010/01/truth-over-ideological-delusion-hugo.html

1) An opinion post is made on an obscure government-affiliated site.

2) Spanish newspaper ABC makes a story stating that Chavez accuses the US of causing earthquake (with reference to VIVE)

3) The Western media all salivate over the story and publish it as fast as they can.

4) The anti-Chavez sheep quickly believe it as the truth and make internet posts about Chavez' latest claim.

So, to answer your question, Yes, it is unsubstantiated.

FFS, learn how to question the media, and read a little deeper.

Did you also assume that Israel had was harvesting bodies for parts? Or did you stop and dig a little deeper?

Edited by KeyStone

Guest American Woman
So, to answer your question, Yes, it is unsubstantiated.

FFS, learn how to question the media, and read a little deeper.

Did you also assume that Israel had was harvesting bodies for parts? Or did you stop and dig a little deeper?

I never said that I believed Chavez said a U.S. weapon test caused the Haiti earthquake. I simply asked if the story was unsubstantiated, and apparently it was. So thank you for answering my question. You might not want to be so quick to make assumptions and jump all over people in the future; kind of ironic in light of your criticism of how quick westerners are to believe anything negative about Chavez. ;)

I never said that I believed Chavez said a U.S. weapon test caused the Haiti earthquake. I simply asked if the story was unsubstantiated, and apparently it was. So thank you for answering my question. You might not want to be so quick to make assumptions and jump all over people in the future; kind of ironic in light of your criticism of how quick westerners are to believe anything negative about Chavez. ;)

Well, you can play semantics all you like.

But generally, when you ask if it is unsubstantiated, and then post a video with a 'source', it's more than reasonable to deduce that you were offering up this source, as proof of it being substantiated.

Guest American Woman
Well, you can play semantics all you like.

But generally, when you ask if it is unsubstantiated, and then post a video with a 'source', it's more than reasonable to deduce that you were offering up this source, as proof of it being substantiated.

If I were offering it up as proof that it was substantiated, I would have said: 'It is substantiated, here's a source to prove it.' But I didn't do that, did I? I asked the question because I didn't know.

Again, I find it ironic that someone who criticizes others for being 'so quick to believe something negative' is so quick to believe something negative about me. <_<

If I were offering it up as proof that it was substantiated, I would have said: 'It is substantiated, here's a source to prove it.' But I didn't do that, did I? I asked the question because I didn't know.

Again, I find it ironic that someone who criticizes others for being 'so quick to believe something negative' is so quick to believe something negative about me. <_<

Hey, we all know Chavez would never say anything crazy or weird re: America.

Guest American Woman

Hey, we all know Chavez would never say anything crazy or weird re: America.

:D

He wouldn't be the first to say something weird or crazy about a catastrophe, either, considering some of the whacko comments that have been made about 9-11 and homosexuals and Jews not being in the building, etc, and I believe homosexuality was said to have caused Katrina, too, and the earthquake in Haiti was due to some pact with the Devil, or some such thing; but evidently if anyone even questioned whether Chavez said the U.S. was to blame, it's grounds to attack them, their intellect, and all their beliefs.

Damn westerners! A rotten lot, the whole bunch.

Russia Today: Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez has once again accused the United States of playing God. But this time it's Haiti's disastrous earthquake that he thinks the U.S. was behind. Spanish newspaper ABC quotes Chavez as saying that the U.S. navy launched a weapon capable of inducing a powerful earthquake off the shore of Haiti. He adds that this time it was only a drill and the final target is ... destroying and taking over Iran.

Link

Quick Hugobots, defend your hero! :lol:

This isn't far fetched there are real weather machines, microwave transmitters capapable of sending audible messages around the world and teleportion of energy and particles in existence.

Siesmic shockwave creators and plate shifters aren't a stretch of the imagination.

If you don't beleive me research it a little.. its real.

Edited by William Ashley

:D

He wouldn't be the first to say something weird or crazy about a catastrophe, either, considering some of the whacko comments that have been made about 9-11 and homosexuals and Jews not being in the building, etc, and I believe homosexuality was said to have caused Katrina, too, and the earthquake in Haiti was due to some pact with the Devil, or some such thing; but evidently if anyone even questioned whether Chavez said the U.S. was to blame, it's grounds to attack them, their intellect, and all their beliefs.

Damn westerners! A rotten lot, the whole bunch.

???

But Chavez didn't say 9-11 was about homosexuals: Americans said that. He didn't say Jews weren't in the building, either, though some conspiracy theorists and some anti-semites have said that. Katrina and homosexuals?: Americans said that.

I agree with you that Chavez has made some remarks, ranging from unstatesmanlike to provocative to downright bizarre.

But to say "He's the type who WOULD say such-and-such"--when he DIDN'T--seems a little unreasonable.

Edited by bloodyminded

Guest American Woman

???

But Chavez didn't say 9-11 was about homosexuals: Americans said that. He didn't say Jews weren't in the building, either, though some conspiracy theorists and some anti-semites have said that. Katrina and homosexuals?: Americans said that.

I agree with you that Chavez has made some remarks, ranging from unstatesmanlike to provocative to downright bizarre.

But to say "He's the type who WOULD say such-and-such"--when he DIDN'T--seems a little unreasonable.

Here's what I said: in light of all the weird things that have been said about catastrophes, and in light of the fact that Chavez has said some "downright bizarre" things, it's understandable that some would have believed the initial reports.