My political views....

http://s960.photobucket.com/albums/ae81/Ka...SC_1957-6ab.jpg

Left wingers....shut up! People have to work for a living, communism failed. If you stop being so radical and trying to control everything, people might actually listen to you. Government cannot take care of itself, much less the tax payers.

Right wingers.....stop lying! We know your screwing us. Just because it isn't expensive right now as a left wing government, doesn't mean the long term costs won't be. And no, people aren't evil just because they happen to belong to a different cult/religioin.

Centrists....Speak up! Come on, you're the silent majority, lets bang some friggin sense into this bloody government and get rid of all the freaking infighting.

http://i30.tinypic.com/2h64n5d.jpg

What are yours?

Edited by Goat Boy©

No. I don't want anyone to shut up regardless of their political leanings. These discussions are very important and need to continue.

Why would any right winger want to play when you have labeled them all as liars at the outset?

You need to think before you post is all I have to say.

Left wingers....shut up! People have to work for a living, communism failed. If you stop being so radical and trying to control everything, people might actually listen to you. Government cannot take care of itself, much less the tax payers.

Right wingers.....stop lying! We know your screwing us. Just because it isn't expensive right now as a left wing government, doesn't mean the long term costs won't be. And no, people aren't evil just because they happen to belong to a different cult/religioin.

Centrists....Speak up! Come on, you're the silent majority, lets bang some friggin sense into this bloody government and get rid of all the freaking infighting.

What are yours?

You sounds a bit like a fascist is that your political view? Only right wingers who agree with you can talk and you hate communism? Also I like the quoting of Nixon there makes me laugh.

Dude, the arrogance you display when you try to lecture all three parts of the Political Spectrum does not inspire anyone to respond. Your post makes you sound like you speak for the `middle', `the silent majority'. Well done; good narrative tool. Unfortunately, your audience here is a bit more sophisticated than you thought.

Here's a question: If communism "failed", why does it haunt us to this day as an alternative?

PS: Your second picture link doesn't work.

Edited by Radsickle

What are yours?

Define centerist, true centerist, canadian centerist, american centerist, cuban centerist. Centerist as no real meaning. A Canadian Centerist is to the left of what the true political center is. An American centerist may be a little to the right, and so on.

An alternate definition is to assume that the two poles in question (e.g., Left/Right) are well-defined, and then (i) define as 'centrist' any position which the Left considers too far Right and the Right considers too far Left

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrism

You sounds a bit like a fascist is that your political view? Only right wingers who agree with you can talk and you hate communism? Also I like the quoting of Nixon there makes me laugh.

First time I've been called a fascist. :) But who am I kidding, representing partisan ideology and basing election campaigns and political decisions on the sole reason of staying in office is far more important than actually representing the voters that elected you.

Dude, the arrogance you display when you try to lecture all three parts of the Political Spectrum does not inspire anyone to respond. Your post makes you sound like you speak for the `middle', `the silent majority'. Well done; good narrative tool. Unfortunately, your audience here is a bit more sophisticated than you thought.

Here's a question: If communism "failed", why does it haunt us to this day as an alternative?

PS: Your second picture link doesn't work.

Yeah my colorful language definitely represents me as arrogant, but this is certainly not the case IRL. Sorry forum, I'll put it in harvard-speak next time, never mind the message just attack the sender. J/K, don't take that too too seriously.

I really don't see communism haunting us as an alternative, where are the successful communist states in today's world? And please don't say China.

Second pic link was a political compass graph, hoping to actually get a constructive thread going but I guess we can call that failure to launch.

Define centerist, true centerist, canadian centerist, american centerist, cuban centerist. Centerist as no real meaning. A Canadian Centerist is to the left of what the true political center is. An American centerist may be a little to the right, and so on.

I define a centrist as somebody that examines the situation and policies available, and then makes an informed decision as to what will do best for the geographical area that s/he represents.

As opposed to sticking to an ideology and refusing to look at any other alternative. IE: Religion is evil, homosexuality is immoral, it's always right to unionize and the worker is always right, no it isn't, the margins are always right. Etc, etc....

Yeah my colorful language definitely represents me as arrogant, but this is certainly not the case IRL. Sorry forum, I'll put it in harvard-speak next time, never mind the message just attack the sender. J/K, don't take that too too seriously.

I really don't see communism haunting us as an alternative, where are the successful communist states in today's world? And please don't say China.

Second pic link was a political compass graph, hoping to actually get a constructive thread going but I guess we can call that failure to launch.

What does IRL mean? I don't speak Harvard-speak.

Cuba is a fairly successful Communist state with better education and health-care per-capita than Canada or the States could ever dream of...

... And watch out for Micheal Moore's new movie, "Capitalism: a love story"

"Political Compass Graph" sounds great!

... Aw, your thread couldn't remain erect? :( Is it my fault?

What does IRL mean? I don't speak Harvard-speak.

In Real Life

Cuba is a fairly successful Communist state with better education and health-care per-capita than Canada or the States could ever dream of...

:lol:

Here's a start

http://www.miamiherald.com/509/story/148897.html

Dr. Julio Cesar Alfonso, 39, who practiced medicine in Cuba for four years before coming to Miami in 1999, describes the Cuban healthcare system as ''a disaster,'' from doctors reusing needles to draw blood from patients (and keeping a sharpening stone for the needles ) to the X-ray machine at Cardenas Regional Hospital, which hasn't been replaced since 1959.

''The treatment Moore and the rescue workers receive in the film was done specifically for them, because they knew it would make great propaganda,'' says Alfonso, a general practitioner in Little Havana. ``The medical centers in Cuba that treat tourists and government officials and VIPs are very different than the ones that treat the general population. If you're a Cuban citizen and need a prescription drug, most doctors either tell you to ask your relatives in the U.S. to ship it to you or recommend alternative herbal remedies. That's the degree of scarcity on the island.''

I take it you don't know any Cubans???

... And watch out for Micheal Moore's new movie, "Capitalism: a love story"

Come on.....Michael Moore? He's as bad as Bill O'Reily.

"Political Compass Graph" sounds great!

... Aw, your thread couldn't remain erect? :( Is it my fault?

Actually, the threads doing quite well. I was rather hoping that it would take off in a constructive fashion, and perhaps add something positive to the board. As it stands, it looks like great bait to come down.

My feelings remain hurt. :huh:

"Left wingers....shut up!"

The view that progressives need to never speak has been a long position of fascist Goat Boy.

OK, specifics. I mean radicals, the loudmouth ones that never shut up, not those actually try to advance the well being of the populace. I'm referring to the trendy, group-think, it's hip to protest Iraq but never mind the toll it took on a populace to produce my Iphone that replaced a perfectly good Iphone from last year, just because it wasn't the 3G model.

In Real Life

:lol:

Here's a start

http://www.miamiherald.com/509/story/148897.html

I take it you don't know any Cubans???

You are going to start with a story from the miami herald? The cubans in Miami have been waiting for Cuba to fall ever sense they emptied the treasury and ran as Castro's army took the island. Seriously why not publish a story from "I hate cuba magazine."

Edited by punked