Glee

M.Dancer

It's absolutely wonderfully fabulous

There, I've said it.

I caught about 2 minutes of this, and my thoughts are: "Kristin Chenoweth is in high school? WTF?"

Is that some kind of a "blonde" thing? Like, she's still in high school because she's failed 23 times and counting, or something like that? Because I have completely had it. This is just not even funny anymore. This means war, assholes.

-k

{ ;) }

I caught about 2 minutes of this, and my thoughts are: "Kristin Chenoweth is in high school? WTF?"

Is that some kind of a "blonde" thing? Like, she's still in high school because she's failed 23 times and counting, or something like that? Because I have completely had it. This is just not even funny anymore. This means war, assholes.

-k

{ ;) }

She got expelled for drinking, sex and drugs. But not till after delivering a great performance singing "I don't even know his last name".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTTgkBMj9Y4...feature=related

I'm not sure why singing and dancing is such a big deal nowadays, but I don't like it.

It's a good show but for the performances.

Singing and dancing have been a big deal ever since Thog put stone to log ....

For me the story (and the comedy) is part and parcel...and I like the absurdity of the impromptu dance number breaking out....it has a certain bollywoodesqueness about it.

Not the same but in the Bollywoood vein, I really enjoyed Bride and Prejudice.

• 2 weeks later...

-k

{ ;) }

Failing a grade can be hard on a kid. I know. Grade 8 was the toughest five years of my life :lol:

Guest American Woman
Watched the season premiere.

Glee=Yawn

Season premiere's of a new series aren't usually the greatest episodes because everyone/everything is just being introduced, so it's rather lacking in substance.

I'm watching the series at my daughter's suggestion, and I have to say we're both enjoying it. You have to appreciate it for what it is, and it's different, definitely not the typical sit-com humor, and I like that about it.

Has anyone seen the Australian series "Summer Heights High?" -- I think Glee has the same kind of humor, with song and dance added, which I like.

Guest American Woman
.... have they all turned into material worthy of Shakespeare?

It's most definitely not a "Shakespeare" kind of show. But a lot of good shows aren't, thank God :P , so your question really isn't relevant to they type of show it is.

So, does it now brim with substance? Several plot lines were laid out in Episode One, have they all turned into material worthy of Shakespeare?

Closer to Gilbert and Sullivan meets Kanya West and hoofs him in the wings

Has anyone seen the Australian series "Summer Heights High?" -- I think Glee has the same kind of humor, with song and dance added, which I like.

SHH has a very peculiarly Australian/British humour which most probably wouldn't get. And most of it is based on the absurdity of a man in his thirties playing the role of a schoolgirl and a schoolboy as well as an efeminate drama teacher. But that wouldn't seem absurd in an American high school show because American television always casts people in their mid-twenties as high schoolers. The Australian series actually cast young teenagers. Watching them alongside a grown man pretending to be a teenager was bizarre enough to be amusing even if you didn't get the dry humour. Watching a tall, skinny man in a wig threatening to beat up 14 year old girls a foot shorter than him was certainly wierd, if nothing else.

Guest American Woman
SHH has a very peculiarly Australian/British humour which most probably wouldn't get. And most of it is based on the absurdity of a man in his thirties playing the role of a schoolgirl and a schoolboy as well as an efeminate drama teacher.

And he does a superb job of it. Cracks me up.

But that wouldn't seem absurd in an American high school show because American television always casts people in their mid-twenties as high schoolers.

Trust me. This guy would stand out playing the part of a high school girl or boy in an American television series, too.

The Australian series actually cast young teenagers. Watching them alongside a grown man pretending to be a teenager was bizarre enough to be amusing even if you didn't get the dry humour. Watching a tall, skinny man in a wig threatening to beat up 14 year old girls a foot shorter than him was certainly wierd, if nothing else.

I think it's really funny because they all play their parts so well and the 'documentary' aspect of it helps make it funny. The contrast of the "girl" and her 13 year old boyfriend was pretty humorous, along with all the decidedly politically incorrect humor.

• 3 months later...