Greg Gutfeld Apologies....so of

So Greg Gut(less)feld has apologized to the Canadian Forces and its members. And what an apology it was too, apparently his statements were "misunderstood". But that is not the best of it, oh no not by a long shot, no the best came from his Twitter account where he stated and I am quoting here ""My apologies to the Canadian military, they probably could at least beat the Belgians." . Yes, while apparently apologizing for his earlier crass comments about the Canadian Forces, he still felt the need to add insult to insult.

The only upside of all this, is a fair number of ex and current US servicemen I've talked with feel as I do, that Greg Gut(less)feld would benefit greatly by having a red-hot bayonet shoved up deep inside his nether regions.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...The only upside of all this, is a fair number of ex and current US servicemen I've talked with feel as I do, that Greg Gut(less)feld would benefit greatly by having a red-hot bayonet shoved up deep inside his nether regions.

Others might feel that their service is about guaranteeing Gutfeld's right to say it all over again.

Why is it OK to routinely insult France's military but not Canada's (or America's for that matter) ?

Others might feel that their service is about guaranteeing Gutfeld's right to say it all over again.

Why is it OK to routinely insult France's military but not Canada's (or America's for that matter) ?

oh just phuck right off a$$**** :angry: !

please ... eh? :P

bc2004 ... anybody pointed out you are past your best before date? phewww!

The comments on youtube are priceless! My personal fave ...

Please, oh please good Canadian friends, you must believe that we are not all like this.

We believe you. Thanks for commenting. We have boxes and boxes of used hockey helmets if you want to mark the dumb ones for us.

LMAO (again ... tff) Hey bc2004 ... I got a present for youuuuuuuu! ;)

My letter to Faux News:

Look A**HOLES, we'll take on your grunts man-for-man and woman-for woman ANYTIME!!!

Fox host apologizes for mocking of Canadian Forces ??

That's not an apology. That's a pathetic sorry excuse for a pathetic sorry excuse.

It's quite ironic ... we have a few a**holes in Canada too. They tend to be gung-ho militant types. They're the ones who watch Fox. Maybe not any more!

11,000 12, 700 (and counting) have left you some messages here.

Hmm ... that's over 11,000 (and counting) maybe lost viewers of Fox network.

Let us know when you are ready to REALLY apologize.

We are still waiting!

From: A grandmother in Canada who would like to wring your f'ing American p*g f'ing ignorant necks and hang you all up at the border as an example of what happens to a**holes who dis Canada.

Get a fucking manner, fucking A**HOLES!!!!

Except I didn't censor it.

We don't need no stinking apology that is just another stinking insult.

Not good enough.

I never saw Canadians this riled up about anything.

Good thing for us is ... a lot of redneck Canadians will now forever spurn Faux News!

Ya ... there's a silver lining. :lol: :angry:

Edited by tango

oh just phuck right off a$$**** :angry: !

please ... eh? :P

bc2004 ... anybody pointed out you are past your best before date? phewww!

The comments on youtube are priceless! My personal fave ...

Please, oh please good Canadian friends, you must believe that we are not all like this.

We believe you. Thanks for commenting. We have boxes and boxes of used hockey helmets if you want to mark the dumb ones for us.

LMAO (again ... tff) Hey bc2004 ... I got a present for youuuuuuuu! ;)

My letter to Faux News:

Look ASSHOLES, we'll take on your grunts man-for-man and woman-for woman ANYTIME!!!

Fox host apologizes for mocking of Canadian Forces ??

That's not an apology. That's a pathetic sorry excuse for a sorry excuse.

It's quite ironic ... we have a few assholes in Canada too. They tend to be gung-ho militant types. They're the ones who watch Fox. Maybe not any more!

11,000 (and counting) have left you some messages here.

Hmm ... that's over 11,000 (and counting) lost viewers of Fox network.

Let us know when you are ready to REALLY apologize.

We are still waiting!

From: A grandmother in Canada who would like to wring your fucking American pig fucking ignorant necks and hang you all up at the border as an example of what happens to assholes who dis Canada.

Get a fucking manner, fucking ASSHOLES!!!!

meh

I am sure that the American people are very embarrassed by these wanna be comedians. They are either ignorant or just plain stupid. I rather doubt that these dolts ever served in any capacity. The good news is that mainstream American media are chastising these dolts and educating the good American people about Canada`s participation in Afganistan.

I am sure that the American people are very embarrassed by these wanna be comedians. They are either ignorant or just plain stupid. I rather doubt that these dolts ever served in any capacity. The good news is that mainstream American media are chastising these dolts and educating the good American people about Canada`s participation in Afganistan.

Some are....some are not....it's all part of the mix. I can point to Canadian barbs directed at other NATO "partners" (for not doing their share of the work) in Afghanistan.

