When Obama comes to Ottawa...

A thread to tell Barak Obama what he needs to hear from us...

The Northwest Passage is ours. No discussion. It starts and it ends right here.

NAFTA. Where were you when this was all put down?

Border security. Who loves you?

Who's your best friend? We need you to tell us where you stand. Who do you love?

How about it man?

Represent.

Edited by Higgly

I have always found this idea of the Great North as somehow amusing. First, no lives there. It's one huge expanse of ice, snow, rock and water with the odd scrub bush. Second, we can't defend it without the help of the US - assuming someone would be crazy enough to go there. Maybe in a 100 years or so, technology will exist to exploit it but for the moment, it's too much trouble.

As to the rest of your ideas, Canadians have a long history of being shocked, SHOCKED, to learn that the US considers them as just another foreign country. In 1971 when Nixon oimposed import tariffs, Trudeau sent a team to Washington to obtain special status. Mulroney tried the same, got basically nowhere, and then struck on the old idea of negotiated reciprocity as a way of keeing the Congress at bay.

Heck, I don't know what is the best approach to deal with Congress's protectionist instinct. It doesn't help when the US has a president who rails about "shipping jobs overseas".

Lastly, teh federal government is not in a great position to preach free trade when it just introduced a budget that does almost the same by encouraging Canadians to spend at home. How much of this government spending will wind up overseas? Many on this forum expressly stated that a stimulus package should aim to spend money in Canada. The home reno subsidy, for example, is designed to help local business (at the expense of anyone else). Or how about the cash we're forking over to our car and forestry industries? These are all examples of protectionist policies no different from what we now accuse the Americans of doing.

Kettle meet pot.

...The Northwest Passage is ours. No discussion. It starts and it ends right here.

Nope...been there...done that. Catch us if you can.

NAFTA. Where were you when this was all put down?

He was in Chicago....Land of Blago

Border security. Who loves you?

Ahmed Ressam

Who's your best friend? We need you to tell us where you stand. Who do you love?

United Kingdom = #1 (Your Queen lives there too! :lol: )

....As to the rest of your ideas, Canadians have a long history of being shocked, SHOCKED, to learn that the US considers them as just another foreign country. In 1971 when Nixon oimposed import tariffs, Trudeau sent a team to Washington to obtain special status. Mulroney tried the same, got basically nowhere, and then struck on the old idea of negotiated reciprocity as a way of keeing the Congress at bay.

It is surprising that your perspective is not more universally embraced. Such is a far more healthier and less patronizing way to view things. The USA is just another foreign country.

WHAT? You told me you loved me and that I could be an honorary AMERICAN--- you are not a foreign country ---- we are married to you...how dare you treat us as a common mistress not good enough to carry the family name but good enough to satisfy your lusts...I feel so rejected ... :rolleyes:

WHAT? You told me you loved me and that I could be an honorary AMERICAN--- you are not a foreign country ---- we are married to you...how dare you treat us as a common mistress not good enough to carry the family name but good enough to satisfy your lusts...I feel so rejected ... :rolleyes:

...If we're already getting the milk......

...If we're already getting the milk......

Just as imagined....the world is in a state of perpetual prostitution. There are men who are in high positions who are very dependant on human nature ...on survivalists that will do and say anything for a buck - which is most people...and America has figured out that we are simple minded whores that exist in a base state --- and you my good man are the big pimp.

A thread to tell Barak Obama what he needs to hear from us...

...to avoid the beaver tails

...don't wait for the bus

...all season radials are for all the seasons of southern California

...consider visiting Quebec City next time