'Gay' threats target Christians over same-sex 'marriage&#3

Alta4ever

From what I've been seeing and reading, there have been a number of attacks against people and churches because of this issue. Interesting how that doesn't make the news, but two women trying to get attention about a dispute over a parking space in Oshawa does...

Cry me a river bud. Perhaps the day has come that 'god' and everything that goes along with... it... is no longer simply accepted as 'truth'. Or at least by people who don't have permanently attached blinders. 'The evidence is all around us'. PLEASE! As if the ONLY explanation for anything we can observe is god! How narrow minded and passive.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cry me a river bud. Perhaps the day has come that 'god' and everything that goes along with... it... is no longer simply accepted as 'truth'. Or at least by people who don't have permanently attached blinders. 'The evidence is all around us'. PLEASE! As if the ONLY explanation for anything we can observe is god! How narrow minded and passive.

That may well be true, but it doesn't address the essence of keng's post, i.e. a possible imbalance in the attention given to one group's victimisation over another's.

Edited by g_bambino

That may well be true, but it doesn't address the essence of keng's post, i.e. a possible imbalance in the attention given to one group's victimisation over another's.

There is no imbalance of one's group over another. The SCoC said that gays could not be discriminated against over marriage because marriage is not an exclusive Christian thing to do. Kengs333 is upset because he considers gays to be immoral and evil sinners which is neither supported by the Church or the government. It is a neanderthal POV that was gone with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms and he abhors equality just like he abhors women being his equals.

It is also necessary over a long time of people's rights being oppressed for the scale to be tipped in their favour for a while. That is the reason that equity laws allow the targeting of minorities to fill jobs. Equity must dislodge the racists' and prejudiced control of government and the workplace by the predominantly white male. Once the workplace is balanced then merit will be restored as a means to obtain jobs and promotions. However, as a long as the predominantly white males like kengs333 resist equality the exceptions will remain in place. His prejudice-hiding-behind-racial-equality is the problem in potholes of our society where inferior intellects cause the majority of problems.

Just look at Gary McHale as an example. He is the dumbest and most racist white male in south western Ontario and he has caused more problems for Haldimand Region than a tornado through Kansas. Now that he is no longer a voice in the region things have quieted down tremendously.

Edited by charter.rights

There is no imbalance of one's group over another. The SCoC said that gays could not be discriminated against over marriage because marriage is not an exclusive Christian thing to do. Kengs333 is upset because he considers gays to be immoral and evil sinners which is neither supported by the Church or the government. It is a neanderthal POV that was gone with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms and he abhors equality just like he abhors women being his equals.

I don't think anybody was taking kengs' or the Supreme Court's opinions into question; I certainly wasn't as those are other discussions. The matter, as I read it, was a simple one of bias in the mainstream media, specifically, that of one group's victimisation being given more attention than another's. I'm not 100% certain, as my opinion is so far formed only on a cursory look at the situation, but, reflecting on my observations of the news (both print and television) over the past couple of days, it did seem that the women who were punched supposedly because they identify as lesbians were getting much more attention than any church or Christians who had recently been attacked for their beliefs and position.

It is also necessary over a long time of people's rights being oppressed for the scale to be tipped in their favour for a while. That is the reason that equity laws allow the targeting of minorities to fill jobs. Equity must dislodge the racists' and prejudiced control of government and the workplace by the predominantly white male. Once the workplace is balanced then merit will be restored as a means to obtain jobs and promotions. However, as a long as the predominantly white males like kengs333 resist equality the exceptions will remain in place. His prejudice-hiding-behind-racial-equality is the problem in potholes of our society where inferior intellects cause the majority of problems.

Er, I rather think you are stating that it's okay for a minority to be prejudiced because they've been oppressed (though, in this case, it begs the question of how long has this so maligned "gay community" actually existed?), and such would appear to be nothing more than the prejudice-hiding-behind-equality you accuse kengs of. In saying this, I'm not validating kengs' position in any way; I just don't approve of the double standard, as I mentioned in my response to another poster above. Excusing one group's discrimination and attacks only shifts power from one place to another, with equality completely absent from the equation.

Edited by g_bambino

I don't think anybody was taking kengs' or the Supreme Court's opinions into question; I certainly wasn't as those are other discussions. The matter, as I read it, was a simple one of bias in the mainstream media, specifically, that of one group's victimisation being given more attention than another's. I'm not 100% certain, as my opinion is so far formed only on a cursory look at the situation, but, reflecting on my observations of the news (both print and television) over the past couple of days, it did seem that the women who were punched supposedly because they identify as lesbians were getting much more attention than any church or Christians who had recently been attacked for their beliefs and position.

Isn't Oshawa closer to Caledonia (where Keng is from) than California? Maybe there is a bias in the media for covering local 'news' more thoroughly than non-local 'news'.

Er, I rather think you are stating that it's okay for a minority to be prejudiced because they've been oppressed (though, in this case, it begs the question of how long has this so maligned "gay community" actually existed?), and such would appear to be nothing more than the prejudice-hiding-behind-equality you accuse kengs of. In saying this, I'm not validating kengs' position in any way; I just don't approve of the double standard, as I mentioned in my response to another poster above. Excusing one group's discrimination and attacks only shifts power from one place to another, with equality completely absent from the equation.