I think you have nailed it.

I personally found his comments offensive....but so what? As you said, how many times have the cheese eating surrender monkies been the victims of crass barbs....to the point where vcery few know there are a couple of thousand French soldiers also in Afghanistan...

I personally found his comments offensive....but so what? As you said, how many times have the cheese eating surrender monkies been the victims of crass barbs....to the point where vcery few know there are a couple of thousand French soldiers also in Afghanistan...

A few weeks ago when British and French submarines collided at sea, I recall a post from the CTV.CA comments area from a reader:

"...after the collision, the French immediately surrendered".

Gutfeld's comments were so over-the-top offensive, one can only assume it was intentional and now his forgettable show has a higher profile.

One should keep in mind as well that if we see 4 dead Canadians, the Americans are burying 40 of theirs.

Sometimes we act like we are the only belle at the ball.

The fellow is still a dolt...but maybe he's right on a few points like the 'privillage' of taking a year off national defence. We do expect the Americans to hold down the fort...right?

....The fellow is still a dolt...but maybe he's right on a few points like the 'privillage' of taking a year off national defence. We do expect the Americans to hold down the fort...right?

Probably, but methinks that Canadian Forces would still have a higher op tempo for in theatre rotations Plus that "year off" is a context aimed directly at the other NATO partners who have enjoyed far more than a "year off".

Canada has the highest casualty rate.....but you already knew that.

Probably, but methinks that Canadian Forces would still have a higher op tempo for in theatre rotations Plus that "year off" is a context aimed directly at the other NATO partners who have enjoyed far more than a "year off".

Canada has the highest casualty rate.....but you already knew that.

I agree that other nations should rotate through Kandahar Province...the hot spots. But I do think Canadians are a bit smug in the way we expect so much from the US without really asking.

I know our casualties are by proportion a bit high...but still...and I'm not trying to be callous...on the first day of the Battle of the Somme on July 1st, 1916, the Allies took 60,000 casualties including 20,000 outright killed. All before Noon.

We (the collective 'we') just forget what a REAL battle can be like. 116 dead is a long MG burst from a

. Edited by DogOnPorch

Just wondering ...

Would there have to be a 'war on terror' if the US/CIA did not aggressively invade other countries to install regimes subservient to American commerce?

It's a very bothersome question to many Canadians I think.

We're losing young men and women for a struggle created by the US through deceitful, illegal means, for its own selfish purposes, which have nothing to do with 'freedom' of the local people there, and everything to do with cheap oil for the American people and profits for the corporations/investors.

That's my take ... and my question ...

Just wondering ...

Would there have to be a 'war on terror' if the US/CIA did not aggressively invade other countries to install regimes subservient to American commerce?

No....the IRA....Red Brigrades....Black September.....FLN....etc. would all be accepted as good terrorism.

It's a very bothersome question to many Canadians I think.

Why now? Shoulda thought about that over 50 years ago. Or before invading Haiti.

We're losing young men and women for a struggle created by the US through deceitful, illegal means, for its own selfish purposes, which have nothing to do with 'freedom' of the local people there, and everything to do with cheap oil for the American people and profits for the corporations/investors.

Lots of oil in Afghanistan? I'll bet there is some strip mining for Canada too....

Edited by bush_cheney2004

No....the IRA....Red Brigrades....Black September.....FLN....etc. would all be accepted as good terrorism.

Why now? Shoulda thought about that over 50 years ago. Or before invading Haiti.

Lots of oil in Afghanistan? I'll bet there is some strip mining for Canada too....

Good topic ...

Canadian mining firm financed violence in Ecuador

But the purpose is the pipeline for oil from Iraq through Afghanistan/Pakistan.

We're there doing penance for not going to Iraq. Still pissed?

Edited by tango

Because at least Canada has a great military tradition and still, by and large, helps out where it can. It is a constructive force in the world.

France, by contrast, wants a leadership position on international shows of force--with a grand contribution of 300 or so troops. No one would joke about Canada surrendering as a result of the noise of a car backfiring.

But the purpose is the pipeline for oil from Iraq through Afghanistan/Pakistan.

We're there doing penance for not going to Iraq. Still pissed?

Natural gas too.....I love the smell of burning hydrocarbons in the morning.

Don't lose the faith...I'm sure you can save the world from CanAm plundering.

As would I have had I been aware of it. I met a few veterans of the Canadian Forces while on a trip to the CPC Policy Convention in Montreal in March 2005. Good people all.

France, by contrast, wants a leadership position on international shows of force--with a grand contribution of 300 or so troops.

You dropped a zero.

Well actually, France has 2780 troops in afghanistan.

Any troops in actual combat areas? I'm surprised you haven't mentioned anything about that part, either way.

27 French soldier have been killed in Afghanistan.

Edited by M.Dancer