Time to cut down immigration?

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/actio...p;r.t=RESOURCES

Proof is always in the pudding. In the UK they calculate vacation entitlement a different way. An employee is entitled to 5.6 weeks or 28 days of pay for their working efforts. This figure includes all stat holidays and other days. Here in Ontario you get ten stat holidays and the ESA minimum of ten days. Add it up that's twenty. The people of the UK get 8 more days!!!

8 more days!!!

That is like getting almost 4 weeks vacation plus Ontario's ten stat days.

As I have said, Canada is the land of the devils.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/actio...p;r.t=RESOURCES

Proof is always in the pudding. In the UK they calculate vacation entitlement a different way. An employee is entitled to 5.6 weeks or 28 days of pay for their working efforts. This figure includes all stat holidays and other days. Here in Ontario you get ten stat holidays and the ESA minimum of ten days. Add it up that's twenty. The people of the UK get 8 more days!!!

8 more days!!!

That is like getting almost 4 weeks vacation plus Ontario's ten stat days.

As I have said, Canada is the land of the devils.

I remember reading about a cop in France who has been off for years, he had all sorts of benefits, vactation days, paternity leave and a bunch of other stuff...nice if you can get it...

I remember reading about a cop in France who has been off for years, he had all sorts of benefits, vactation days, paternity leave and a bunch of other stuff...nice if you can get it...

Canada is resource wealthy. What kind of resources does the UK have?

Canadians have been getting shafted by the Conservatives and Liberals for way to long. People need to start demanding they get what our peers are getting in Europe or at least the $600 stimulus money paid out to the Americans which we didn't get one red cent of from the Canadian Government.

Being Canadian, means being exploited and cheated by the Government crats, politicians, and the man (corporation) all the while the conservative Gods inflict Noahs arc** on Canadians.

After the flood the people began building a tower to heaven. God didn't like that and to stop them God scattered the people around the world speaking many languages.

The Conservative and Liberal Gods didn't like a prosperous democratic Canada so they ruined Canadian Industry, Ran up the National Debt, and brought in mass amounts of immigrants who have all kinds of religious beliefs and speaks basic english. Doing this stripped Canadians of their democracy and distracted them with the inflicted anguish and stress of being displaced by these torrent of immigrants being pushed onto Canadian society.

Immigrants and Canadians alike need to stand up against the Corrupt Conservatives and Liberals. It's time to demand the Governments cut costs, ensure retail costs are on par with the US, and we get vacation time on par with the UK. It's not going to happen unless people begin mounting a direct attack on these politicians.

I get 6 weeks annual vacation and have 21 personal days. In addition I get 12 stats a year.

Good for you but those who get that are few and far between. I am merely pointing out that Canada is below the US in Wages and paying to much at retail. Canada is below the UK and France when it comes to mandatory paid time off. That is Canada's roots and who we have to strive to be on par with. Being below these countries shows what kind of Country Canada wants to be.

Guest TrueMetis
Good for you but those who get that are few and far between. I am merely pointing out that Canada is below the US in Wages and paying to much at retail. Canada is below the UK and France when it comes to mandatory paid time off. That is Canada's roots and who we have to strive to be on par with. Being below these countries shows what kind of Country Canada wants to be.

Ya fourth best country in the world.

I have to agree with the cut in immigration numbers there is not enough work or housing for them with out encroaching on the locals,I understand people have it bad in central Asia and middle east but that was where they were born so its just bad luck for them,they should work to improve their country not run away.

I have to agree with the cut in immigration numbers there is not enough work or housing for them with out encroaching on the locals,I understand people have it bad in central Asia and middle east but that was where they were born so its just bad luck for them,they should work to improve their country not run away.

are you willing to have our economy if not collapse come to a complete standstill?..who is going to pay for your pension plan? who is going to pay for your medicare...without immigrants we have zero growth, well actually less than zero without immigrants our population goes into decline...

are you willing to have our economy if not collapse come to a complete standstill?..who is going to pay for your pension plan? who is going to pay for your medicare...without immigrants we have zero growth, well actually less than zero without immigrants our population goes into decline...

Ship the whole damn works of you immigrants back to Europe and NA will be a better place to live in without all the over-grown-so-called adult whiners, running around whining about something they should be grateful for ;)

Ship the whole damn works of you immigrants back to Europe and NA will be a better place to live in without all the over-grown-so-called adult whiners, running around whining about something they should be grateful for ;)

I would gladly go back to Europe in a heartbeat. Will they send back all the immigrants out of Europe as well? If they would I'd be all for this plan.

Hyperbole, but anyways....

How is it a benefit to either Canada or immigrants to have people come here with degrees and work in low wage jobs because they can't get their education recognized?

Another thing, Dalton McGuinty said the other day that the next generation of Canadians will have to be 1.5 times more productive than the previous generation in order to pay for everything. Some immigrants have a hard time keeping up with the pace now let alone more. It'll be interesting to see how many of them will want to work that much harder to pay for your social programs.

There is another option: smaller government.

The people of the UK get 8 more days!!!
And I suppose you think that benefit comes with no cost like lost jobs? The fact is there is a surplus of labour in the world and the days of rediculous benefit packages are coming to an end. Within 20 years most people will be happy to get 2 weeks paid vacation because the alternative will be no job at all. Restricting immigration will do nothing to stop this because the jobs will be simply outsourced if it is too expensive to employ people here.

Once upon a time America/Britain used slavery.

In 1870 the Yankees introduced machinery to replace the need for slavery and still produce the needs to expand the US.

Since the 1950's big corporations began outsourcing production to overseas markets then importing those products to the US.

Up until the 1990's modern machinery kept America producing goods but the greed factor of the corporations crept in and they bagan tooling China, Mexico and all these other countries with advanced production machinery.

The corporation did this to get costs down all the while selling the goods to Americans at inflated prices.

Today the Evil Corporation & the Evil Canada and Conservative party Agenda is to import these workers from China, India, and wherever else to put the cherry on the sundae of decimating the enginuity of what use to be North America.

We gave china, india, and whatever other countries a purpose. It should be enough for them to sell their exports to North America. We don't need them coming over here and cloning Canadians and Americans alike and stripping Canadians and Americans of their rightful liberties.

If they come over here it better mean 28 Days of Stat holidays a Year. :D

If also better mean we are seeing monolithic endeavors undertaken such as a High speed Rail Connecting Windsor to Montreal. Your response is revealing. You will not be happy until Canadians are made economic slaves to your selfishness and greed.

All things being equal Canada has failed to grow itself in tandem with the US in the way of population and infrastructure. So out of desperation Canada is resorting to immigration as the solution. Sadly for Canada, it has turned into heightened ridicule from the US and ever increasing border security. The US is not impressed with Canada in the least and only keeps Canada strung along as long as it serves the US's interests. Aside from white drippings off the corner of Canada's mouth that is all they are needed for by the US. Canada had opportunity to show the world it could stand on its own two feet. Instead Canada has chosen to sell itself out and the future of Canada with it.

Not to worry, the US will continue to evolve and Canada can continue to ankle bite the US along the way. Just don't expect the tone of the US to be to congenial. When all is said and done on this current economic analysis it will be revealed the US orchestrated and played the world for a fool and will came out laughing. The laughing will also be at the Canadian simpletons.

Thanks for Coming out Canada, next...