Pope reinstates bishop who denies the Holocaust

jdobbin

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay quiet Atheist. This a quibble between believers not hell bound heretics such as yourself.

I will not stay quiet. What an abusive would-be tyrant you are. You are in no position to make demands. I'll continue replying to your posts as long as I want, thank you very much, and your every outburst will show you for the hateful, ridiculous fool you are.

How convenient!

Not really. Everyone does wrong. We can never expect anyone, religions or not to be perfect. I believe in God, and I talk to him all of the time. I even tell him that I'm sorry for things. I like to think that, if he's up there, he really does care and he really does understand that we are imperfect being simply trying to live our lives.

How convenient!

"Including Catholic doctrine?"

"To be in the state of grace you must embrace what the Church embraces, you have to embrace the faith of the Church, and you're not free to receive the Eucharist if you don't embrace the faith of the Church. This is St. Paul, this is St. Justin, this is the whole history of the Church."
SOURCE Edited by Mr.Canada

Only if they confess and make efforts not to commit the same sins over and over. For example you cannot perform abortions and partake in sodomy daily punked and expect to not be excommunicated.

Name one person who has been excommunicated in the last 50 years there has been about 20 tops. It is a pretty big deal and the Church is scared to do it most of the time in fear of public outrage.

Name one person who has been excommunicated in the last 50 years there has been about 20 tops. It is a pretty big deal and the Church is scared to do it most of the time in fear of public outrage.

I don't know any as the people I know are faithful Catholics. I don't hang out with grocery cart Catholics.

Regardless of what St. Justin says he wasn't the pope or Jesus so what he says does not matter.

We must honor the Saints as well. If it's a tough to accept teaching or unpopular teaching, that's a good signal of that being the correct teaching.

Edited by Mr.Canada

I don't know any as the people I know are faithful Catholics. I don't hang out with grocery cart Catholics.

Funny cause I hang out with all Catholics becuase we are all brothers and sisters. Jesus taught me that one. He also taught me a little things about being judged. He taught about the meek. A lot of great stuff.

Funny cause I hang out with all Catholics becuase we are all brothers and sisters. Jesus taught me that one. He also taught me a little things about being judged. He taught about the meek. A lot of great stuff.

I have nothing in common with people who want to see homosexuals sodomizing each other in the pews, homosexuals being married and abortions being performed in the Church.

We must honor the Saints as well. If it's a tough to accept teaching or unpopular teaching, that's a good signal of that being the correct teaching.

Saints become so becuase they did good in a region they preformed miracles, and displayed Catholic virtues. We however are not suppose to take their word as cannon. This articles is just quoting Saint Justin Martyr becuase he said what they wanted to write.

Justin also claimed in his time the world would end, and that the prophesies were being fulfilled in front of his eyes.

Edited by punked

I don't see any reference to this in this thread, so here's today's update on Bishop Williamson...

Bishop ordered to recant Holocaust denial

In the face of a global political backlash that threatened to isolate Pope Benedict XVI and alienate liberal Roman Catholics around the world, the Vatican has ordered an ultra-traditionalist bishop to recant his denial of the Holocaust if he wants to serve in the church.

The order was delivered Wednesday to Richard Williamson, one of four members of the breakaway Society of St. Pius X (SSPX) who, in 1988, were excommunicated when they were ordained as bishops without the permission of then Pope John Paul II. Bishop Williamson has a long history of Holocaust denial. He reiterated his views in a television broadcast on Jan. 21, three days before the Vatican's decree to lift the excommunications was made public.

“Bishop Williamson, for admission to Episcopal functions in the Church, must declare, in an absolutely unequivocal and public way, distance from his positions regarding the Shoah,” the Vatican statement said, using the Hebrew word for the Holocaust.

Why would he be reinstated in the church when he was still denying the Holocaust three days previously? And was he really a bishop - is sounds like JPII didn't think so - he was excommunicated because he was ordained without the papal blessing. Man, there's more politics in religion than there is religion in politics (and that's saying a lot)!

I have nothing in common with people who want to see homosexuals sodomizing each other in the pews, homosexuals being married and abortions being performed in the Church.

I know some liberal Catholics, I know some Conservative Catholics. Some of the Liberal ones may favour recognition of homosexual marriages or free choice on abortion. I've not met a single one yet who wants sodomy in the pews (eeven though there are a few bishops and cardinals who have helped priests who did such things go unpunished). And I most certainly never met anyone who suggested that aobrtions should be performed in church buildings.

Lying by exaggeration... Typical Mr. C.