White Phosphorous

KeyStone

So now that we have established that Israel is indeed using white phosphorus bombs; we can now answer the original topic question which was:

Do you think that Israel is using it?

The fact that some of you do not care whether or not the IDF is using white phosphorus bombs is irrelevant to this thread and is at best thread derailment

Edited by lost&outofcontrol

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrorism is scary, but, I was 11 and was facinated that somebody actually tried to kill myself and my parents. Seemed like great excitement except for the hearing damage...007 stuff.

----------------------------------------------------

It's a Daisy.

So now that we have established that Israel is indeed using white phosphorus bombs; we can now answer the original topic question which was:

The fact that some of you do not care whether or not the IDF is using white phosphorus bombs is irrelevant to this thread and is at best thread derailment

Why should we care? Why should we care about WP anymore than Shrapnel ladden shells? Why should anyone care what you think of the fact most people don't care....?

I agree though, the original purpose of the thread is stupid...not that I care.

Terrorism is scary, but, I was 11 and was facinated that somebody actually tried to kill myself and my parents. Seemed like great excitement except for the hearing damage...007 stuff.

Right...your only crime....and political value...was being alive. Kinda strips away all other considerations for the basic elements of conflict and costs. Makes for clearer thinking and even easier decisions.

collective punishment. israel doesn't want anyone or anything getting in the way of its agenda.

it's interesting seeing these israel apologist coming in here trying to justify war crimes. majority of the countries around the world including israel are signatories to international law. apparently these rules are only important to israel and its apologists when others are breaking them.

collective punishment. israel doesn't want anyone or anything getting in the way of its agenda.

it's interesting seeing these israel apologist coming in here trying to justify war crimes. majority of the countries around the world including israel are signatories to international law. apparently these rules are only important to israel and its apologists when others are breaking them.

Get back to us when you know the rules yourself....

Right...your only crime....and political value...was being alive. Kinda strips away all other considerations for the basic elements of conflict and costs. Makes for clearer thinking and even easier decisions.

Couldn't have said it better me-self.

-----------------------------

It seems that every time I stick my neck out, I get my foot into something else.

---Patsy Cline

Get back to us when you know the rules yourself....

this is why i'm here. i'm here to teach you.

israel violated the requirement under international humanitarian law

the 1949 Geneva Protocol, which has a section on "General protection against effects of hostilities":

(ii) take all feasible precautions in the choice of means and methods of attack with a view to avoiding, and in any event to minimizing, incidental loss of civilian life, injury to civilians and damage to civilian objects;

you can dance around it all you want, but israel violated another international law... again. you're here, being an apologist for a group the breaks international law, again.

you guys are no better than those who are apologists for palestinian rocket launchers.

Edited by dub

Deliberately targetting a FIELD!

Oh, that poor, poor crop... I am weeping inside. :rolleyes:

No kidding. The shell hit a field.

So if someone tried to shoot you, but accidentally missed...all is forgiven? Mens rea?

you guys are no better than those who are apologists for palestinian rocket launchers who know that their acts could kill people.

...and whom are you apologizing for?

--------------------------------

Do I know what rhetorical means??

---Homer Simpson

Edited by DogOnPorch

We already have....next case, please.

Morality is nothing but a relativistic science devoid of any real truth? How convenient! God is going to be pissed once he hears about this.

What is the point of having a discussion on any subject if we can all justify any universal action by a single particular. Time to shutdown all online discussion forum then.

Edited by lost&outofcontrol

...and whom are you apologizing for?

i'm not apologizing for anyone.

i am pointing out that israel is at fault in this conflict as well. in fact, they hold most of the responsibility for what has been happening recently and what has been happening for more than 50 years.

Edited by dub

Morality is nothing but a relativistic science devoid of any real truth? How convenient! God is going to be pissed once he hears about this.

What is the point of having a discussion on any subject if we can all justify any universal action by a single particular. Time to shutdown all online discussion forum then.

Eh...you want us to get up-in-arms about something. A few of us don't agree...others here no doubt agree whole-heartedly.

But this whole conflict of what? Three weeks or so? How many have died...really. 1500-2000? More? Oh well...

At the Battle of the Somme in 1916, the Allies took 60,000 (!) casualties before Noon on the first day of the very long fight. Just down the way at the Battle of Verdun, the same bloody thing was happening only with the French.

During the Siege of Leningrad...1,000,000+ dead civilians alone. Half a million soldiers on each side...

The Battle of Berlin 1945...1,000,000+ casualties on each side.

These last few weeks will be but a footnote in history.

--------------------------------------------------

Ring around the rosie.

A pocket full of posies.

Achoo, achoo--we all fall down.

i'm not apologizing for anyone.

i am pointing out that israel is at fault in this conflict as well. in fact, they hold most of the responsibility for what has been happening recently and what has been happening for more than 50 years.

Oh really? How did this situation come to be in the first place? Do we go back to the First World War? The Crusades? The Byzantines? The Islamic Invasions? The Romans? The Greeks? The Assyrians? The Egyptians?

----------------------------------

Ugh...

We don't have to answer to your version of God or morality.

Did you really think your "discussion" had any more value or import?

Edited by bush_cheney2004