Isn't it time to slow down immigration?

That may be true, but you cancel that with....

What, do they move them out of their houses, apts.....take the seats in the restaurant that "Canadians" occupy?

No, no, no. Not so linear please.

We let people in and until/if they get jobs here our taxes pay for their housing, food, transportation, job training, education etc when they haven't put dime one into the jar. Since more resources need to be diverted from things useful to the Canadian citizens.

This is what happens how can you possibly deny this.

So if there are less jobs for anybody what sense does it make to keep the flood gates wide open when we have Canadians who are starving and without work.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no, no. Not so linear please.

We let people in and until/if they get jobs here our taxes pay for their housing, food, transportation, job training, education etc when they haven't put dime one into the jar. Since more resources need to be diverted from things useful to the Canadian citizens.

This is what happens how can you possibly deny this.

So if there are less jobs for anybody what sense does it make to keep the flood gates wide open when we have Canadians who are starving and without work.

Shouldn't the Canadian citizens be grateful to the immigrants that come and work here so their taxes could pay the old Canadians' pensions and disabled Canadians' social assistance?

Shouldn't the Canadian citizens be grateful that thanks to immigration their country's population not only grows but gets enriched by the cream of the world's countries?

Shouldn't the Canadian citizens be grateful to the immigrants that come and work here so their taxes could pay the old Canadians' pensions and disabled Canadians' social assistance?

Shouldn't the Canadian citizens be grateful that thanks to immigration their country's population not only grows but gets enriched by the cream of the world's countries?

It is because of immigrants that the wages stay low across the board and that seniors have to keep working into their retirement years.

Except for the immigrants who are actually ON social assistance, of course.

I think some of this cream has curdled.

You know, my newest job has me attempting to match up people in federal prisons with other federal records. One of the things we tend to do is ask for certain pieces of information from CRC, and those include "place of birth". Most people would not be surprised that many of the times those places of birth are outside Canada.

Closing the door to immigration in Canada is probably the height of government irresponsibility - especially at at time of economic downturn.

Historically speaking, immigration contributes approximately 1% to Canada's GDP each year (and this is accumulative). When growth is low, tossing out this free "1%" growth is madness.

As a general rule, xenophobia and racism are not valid public policy options.

Yeah ............tell that to Toronto ......while all those Immigrants shoot the hell out of the city!

Ouuuccccchhhhhhhhhh

Man we were all immigrants at one time or another unless posters are indigineous

This thread should probably be more aptly titled the difference between a liberal and a conservative

We need a quarter of a million new Canadians every year to maintain our growing economy as the population growth in Canada is not adequate so there may be an opportunity to decrease numbers during slow times and increase it during high growth but seedy underside of racism seems to rule on this thread - scary!

You really need to get out more. I work with all kinds of nationalities and we get along just fine. It is big business that are pushing the government to bring in immigrants. Immigrants come in here willing to work for a lot less money or they have the skills that businesses do not want to train there own people for.

Holy crap your kidding right??? I would rather pay a born and raised Canadian twice as much to ork for me as to have some immigrant come in and say "I will work for 1/2 of what the Canadian guy will work for"

AND if you don't think that happens then you are a fool. I see it and hear of it from my managers every week and I am glad to say we hire the best suited for the job all the time and 99% of the time that is a born and raised in Canada citizen. I am not prejudice I just stand behind my fellow Canadian citizens that have gotten the immigrant shaft from the Liberal government for so many years. The Liberals love immigrants because most of them drink thier Kool-Aid so quickly and then vote Liberal as soon as they are allowed too.

It was the Liberals that shortened the time from immigration to citizenship and then voting status twice in the last 40 years. I say it is time to double that time or triple it.

Ouuuccccchhhhhhhhhh

Man we were all immigrants at one time or another unless posters are indigineous

This thread should probably be more aptly titled the difference between a liberal and a conservative

We need a quarter of a million new Canadians every year to maintain our growing economy as the population growth in Canada is not adequate so there may be an opportunity to decrease numbers during slow times and increase it during high growth but seedy underside of racism seems to rule on this thread - scary!

Biy you sure have bought into the Liberal Kool-Aid on why e need so many immigrants. Give born and raised Canadians a chance and we would not need any immigrants.

Do explain how immigrants assist the economy?

Source of Cheap labour - YES

Overwhelm roads and utility Infrastructure - Yes

Can't speak English and inflict mental anguish on other Canadians - Yes

Develops Hate mentality towards Canada and other Canadians - Yes

Immigrants drives down living standards and wages, drives up taxes, and is the source of cultural dysfunction and mental illness within Canada.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The more people who bid for a job, the lower your paycheck, they higher the credentials you need.

The more people who move into an area, the higher the real estate prices (see right above why this is a problem).

Now Vancouver is at the point where 75% of peoples income is spent on housing and it's known to be almost impossible to get a well paying job where now not even a degree is enough. Jobs there pay nothing unless you are working for the gov't or are in a labor union.

Does the gov't collect more taxes? Sure they do.

Do these people coming here help our welfare state and the size of our homes and our 'Canadian Dream'?

Hell no.

Biy you sure have bought into the Liberal Kool-Aid on why e need so many immigrants. Give born and raised Canadians a chance and we would not need any immigrants.

That's the problem.. we aren't given a chance. I've seen Canadian after Canadian lose jobs to immigrants. We had to take them on board and these people did not have a grasp on English and were nightmare employees. Very, very lazy btw. Not hard working at all.

That was just my experience though.

And heck, those are the minorities of them that are actually working jobs - most of them are not.

THe first thing Harper needs to do is fix our immigration system. If an employer can PROVE he could not hire a Canadian, then he will be allowed to sponsor who he likes. They can work here for 4 years with 1 extension and then goodbye. He'll also need to buy health insurance at $150 a month. No kids, not allowed to buy property (yeah we'll be even stricter than the Americans).

Well, smallc and PC that's is the reality. Sorry you fail to grasp basic math.

People are losing jobs, people are not getting good paying jobs back and in addition they must compete for these jobs with new comers. who will work for a lowe wage then a naturalized Canadian might.

Is that a situation that ensures higher wages?

Please tell me it is, I need a good laugh.

Edited by Mr.Canada

You're not going to make me spend a bunch of time to go and prove to you how the majority of recent immigrants simply aren't paying taxes are you?

If you know it for certain you should have no problem proving it. I know plenty of immigrants that work, and I know plenty that have high paying in demand jobs. Many of them also love this country and don't take it for granted and for that I can respect them.

You're not going to make me spend a bunch of time to go and prove to you how the majority of recent immigrants simply aren't paying taxes are you?

Gosh mikey, sure we are.

We asked last time and you couldnt, and the time before that, and the time before that....

The old adage "if you say it enough people might believe it" doesnt hold water mikey.

Now get out there in cyberspace and find that one tiny xenophobic site that misconstrues the numbers to back you up. For starters try www.immigrantsarescumanddontpaytaxes.ca

Ah , so you cant.

Thank you.

People are losing jobs, people are not getting good paying jobs back and in addition they must compete for these limited jobs with new comers. who will work for a lower wage then a naturalized Canadian might.

Is that a situation that ensures higher wages?

Edited by Mr.Canada