Canuck selling out Canada's Health Care on Fox News

You're asking for a lot....she is not required to gamble with your opinion.

Yep, she should be a good Canadian, keep quiet, and roll the dice. Vision loss, seizures, diabetes insipidus, no big deal. She shouldn't have the choice to have it taken care sooner than 5 - 6 months, even if she wants to pay with her own money. We need to spread the misery equally, and make her wait, and give her no other options. Who cares if there's a 22% chance that some symptoms won't be reversable, even with surgery. Who cares if the longer the tumor's in place, the increased chance of it leading to other problems. We're trying to preserve the great Tom Douglas' health scheme, which is to be totally subservient to the government for your healthcare, and therefore, your life. :rolleyes:

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep...not only do some people want to shut her up

They want her to shut up because she's lying. Lying about having cancer, lying about the risk to her life, lying about the risk to her sight, and lying about being denied care.

If someone was telling the truth, there's be something to discuss. She (and you) want a discussion centred around a strawman. I prefer reality.

And I suppose these people lied as well... :rolleyes:

Top court strikes down Quebec private health-care ban

As a result of delays in receiving tests and surgeries, patients have suffered and even died in some cases

Take your McCarthyism elsewhere.

Guest TrueMetis

As a result of delays in receiving tests and surgeries, patients have suffered and even died in some cases

No one has denied that this happens but Shona Homles lied Period.

Guest TrueMetis
A tumor is the name for a swelling or lesion formed by an abnormal growth of cells. By definition, a tumor is cancer. And a tumor is what she had.

No she had a Cyst

Cyst: A cyst is a closed sac having a distinct membrane and division on the nearby tissue. It may contain air, fluids, or semi-solid material. A collection of pus is called an abscess, not a cyst. Once formed, a cyst could go away on its own or may have to be removed through surgery.

Tumour: A tumor or tumour is the name for a swelling or lesion formed by an abnormal growth of cells (termed neoplastic).[1] Tumor is not synonymous with cancer. A tumor can be benign, pre-malignant or malignant, whereas cancer is by definition malignant.

Learn to read I've been through this a dozen times.

Different province. In 2005 RAMQ in Quebec was a mess. Ontario's system is much better. Quebec is too now apparently. They've done some things on both the private and public side that are quite innovative from what Ive heard.

Oh, and you can argue about health care all you want. The trick is though, we can dismiss you if we want, because we've made our choice. We have our rights too.

Edited by Smallc

Different province. In 2005 RAMQ in Quebec was a mess. Ontario's system is much better. Quebec is too now apparently. They've done some things on both the private and public side that are quite innovative from what Ive heard.

The situation in Quebec was very simple: because Ottawa was fighting to balance its budgets, Quebec was constrained to accept huge cut in its transfer payments.

Edited by benny

Quebec does everything differently than the rest of Canada, who would their approach to healthcare be any different. Distinct society, distinct healthcare. My Canada may include Quebec, but I sure don't include them in any discussion of how taxation or social services operate in Canada.

Quebec does everything differently than the rest of Canada, who would their approach to healthcare be any different. Distinct society, distinct healthcare. My Canada may include Quebec, but I sure don't include them in any discussion of how taxation or social services operate in Canada.

French is certainly a linguistic barrier preventing Quebecers to be too readily seduced by the American way-of-life.

They operate differently, as they are entitled to. That said, they are starting to take some of the better ideas from other provinces and other countries. Their waits are supposed to be decreasing substantially.

Learn to read I've been through this a dozen times.

I did. In fact, I read a link posted by you. :lol:

Her family doctor in Canada ordered an MRI, and a brain tumor was detected. But it would take months for her to get on the appointment calendar of a neurologist or endocrinologist in Canada.

Maybe it's you who needs to learn to read.

However, the real question, is why should the government dictate when anybody receives treatment for a serious medical issue? Socialized medicine costs us our freedoms, and gives the government much too much power over our lives. Literally.

Guest TrueMetis
I did. In fact, I read a link posted by you. :lol:

Her family doctor in Canada ordered an MRI, and a brain tumor was detected. But it would take months for her to get on the appointment calendar of a neurologist or endocrinologist in Canada.

Maybe it's you who needs to learn to read.

However, the real question, is why should the government dictate when anybody receives treatment for a serious medical issue? Socialized medicine costs us our freedoms, and gives the government much too much power over our lives. Literally.

Then the Mayo Clinic showed that that Diagnosis was wrong and it was a cyst

Dr. Naresh Patel, neurosurgeon, diagnosed Holmes as having a Rathke's cleft cyst (RCC). The rare, fluid-filled sac grows near the pituitary gland at the base of the brain and eventually can cause hormone and vision problems.

She had a Cyst.

Also the government has no say what so ever as to when you get treatment your doctor does. before you debate Canadian healthcare at least learn the first thing about it.

I'm sorry, but if she had a brain tumor...if they even really though that she had one, she ould never wait six months if it was thought that tumor would cause problems. To think that she would is completely crazy. Emergency care happens immediately in Canada the same as it does in the US. I have watched it happen several times.

I'm sorry, but if she had a brain tumor...if they even really though that she had one, she ould never wait six months if it was thought that tumor would cause problems. To think that she would is completely crazy. Emergency care happens immediately in Canada the same as it does in the US. I have watched it happen several times.

She did not have a brain tumour!!!

And she damn well knew it. She lied to the US media and people.

She was diagnosed in 1998 with a slow growing cyst on her pituitary gland.

Edited by tango

Guest TrueMetis

In 1998!!! Fuck that makes it even worse. Were did it say 1998?

Edited by TrueMetis

Also, a Rathke's cleft cyst is congenital. Pre-existing conditions have no meaning to us, but if we had American health care, she'd quite likely have been denied coverage.