2011, is Canadian military

Topaz

Harper has said that 2011, Canadian troops will no longer be on the front fighting but rather rebuilding. That is not how the US General sees it. He wants Canada to stay and will put US soldiers to fight along with the Canadians and he coming to Ottawa to change the minds of the politicans. He may find it easier fighting the Taliban then changing Canadians minds. http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/hand+Canada+larger+role+Afghanistan/2279392/story.html

Harper has said that 2011, Canadian troops will no longer be on the front fighting but rather rebuilding. That is not how the US General sees it. He wants Canada to stay and will put US soldiers to fight along with the Canadians and he coming to Ottawa to change the minds of the politicans. He may find it easier fighting the Taliban then changing Canadians minds. http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/hand+Canada+larger+role+Afghanistan/2279392/story.html

Canada is such a nice guy...he wants to "rebuild" - I doubt it very much if America wants to stimulate their private economy by sending in thousands of more troops that they will have re-building on their minds - We might just have to get out of the way and leave - don't want to get underfoot of the Yanks when they are waging war..might piss them off - we should cut and run - not from the Taliban but from the American surge..the war machine has to do what it does - and that is not rebuilding.

Before I sign off I believe I will declare peace - it's the least I can do.. :) People are getting tired of shooting other people....except for the local lunitic with no morals in my hood - who also has a crack habit - He just joined the military - and they EXCEPTED him - or should I say IT.....weird - this young man that I met once was the most vile creature that I have ever seen - but he made the grade - what does that tell you?> :lol:

What are the odds that Afghanistan becomes Iraq in fact as well as colloquialism by the time the yanks are finished?

I don't believe for one second that Obama Afghanistan-Pakistan will fare any better than Bush Iraq.

Get the F out now, while we still can.

Canada can get out anytime it wishes....the invasion and occupation of Iraq hardly depended on Canada.

What are the odds that Afghanistan becomes Iraq in fact as well as colloquialism by the time the yanks are finished?

I don't believe for one second that Obama Afghanistan-Pakistan will fare any better than Bush Iraq.

They don't want us out because someone is making a lot of money on this adventure. There is no moral reason to stay. There is no real threat by crazed bearded goat herders who will come to Toronto to blow us up - People on all sides of this thing are getting tired of the killing and lieing - in time the only persons that will go to operate the expensive weaponry are the idiots...Then they will attempt to draft our children - but that won't work...for God sake - WW2 had the sense to end - but this thing wants to go on for a hundrend years? THAT'S PURE EVIL....and I will say to the evil jerks out their - YOU ARE TO STUPID TO LIVE IN PEACE.

It doesn't really matter what the US thinks. I think the position of DND and the Government of Canada has become quite clear.

I agree...the final outcome in Afghanistan was never going to be determined by Canada anyway. Canada wanted to avoid Iraq at all costs in going to Afghanistan....be careful what you wish for.

I am having fun....flushing and filling coolant. Makes me think about napalm....smells like jellied gasoline.

Your such a jerk...you are funny...coolant hugh - I yanked the big AC - brand new power model - that daughter wanted it done before she breaks camp..hate to see this big loft go - it was kind of my little office....jellied gasoline - I often though about the chemist who put that to gether - If I could only get it to stick to the subject..my pops told my about the use of phosperous...made American napalm look like mothers milk...or was that taste like it...did I ever tell you the time that I.........................well I won't..remember was a kid when your dad filled up the car at the station ...smelled kind of neat..not as good as the the treats that he promised to bring back from the bar as we waited for him in the parking lot..nothing worse than a former Red Army captain wanting a drink..the prick...well better get out of here and get some supper...should have cleaned the AC before I store it...maybe later.

Did you capture the refrigerant and save the Earth, or let it piss away into the breeze? R-22, Puron, or R-134a? I have some black market R-12 in my garage.

You know the names of every last bit of naval weaponry. The names of all sorts of nasty things. You never cease to amaze me. Why did they not make you an admiral? HUGH? No the AC is a sealed unit - it's good to go..real monster of a machine - cooled the whole place pretty good_ I would say that the room is about twenty feet high..and pretty long - I would have loved this space for myself but it's too expensive..having said that...do you really have black market stuff in the garage? How come you don't have some white market stuff - as I go back to eating tuna out of the can - to lazy to make somthing - besides there is enough mercury in the Tuna to cure me from the pig flu.

I'm still confused as to why bleeding hearts are still screaming this. What good will be accomplished by a premature withdrawl?Nothing for the Afghans. They'll still be under siege by forces that kill women for the crime of getting an education. Us not being there won't change that only liken the possibility of another taliban government.

Maybe less Canadian soldiers will die and we'll spend less on our military budget. BUT this is a responsibility we accepted when we entered afghanistan. Though its to easy to forget this we fucked up the country and we have to unfuck it regardless of the cost. Withdraw now and that won't accomplish anything but placing the burden of our responsibility on our allies and pissing them off.

Guest TrueMetis

I'm still confused as to why bleeding hearts are still screaming this. What good will be accomplished by a premature withdrawl?Nothing for the Afghans. They'll still be under siege by forces that kill women for the crime of getting an education. Us not being there won't change that only liken the possibility of another taliban government.

Maybe less Canadian soldiers will die and we'll spend less on our military budget. BUT this is a responsibility we accepted when we entered afghanistan. Though its to easy to forget this we fucked up the country and we have to unfuck it regardless of the cost. Withdraw now and that won't accomplish anything but placing the burden of our responsibility on our allies and pissing them off.

And make all the deaths of the soldiers we've sent completely pointless.

Iraq is relatively quiet now. In 2007 the Coalition lost 971 men. Today the total for the year is 147 lost.

Hopefully Afghanistan will become like more like Iraq.

Speaking of Iraq....

Baghdad, Iraq (CNN) -- Fewer Iraqi civilians were killed in November as a result of war-related violence than in any other month since the U.S.-led invasion began nearly seven years ago, a CNN count of Iraqi government figures shows.

At least 88 Iraqi civilians were killed during the month, an Interior Ministry official said Tuesday -- a figure compiled from data from the ministries of Health, Defense and the Interior.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/12/01/iraq.casualties/index.html

The Surge which Obama opposed had a definate impact from day one. The Surge which Obama is dithering over for Afghanistan will also have a great positive effect, unfortunately, there is a rumour that Obama plans to end the war in 3 years, probably because he doesn't want to go into a re-election with a war on the table. I don't think the Taliban will be too quick to jump on Obama's electoral stragegy, except maybe to lie low and wait for December 2012.