Muslim group calls for ban on burqas in Canada

kimmy

Well Kwon seemed to be saying it would threaten others lives. The things you list mostly threaten the person doing it's life and I'm pretty sure most safety regulations now wouldn't let people do any of that while wearing a burka anyway.

Somebody driving a car while wearing a burqa would be a hazard to other people on the road.

-k

Guest TrueMetis
Somebody driving a car while wearing a burqa would be a hazard to other people on the road.

-k

Don't current laws make it illegal to wear something that will hamper your view?

I was thinking more about terrorists disguising themselves with burkas...

Then we'd have to ban ski masks and a dozen other things.

Edited by TrueMetis

• 2 weeks later...
Then we'd have to ban ski masks and a dozen other things.

When someone comes in to a convinience store in ski masks and beaner hats wearing a black haed to toe ski suit in middle of july, people will take notice and prepare themselves for what might or might not happen.

But when someone comes into a convinience store wearing all black, covering all the body parts except the eyes... the burka.. no one will suspect a robbery (thanks to the liberal brainwashing).

Also, it's a lot easier to hide a bomb underneath your burka as compared to underneath a ski mask...

Also, it's a lot easier to hide a bomb underneath your burka as compared to underneath a ski mask...

A bomb? You could hide six midgets and a rocket launcher under those things.

I understand American soldiers refer to Afghani women as UMOs. (Unidentified Moving Object)

The Muslim Canadian Congress contends that the burqa is not required by Islam and is not a religious practice, so not protected by the freedom of religion.

It has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with sticking their finger in our eyes. Unfortunately the Muslim Canadian Congress here is aping an Egyptian law. I wish this was a trend towards moderation but it does not seem to be one.

The Muslim Canadian Congress is the group Tarek Fatah is associated with; he's a Muslim known for speaking out against Sharia law in Ontario, and against restrictive interpretations of Islam in general. Some Muslims pretty much hate the guy, and view him as a traitor... I recall one guy on Rabble saying that he and Irshad Manji are traitors who've figured out that the western press loves Muslims who beat down other Muslims. Tarek Fatah on one occasion made headlines when the RCMP investigated death-threats left on his answering machine by an angry conservative Muslim.

Don't get me going on Rabble. I was banned there for being too far to the left.

Personally, I think the world needs more Muslims like Fatah and Manji, people who show that modern secular society and Islam aren't incompatible. I just mention all of this because there are a number of Muslim groups in Canada, and I'm not sure how "legit" any of them are when it comes to viewing their comments as representative of the Muslim community as a whole.

Definitely more moderate Muslims are needed, even if Fatah isn't one of them.

Anyway, as much as I feel the burqa is ridiculous and retarded, I don't personally support a ban on it. I feel that someone should be free to walk around wearing a tent and a bag over her head, just as I feel that someone should be free to walk around wearing a chicken-suit if they so desire.

Agreed. But not as RCMP officers.

Don't get me going on Rabble. I was banned there for being too far to the left.

Yeah...the mods tossed your azz before you could say Jack Robinson.

:lol:

Like you, I'd last about 2-3 posts before the rabb-tards were onto the iconoclast in their midst and got the hangin' rope set-up over yon tree branch.

Funny...you'd think they'd welcome a few folks to vent at; but, they seem perfectly alright agreeing with each other on each delicate issue.