Stimulus money

Topaz

The opposition parties have been asking for months the info. on where is this money going across Canada. The Tories have said back in the spring , that they would put a website up so Canadians could see where the money is working. Guess what? NO, website and no info. Why? The Libs are saying its because the Tories are giving their members 2-3X the money for projects than in other areas of the country. This money is suppose create jobs but there are some areas worse off than the some Tory ridings. I do know that in my area, held by a Tory, there was no money coming until a Liberal member pointed out there was no money from Ottawa coming to this area, within 3 days, we had 7 Million being announced! Do you think the Tories should create this website for Canadians to show where OUR tax dollars are being spent???

I was wondering, seeing that the recession is ovver and the recovery has started, I wonder if the stimulas money was even really needed. I also wonder that if any money that hasn't been contracted to be spent (contracts signed with suppliers) can be cancelled van be returned to the federal coffers.

The deficit would shrink quite a bit.

That would be pretty shrewd of the Conservatives if that was the case...I only wish it was true.

The recession is far from over.

Lots of wishful thinking amidst some minute numbers. Its brutal and likely the worst is yet to come.

The Stimulus monies is not for "job creation" but it is getting some pet projects on the go that would never happen normally. I think the CPC stimulus plan is to create a future generation of NHL players, with a New Ice Rink on every corner. I think they are up to 8 rink announcements in my region, maybe more.

The Stimulus was also "corporate tax cuts" which gave many more corporations the extra cashflow to relocate operations.

And then there was the Pre Stimulus, where the CPC just handed the banks a load of capital just for the hell of it, amidst more record bank profits.

Don't worry about where just the stimulus is going, look at the record of the government prior to entering the recession.

Job loss and fiscal incompetence was the way forward from 2006 on. There is a reason the CPC can't balance a budge.

They never intended too.

Lots of wishful thinking amidst some minute numbers. Its brutal and likely the worst is yet to come.

The Stimulus monies is not for "job creation" but it is getting some pet projects on the go that would never happen normally. I think the CPC stimulus plan is to create a future generation of NHL players, with a New Ice Rink on every corner. I think they are up to 8 rink announcements in my region, maybe more.

The Stimulus was also "corporate tax cuts" which gave many more corporations the extra cashflow to relocate operations.

And then there was the Pre Stimulus, where the CPC just handed the banks a load of capital just for the hell of it, amidst more record bank profits.

Don't worry about where just the stimulus is going, look at the record of the government prior to entering the recession.

Job loss and fiscal incompetence was the way forward from 2006 on. There is a reason the CPC can't balance a budge.

They never intended too.

I still think they should just have given every Canadian; man, woman or child, $10,000 tax free. That would probably have done more to fight the recession than a bunch of glorified pot-hole filling projects.

We'll all remember you said that. I'm sure there is a long way to go, but it'd be interesting to see your predictions pan out.

Yeah...tax cuts totally discourage corporations from doing business here..... :rolleyes:

Edited by Moonbox

I was wondering, seeing that the recession is ovver and the recovery has started, I wonder if the stimulas money was even really needed. I also wonder that if any money that hasn't been contracted to be spent (contracts signed with suppliers) can be cancelled van be returned to the federal coffers.

Great idea. Why don't you go and ask for it back Dancer. Don't forget to put hat in hand.

My MP Michael Chong (Halton-Wellington) has sent his quarterly newsletter to everyone in the riding which outlines what money from the Federal Action Plan will be spent in the riding. Outlines everything that he is doing.

Try to telephone your MP to do the same thing. Your local MP should make it their responsibility to keep your riding informed. Maybe my MP is more active then most I have no idea. If I wanted to know something I'd just give him or her a call and find out what's up.

The money has been well wasted. In addition the debt has been well adjusted.

Ok so is too much money being spent as you say? Or is it not being spent fast enough? As Ignatieff has said over and over again.

Not to mention that Liberals and the NDP both supported the budget last spring and have said then that not enough stimulus is being spent.

So which is it?

Edited by Mr.Canada