Is Canada heading into Civil War?

wulf42

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most common definitions of terrorism include only those acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants.

Explain to me how those insiting and participating in civil war would not be a terrorist?

It's not complicated. Terrorism at its heart is asymetrical warfare, attacking non military targets to produce a desired politcal response.

A civil war by definition has two or more parralel political factions fighting to either form a government (or to succeed/prevent succession) and as such they are more likely covered by the Geneva Convention if they follow the prescribed obligations.

The Geneva Conventions do not specifically define the term 'civil war'. They do, however, describe the criteria that separate any act committed by force of arms (anarchy, terrorism, or plain banditry) from those qualifying as 'armed conflict not of an international character', which includes civil wars. Among those conditions listed are these four basic requirements.[4]

The party in revolt must be in possession of a part of the national territory.

The insurgent civil authority must exercise de facto authority over the population within the determinate portion of the national territory.

The insurgents must have some amount of recognition as a belligerent.

The legal Government is "obliged to have recourse to the regular military forces against insurgents organized as military."

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) further clarified Article 9 of the Geneva Convention. They stated that the nature of these armed conflicts, not of an international character "generally refer to conflicts with armed forces on either side which are in many respects similar to an international war, but take place within the confines of a single country."[5]

The U.S. Military has adopted the principles set by the Diplomatic Conference of Geneva for their definition of civil war. However, it adds a fifth requirement for "identifiable regular armed forces".[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_war

A civil war in Canada? Oh thats funny.

It could finally settle the age old debate of "boiled then baked" bagels (Montreal) vs the "just baked" version in Toronto.

Will it be in summer or winter? If its in winter it will last only as long as the UnderArmour keeps the fighters warm. After that both sides will be ordering from the same Timmies.

Will the snowballs be frozen or just mushy? Colour coded ?

Will John Candy rise from the dead and save our Canadian Bacon ?

Will Alan Alda be there?

Can I have the rights for the spinoff game to XBOX, PSP2, Wii ?

Can I have the CN Tower post and a slingshot? Ive only fired a .22 so nothing bigger for me thanks.

If this war is in summer, make sure it ends by the first of July , or takes hiatus until the end of September cuz I have a cottage to go to and Algonquin Park beckons around that time.Nobody messes with my cottage time.....nobody !

A civil war in Canada..?.....the Americans would come?....I cant stop laughing !

A civil war in Canada? Oh thats funny.

It could finally settle the age old debate of "boiled then baked" bagels (Montreal) vs the "just baked" version in Toronto.

Will it be in summer or winter? If its in winter it will last only as long as the UnderArmour keeps the fighters warm. After that both sides will be ordering from the same Timmies.

Will the snowballs be frozen or just mushy? Colour coded ?

Will John Candy rise from the dead and save our Canadian Bacon ?

Will Alan Alda be there?

Can I have the rights for the spinoff game to XBOX, PSP2, Wii ?

Can I have the CN Tower post and a slingshot? Ive only fired a .22 so nothing bigger for me thanks.

If this war is in summer, make sure it ends by the first of July , or takes hiatus until the end of September cuz I have a cottage to go to and Algonquin Park beckons around that time.Nobody messes with my cottage time.....nobody !

A civil war in Canada..?.....the Americans would come?....I cant stop laughing !

Hey Geiser....oop's i mean Guyser.... unless you have something intelligent to sa... oh yeah i forgot who i was talking to....nevermind!

Hey Geiser....oop's i mean Guyser.... unless you have something intelligent to sa...

Too funny wulf.

You started what should go down in the annals of MLW ....(hang on while I channel Comic Book Man)....

THE . DUMBEST . THREAD . EVER !

Cant have intelligent debate with such stupidity from the very start now can we.

Next up..."Team Canada wins World Cup of Soccer!"

You seem like a violent person. That's what I learn from reading your posts.

I was in a Army combat unit (PPCLI) for 20 years so what do you think??? but my thread is hypothetical what if.... of course Civil war isn't likely and i would hope that is the last thing that would happen in Canada but anything that may split the country could cause trouble use your head man! this is a political site....................did you read anywhere on here that i support a Civil war??? Didn't think so

Edited by wulf42

did you read anywhere on here that i support a Civil war??? Didn't think so ..........God your an idiot!

Don't think I read anything to suggest you weren't above committing violence. As I said, you seem like a violent person given your outbursts. I think I can recommend a counsellor if you require one.

Edited by jdobbin

I was in a Army combat unit (PPCLI) for 20 years so what do you think??? but my thread is hypothetical what if.... of course Civil war isn't likely and i would hope that is the last thing that would happen in Canada but anything that may split the country could cause trouble use your head man! this is a political site....................did you read anywhere on here that i support a Civil war??? Didn't think so ..........God your an idiot!

No you just predict it....that's pretty idiotic, dontcha think?

but my thread is hypothetical what if....

With language such as this "wulf42 wrote-This is a very dangerous time for this country what we are seeing happening now is going to result in nothing good!" The use of "is" connotes more than your "what if".

of course Civil war isn't likely and i would hope that is the last thing that would happen in Canada

Not if it obliterated Quebec you dont. I see a smile coming across your face.

God your an idiot!

If jdobbin started this thread then I agree with you. If he didnt, then the only idiot is, well, lets be polite . .....

No you just predict it....that's pretty idiotic, dontcha think?

LOL yes i looked into my Crystal ball and it told me the future!! i don t have a clue what is going to happen i simply read an article about this possibilty.......i don t want it to happen .....it likely won t happen...but again its a what if.....appartently you and the others are to simple to grasp that!

Edited by wulf42

dummkopf ....LOL yes i looked into my Crystal ball and it told me the future!! i don t have a clue what is going to happen i simply read an article about this possibilty.......i don t want it to happen .....it likely won t happen...but again its a what if.....appartently you and the others are to simple to grasp that!

Memory loss goes part in parcel with other intellectual handicaps....

This is a very dangerous time for this country what we are seeing happening now is going to result in nothing good! When party leaders side

with French separatists expect trouble to come in some form!

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/83542

Don't think I read anything to suggest you weren't above committing violence. As I said, you seem like a violent person giving your outbursts. I think I can recommend a counsellor if you require one.

I have never commited violence and have no intention of ever doing so EVER and i do not support violence in anyway and never did for somebody who has never met me and does not know me from a hole in the ground i think you should stay quiet....again this was a what if thread read into it whatever you want your type always does.........you need to get a life you take these forums way to seriously!

Edited by wulf42

LOL.............. not very smart are you fella? I have never commited violence and have no intention of ever doing so EVER and i do not support violence in anyway and never did for somebody who has never met me and does not know me from a hole in the ground i think you should stay quiet....again this was a what if thread read into it whatever you want your type always does.........you need to get a life you take these forums way to seriously!

If you are so bright, show where i said you have the intention.....no you are just raising the spectre of it...for whatever assinine reason.

LOL.............. not very smart are you fella? I have never commited violence and have no intention of ever doing so EVER and i do not support violence in anyway and never did for somebody who has never met me and does not know me from a hole in the ground i think you should stay quiet....

Ah, I take it your time in the military was a cook or something.

again this was a what if thread read into it whatever you want your type always does.........you need to get a life you take these forums way to seriously!

Just concerned that you might be an offender of some sort intent on doing harm but as you say, you're more a passive aggressive type. As long as we don't turn our backs on you, we won't likely be struck.