BUSH tax cuts cost 2x health care reform

Wrong about what? Any idiot can pick a period in US history and declare victory concerning the impact of tariffs and taxes.

Doesn't mean any idiot will be correct.

How's the weather up there?

Do you need a hug after I pointed out during WW2 there was a marginal income tax? Want me to rock to sleep? It will be ok.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ugly of a flat tax is it punishes the poor and working class. No matter how much the rich think they give to society, the driving forces is the working class. You punish them you better just kiss your country good bye. Remember the 30s? No what happened then? Well in the 20s they cut taxes to nothing and all they got was the great depression.

How does a flat tax punish the poor and working class? They are charged at the same rate, not the same amount of dollars. The rich provide an environment for the working class to work in. Not everyone can work for the state (well maybe in the USSR, but that didn't work out too well).

I'm pretty sure lower taxes did not cause the great depression.

My link

How does a flat tax punish the poor and working class? They are charged at the same rate, not the same amount of dollars. The rich provide an environment for the working class to work in. Not everyone can work for the state (well maybe in the USSR, but that didn't work out too well).

I'm pretty sure lower taxes did not cause the great depression.

My link

It punishes them because they either have to bear the brunt of less services, or higher rate. The tax reduction from the highest earners has to be paid for somehow.

Sure they do....see US Constitution.

Nope....the lesson of the USSR is don't fight a war with the USA's economy.

Ha ha - great economy you have - Obama gives the super rich billions of dollars then pretends to be mad at them for using the cash as personal bonus money. He threatens and postures as if he is a responsible and honest man...He should have made the noise before he handed over the cash...what's the point now - the robbers have the cash and no way in hell are they ever going to give it back - Obama knows that and he also knows that he must put on a show to the public that he is a man of purity and hounour...as for fighting a war with the USA's economy - don't need to..They are at war with their own people - once the people figure out that the whole economy is one sided and corrupt, all hell will break loose. Bernackie saves the world? That is the is as big a joke as Obama getting the peace prize.

Ha ha - great economy you have - Obama gives the super rich billions of dollars then pretends to be mad at them for using the cash as personal bonus money. He threatens and postures as if he is a responsible and honest man...He should have made the noise before he handed over the cash...what's the point now - the robbers have the cash and no way in hell are they ever going to give it back

They have already started to "give it back".....Wells Fargo and BofA just paid back their loans because they didn't like the restrictions on fat cat banker pay.

- Obama knows that and he also knows that he must put on a show to the public that he is a man of purity and hounour...as for fighting a war with the USA's economy - don't need to..They are at war with their own people - once the people figure out that the whole economy is one sided and corrupt, all hell will break loose. Bernackie saves the world? That is the is as big a joke as Obama getting the peace prize.

To hell with that....purity and honour are way overrated. Just ask Tiger Woods.

Since when was less services a bad thing?

Focus on the question that was asked before you move onto the next topic.

The question you asked was this:

How does a flat tax punish the poor and working class?

Now - did I answer your question ? If so, please acknowledge then I can move on to your next question.