Barack on Letterman

Just commenting on your post. You brought it up.

I acknowledged Obama for not playing the race card. It was a noble and proper thing to do and quite frankly, to me, a complete surprise. He only played it once in the campaign which probably took great restraint - especially from hard-left Democrat advisors that undoubtedly held similar views to Jimmy Carter.

He rose to the occasion. Your comment invoked the race card. Can you answer why you are playing it?

Never mind. I assume, in keeping with the collective conscience, you think it just sounds right to call people you disagree with racists.

It takes some subtle reverse psychology to get Shady to brag about Obama's high approval ratings.

The drop in Obama's high approval ratings is in a sense similar to the economic collapse. Who knew they could fall so far so fast? It's a record. At least he isn't playing the race card to justify his numbers. He knows he is pushing hard against American rugged individualism, be in charge of your own life and reining in Statist ideology that erodes individual liberty and freedom. He knows what he is up against.

He has mentioned this is an opportunity, and I have heard others say this is an opportunity. What is the opportunity that is being mentioned? It is that the Statists, those social engineers, have control of the Executive and legislative branch of the US government and can pretty much pass whatever legislation they want. This opportunity will not last past November 2010.

I didn't apologize for anything in the first thread. I just admitted I made a typo generated from the fact "Lehman Bros" and "Goldman Sachs" both have "man" as a second syllable. I encourage you to take great delight in catching that error. I know victories are few and far between for you, so you have to take what you can get.

Unfortunately, I can't concede anything on the next point because we're talking about presidential approval numbers. Not approval of how he went about his transition to the presidency. That isn't relevant data. Were you aware of this error, or just trying to misrepresent the facts again?

But if you want to use Gallop as the definitive poll, you will see that the idea that he had a presidential approval rating above 80 is just plain wrong. He never even got above 70, and Gallop also indicates he never went below 50%.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-D...b-Approval.aspx

So I will chalk this pwn up with the one where you steadfastly tried to say Obama claimed he cured cancer. :lol:

My, my, aren't we a little touchy about the Lehman error! So you made a typo based on the fact that both words both have a man in them, eh? Wow, that's really reaching, and you know what they say about those who protest too loudly...

On your next point, you don't get to rework what the discussion was about. I introduced the topic of Obama's approval numbers in the context I chose. Earlier in the year you didn't object to his having numbers in the 80s, funny that you should object now, has the left changed their talking points on this since he's bobbing at the 50 percentile mark?

My, my, aren't we a little touchy about the Lehman error! So you made a typo based on the fact that both words both have a man in them, eh? Wow, that's really reaching, and you know what they say about those who protest too loudly...

Touchy? Why do you always mistake my amusement for anger? I couldn't care less if I make an error or not. I'm anonymous. I just responded because your buddy was referring to my one small error in numerous threads because he felt he finally got me on something. You can feel free to start new threads on it too. I know you operate at about the same level. (Talk about protesting too much! :lol:)

On your next point, you don't get to rework what the discussion was about

So it's not about Obama's presidential approval numbers? It's about comparing numbers on an unrelated topic taken from before he was even president and not related to policies? WHy don't you compare his numbers on, say, how people think of him as a role model for fathers and compare those to his presidential approval rating? You might find a dramatic drop in the same day. That ought to make for a compelling argument among those who don't understand.

But, of course, you don't identify the "context you choose". You just try and change it after I've shown that you're misrepresenting.

Nice try.

Edited by BubberMiley