Justin Trudeau

lukin

As for Justin personally I see him as a non issue, but that might be because I look for substance over fluff. Justin is most assuredly nothing more than fluff, targeted as a possible champion based purely upon the fluff factor. This alone could be a powerfull aspect, never underestimate the herd mentality. Or the power of fluff.

Who can argue? he hasnt done anything nor been anywhere in the political arena to show people what he can do.

I dont think he has the same desire his dad had. And looking at his dads popularity out west, why would he try?

We need fresh faces in all our parties, from the top on down.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has never been done, not in the whole British Empire or the Commonwealth, to escape a confidence vote. Please don't try to minimize this. I happen to agree with the GG's actions, but this still could set an ugly precedent. Governments as a general rule should not be allowed to sneak away from votes they figure are going to see them toppled.

Proroguing parliament is quite common. It was prorogued when Chretien transfered power to Paul Martin. Had it only been the NDP and Liberals with a budget a half a year away, the GG would have told Harper to go fly a kite. The seperatist element threw a wrench in the whole system.

Another Generation of westerns were just given the finger by the liberal party.

If the Prime Minister gives the Finger to Dion, Layton and Duceppe and then they turn around and give him the finger back, and then the GG comes home and tells them to go to their ridings for a "time out". Just how in the hell is this giving the finger to the west.

Get the chip off your shoulder.

You are sure quite sour bcviking. That's too bad. A bitter lefty always makes me laugh. FYI, Jean Chretien NEVER won a majority government with over 50% of the polular vote. That means he had a minority of canadians supporting him. I didn't hear too much whining about that. BCViking you are nothing more than a bitter little sore loser.

The truth is that more people in canada voted Conservative than any other single party. If the Greens, Liberals, NDP, and BQ are all the same then they better run under the same umbrella next election so that we don't have to listen to this constant whining from sucks like you.

Have a nice day!

Stating facts does not make one sour. For the record, if you have a majority in the house, you have a majority government. Regardless of popular vote. I know these are difficult concepts for conservatives to wrap there heads around, case in point; trying to run rough shod through parliment when holding the minority of the seats. Ask any NDP, BQ, or Green supporter; if they had to choose between a Liberal government or a Reform government, which would they choose? You know the answer. So does Harper. I think its quite clear that a conservative government will never be able to gain a majority in the house again due to our social and economic climate. their ideologies are antiquated and out of touch with the average Canadian, who has excepted that evolution is a fact, not a theory. I'm not whining at all by the way, the only people whining are conservative supporters who don't think its 'fair' that a coallition is willing to work together for the GREATER GOOD. What a concept!!! Jan. 26th can't come quickly enough!

Give the kid a break. He was able to win in Papineau, a Montreal riding with one of the lowest incomes in Canada. This kid born with a silver spoon in his mouth related in some way to the people in this riding which has a large immigrant/ working class population. He was running against a fairly popular Haitan woman from the BQ.

So he won a difficult riding. Now there's time to see what he is made of

Give the kid a break. He was able to win in Papineau, a Montreal riding with one of the lowest incomes in Canada. This kid born with a silver spoon in his mouth related in some way to the people in this riding which has a large immigrant/ working class population. He was running against a fairly popular Haitan woman from the BQ.

So he won a difficult riding. Now there's time to see what he is made of

This is very true.Pierre Trudeau was thought of a neophyte and not ready for prime time until he was Pearsons Minister of Justice.In other words,it'll take the kid a few years to see if he's a patch on his old man.

One of my favourite Pierre Elliott Trudeau moments...

I do wonder if the kid would have had the guts to do what his father did.By the way,this reporter just gets roasted by Trudeau.I wonder what a Trudeau/Harper debate might look like.I think it would end up with something like Trudeau smiling like the Cheshire cat and Mr.Harper curled up in the fetal position,in a pool of his own urine...probably sobbing!

And now,for some levity...

http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=46p2JAjv3nI

Edited by Jack Weber

This is very true.Pierre Trudeau was thought of a neophyte and not ready for prime time until he was Pearsons Minister of Justice.In other words,it'll take the kid a few years to see if he's a patch on his old man.

One of my favourite Pierre Elliott Trudeau moments...

I do wonder if the kid would have had the guts to do what his father did.By the way,this reporter just gets roasted by Trudeau.I wonder what a Trudeau/Harper debate might look like.I think it would end up with something like Trudeau smiling like the Cheshire cat and Mr.Harper curled up in the fetal position,in a pool of his own urine...probably sobbing!

And now,for some levity...

http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=46p2JAjv3nI

A trudeau/Harper debate would be one of the nastiest spectacles on TV. It would be like micing up Sean Avery and Chris Neil at a Hockey Game.

Harper can piss people off just like Trudeau, if not more so. Harper has to keep his vile mouth shut because his handlers want him to appear nice.