Elizabeth May's mixed messages

Well your blog is wrong:

MacKay has 39 per cent support. The battle for second place is tight, with May at 22 per cent and NDP candidate Louise Lorefice just behind at 19.

http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/canada/article/123563

The ironic think about all this is that by May running in this district, she has split the anti-conservative vote that could have otherwise possibly went to the NDP and given the NDP a win here. One has the remember that the NDP ran a very good campaign last election and gave McKay a scare. It's kind of funny that she advocates an anyone but the Conservatives approach but by her running here, she has given the Conservatives a relatively easy win.

Edited by Rovik

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ironic think about all this is that by May running in this district, she has split the anti-conservative vote that could have otherwise possibly went to the NDP and given the NDP a win here. One has the remember that the NDP ran a very good campaign last election and gave McKay a scare. It's kind of funny that she advocates an anyone but the Conservatives approach but by her running here, she has given the Conservatives a relatively easy win.

When has she advocated ABC? Do you mean when she encourages people to get out and vote? That includes the Conservatives, actually, because the Greens believe in the democratic system and the involvement of citizens in the democratic process.

And yet, they're highly unlikely to elect even one single member.

Duh! Really?

Well, they might get one or two, but whatever the case, I think the reason for this has already been discussed elsewhere... A party with 8% regional support can get about 40 seats, a party with 8% national support cannot... Something's not right here.

It's sad that certain tactics have to be resorted to in order to make our system truly democratic...

Edited by kengs333

Well your blog is wrong:

MacKay has 39 per cent support. The battle for second place is tight, with May at 22 per cent and NDP candidate Louise Lorefice just behind at 19.

http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/canada/article/123563

So the blog is wrong to say she's running third. So what. The margin of error suggests the fight for 2nd place is tight and won't be known until after the vote. The traitor of the Green Party would deserve to finish last in Central Nova.

http://calsun.canoe.ca/canadavotes/news/20...11/7054611.html

IMO Elizabeth May has failed as leader of the Green Party and lacks integrity. How far will she go in negotiating away the hard work done by Green supporters and candidates? For one thing there's a rumour she will ask her supporters to vote Liberal on October 14.

If by some miracle she was elected in Central Nova, she would enter the House of Commons, not as Green Party leader, but as an adjunct of the Liberal Party.

How does this translate as "lack of integrity" that you are claiming in the title? You are the one lacking integrity since your headline is false advertising!

Thanks to the weaknesses of the first-past-the-post parliamentary system, smaller parties have no opportunity to have their voice heard in Parliament. Do you think we haven't read the polls that are showing that the Green Party will likely have no seats in Parliament again, even though the party is polling between 8 and 11 % nationally! This means that in many ridings, Greens who consider the environment to be the most important issue have to make a choice between supporting their candidate to stay on the ballot and get matching funds, or vote for the only other party that has a similar plan to begin reducing carbon emissions.

It's not an option where I live, but it shows that real integrity is not putting party first, like you Conservative drones insist on, but instead may require putting the best interests of the nation ahead of the party's interests.

LOL. She's a traitor, now?
Yet, this still-very-active politico tells Bourque he fears a secret deal has been cooked between Dion and Elizabeth May which may explain why she has been meeting with “key Liberal organizers” and is now actively telling Green Party supporters to vote Liberal, of all things. This, according to our Liberal insider, in exchange for a possible Senate seat and a place as Environment Minister in a Dion-led government. To be clear, Ms May’s curious strategy of backing Dion is creating ill-will within her own party to the point that “a lot of Green candidates are upset”, according to one national news report this morning. Surprisingly, top Green Party representatives are refusing to respond to a query from this organ as to what is the Party’s current position on the Senate. Developing...

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/5521

Each Green supporter that swings to the Liberals or the NDP means less money for the Greens to push forward their lofty environmental policies and goals. What do you call someone who works against the advancement of one's own party, especially a party that is in the growing stage? I call that someone a traitor.

It's not an option where I live, but it shows that real integrity is not putting party first, like you Conservative drones insist on, but instead may require putting the best interests of the nation ahead of the party's interests.

See my post in response to Kengs. We will see if May acted in the interest of the country or in the personal interest of Ms. May. Rest assured, her true motives will come out.

Each Green supporter that swings to the Liberals or the NDP means less money for the Greens to push forward their lofty environmental policies and goals. What do you call someone who works against the advancement of one's own party, especially a party that is in the growing stage? I call that someone a traitor.

Are you suggesting it is more Honorable too put the needs of your party ahead of the needs of the country. I will vote for the best interest of the country.

Since when are you so concerned about how the Greens conduct their affairs?

I thought that the Greens were just a "fringe party" not meant to be taken seriously, now you're concerned that May is compromising its "advancement". LOL

Any party that shoots itself in the foot draws my attention and curiosity.

Certainly has my attention and curiosity as well. If May is offered a senate seat so that Dion could offer her the Environment ministers Job that would certainly give her more of an opportunity too advance her cause. I do not think she would have to be a Liberal to do that.

More confusing messages coming from May and the Greens.

Green Party leader Elizabeth May has not called on voters to abandon Green Party candidates. A news story that states otherwise is misleading.

Ms. May did say that, "Being honest with the voters, I acknowledge that there is concern over vote-splitting in a small number of ridings. But I am not going to say 'vote Liberal here, vote NDP there.'

"I do understand how difficult choices can be due to the perverse results of the first-past-the-post voting system. Canada needs an electoral system that accurately represents how Canadians vote.

"I repeated over and over that I would not advise voters to vote for anyone other than Greens. Attempts to misrepresent my position on this issue are tiring. I do not support strategic voting and I have not advised voters to choose any candidate other than Green."

http://www.greenparty.ca/en/node/8322

By the looks of it, neither will Dion be in a position to offer May a plum government position. I wonder what the Green Party will do about her after they fail to elect a single MP.

You think that former Liberal MP who jumped to the Green will have the chance to become leader? If he wins, that is.

You think that former Liberal MP who jumped to the Green will have the chance to become leader? If he wins, that is.

That would be Blair Wilson. Who knows betsy. I would think what happened in this election with May and Dion will cause leadership rumblings within the Green Party. I'm thinking the Green Party is not as far left as the Liberals have become. If I'm right on this, a lot of Green supporters might object to this close association with the Liberals, or the NDP for that matter.

These are live broadcasts Kengs. You really should watch the election coverage. You'd be amazed what you can learn.

Tell you what. If any of the related broadcasts appear on the CTV website, I'll post the links for you.

So because I don't watch everything you do, I'm not following the election?

If you are taking the time to watch each condener for five minutes, than that is enough - If you can not tell by a five minute visual and audio study of Haper - Dion - Layton and May...who and what they are then you should not vote. As I said before - You are choosing a leader - use your basic animal insticts and say to your self - If there was a crisis who would you follow for salvation? Haper seems to be the only one capable of fulfilling what we traditionally believe a leader should be - the others do not.

If you are taking the time to watch each condener for five minutes, than that is enough - If you can not tell by a five minute visual and audio study of Haper - Dion - Layton and May...who and what they are then you should not vote. As I said before - You are choosing a leader - use your basic animal insticts and say to your self - If there was a crisis who would you follow for salvation? Haper seems to be the only one capable of fulfilling what we traditionally believe a leader should be - the others do not.

Your standards are very low. None of them come close too being a leader. The only leader is Duceppe. Harper can only function if everything is set up too his liking.

Maybe the NDP guy should have withdrawn in favor of May?

The Liberals are not even running in this riding...

Maybe the NDP guy should have withdrawn in favor of May?

The Liberals are not even running in this riding...