The idea of equity has nothing to do with the past. Neither does equity have anything to do with treating people 'equally'. It has to do with allowing people equal opportunities to live equally 'happy' lives. So if some minority group suffers some oppression at the hands of society, the government, which is supposed to represent society's opinions, gives this group some advantages over other groups (to offset the effects of the oppression) so that it may be on equal footing (in terms of the ability to live to a certain standard) with those other groups. Difficult to actually implement, perhaps, but a step in the right direction I think. And by difficult to implement I don't simply mean how to go about doing so but also how to decide what constitutes oppression, disadvantages, proper advantages given, and so on.

Isn't Oshawa closer to Caledonia (where Keng is from) than California? Maybe there is a bias in the media for covering local 'news' more thoroughly than non-local 'news'.

That's a good point; it could well be a factor (I'm in Toronto, for what it's worth).

Neither does equity have anything to do with treating people 'equally'. It has to do with allowing people equal opportunities to live equally 'happy' lives. Difficult to actually implement, perhaps, but a step in the right direction I think. And by difficult to implement I don't simply mean how to go about doing so but also how to decide what constitutes oppression, disadvantages, proper advantages given, and so on.

Again: agreed. Hence, I don't see how reversing the bias is of any help; and, while I imagine that most people in any camp simply desire as equally a "happy" life as anyone else, there are, and seemingly always will be, that minority (both within the majority and the minorities) who declare themselves as the community's "leaders" and then create "causes" for which they can martyr themselves (here tying back in with my earlier post #125). There just seems to be a tendency within the larger populace around these ideological warriors to excuse one side for its actions because political correctness demands it.

The most "brilliant" scientists are in the end mere mortals, with only a very small fraction of the knowledge and wisdom of God.

To know everything is a noble goal, but just not a realistic one. But scientists of 100years ago have only a fraction of the knowledge we currently have.

Ummm... it's all around you.

Yeah nature is all round you. And if you want to see your 'god''s work, you are not going to find it sitting in front of a computer in the comforts of your man made home and environment.

So how does asking someone to explain the meaning a of a word make you understand the true meaning of an entire book that you can't even read because you're sitting in the dark. Before you can even begin to read, you need to turn on the light...

Because you gotta start somewhere.

I'm not forcing you to believe, I'm just suggesting that you recognize the truth. Just because you deny something exists, doesn't mean that it's not there.

By the same token, juser because you beleive in a God, does not mean one exists.

Funny you should say that because Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, and unlike the rest of us there are still many muslims who live in the 12th century and have no problem using violence against those who don't believe... and as it happens, during the last ten years or so, Canada has allowed roughly 1 million muslims to immigrate to Canada. Why? Basically because the people of Canada are not reproducing at the rate that is needed... Shall we discuss why that would be the case????

... and as it happens, during the last ten years or so, Canada has allowed roughly 1 million muslims to immigrate to Canada. Why?

You must have either the biggest ass, or the sorest, since here is another wrong fact pulled from that cavernous orifice.

Which of course, makes your entire post useless. Congrats, you do that well.

You must have either the biggest ass, or the sorest, since here is another wrong fact pulled from that cavernous orifice.

Which of course, makes your entire post useless. Congrats, you do that well.

I stand corrected: 250,000 to 1.1 million by 2011, and 1.4 million by 2017. Ten or twenty years--whatever... either way it is a relatively short time frame.

• 9 months later...

So let me get this straight (puuuuun!), a group of radical and moronic churches decided to use their tax-exemption status and power to cultivate their cult into harassing and taking away rights from a stigmatized minority, yet are confused by the outrage and the anger proposed by such opponents?

Now beyond the obvious stupidity, I'm no advocate of violence, even against cults...what I am against is hypocrisy, but then again religion and hypocrisy are of almost a becoming of interchangeable terms

It's generally a good thing to oppose hypocrisy. However, don't believe the Gay Movement to be too pious in that regard; it's rife with hypocrisy as well.

The gay movement as you say, is now a political party that is exclusive...how did this happen that now we have a power structure that has more effect on society than straight people - and more rights...wtf! As for hypocracy - Look at what the Christian church really is - It's not a blessing bestowed on the people by Christ - it is the curse of Christ where all the hypocrites are keep prisoner - and who said he was not into revenge - most Christians are cowards and liars and hypocrites - If you got rid of poverty and the homeless - most churches would collapse..getting back to the gay issue - they can kiss my ass - second thought no! They might like it... :lol: How can we take seriously a human being that if attracted to you wants to sodomize you? I don't see the love factor in their agenda...I once rented a room to a blind man ...

We assume that blind men are all saints - This guy turned into a violent weasil and you could not trust him around children - we seem to think that gays are all sweet and flowery - the more rights and power we grant them the worse it could get - that group has more than it's share of crazed animals and evil jerks that will harm society if given the chance _ gay does not equal sainthood.

Even the gay population has evil jerks? Who would've thought!

..getting back to the gay issue - they can kiss my ass - second thought no! They might like it... :lol:

Don't count on it...

and for someone who has soooo much life experience it's pretty amazing you have time to post here several times per day, every day :)