Rape victim, 13, stoned to death in Somalia

But before we jump to conclusions, there is a very important question that needs to be asked.

Was she wearing revealing clothing at the time of the rape?

Obviously, this is irrelevant, but in the minds of some men in those countries, that is a relevant question, as they blame the teen for tempting these men. It is frustrating to me, that we can't do more to intervene in these situations.

Anything short of genocide, and it is illegal for the international community to take up arms and implement regime change by force.

So, we have to stand by and let these atrocities happen?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But before we jump to conclusions, there is a very important question that needs to be asked.

Was she wearing revealing clothing at the time of the rape?

Sorry but i need to ask Are you F*cking kidding me....I wonder if the police asked her parents the same question....lets not put the blame on the sick bastard that raped her or the system that stoned her to death....But rather ask if she was dressed properly....

Obviously, this is irrelevant, but in the minds of some men in those countries, that is a relevant question, as they blame the teen for tempting these men. It is frustrating to me, that we can't do more to intervene in these situations.
Anything short of genocide, and it is illegal for the international community to take up arms and implement regime change by force.

So, we have to stand by and let these atrocities happen?

Yes another lets stick our heads in the sand, remark....How about we as a nation that seems to have all these grandeur ideas about peacekeeping and our roll in the world for once stand up, grab our balls and tell these countries "this type of behavoir is unexceptable" turn off the aid, turn off everything, return our diplomatic staff.

• 3 weeks later...
Only the weak develop those problems. If people raise their children properly and not let the TV do it these aren't issues.

You obviously approve of Sharia Law. Well you may one day get your wish. Keep in mind all homosexuals would be murdered so be careful what you wish for.

That's hogwash, Mr. C.

Abuse is the issue.

weak ... pphhhttt!

tv ... pphhhhtttt!

Edited by tango