The Man to Beat!

wulf42

If he wins and it is very little doubt he will...Canada will be on the path to a stronger country...and a respected country!

http://news.therecord.com/sections/Electio.../article/414245

if you mean harper, then we will be on the road to destruction. i can't believe that canadians are falling for his lies and are actually willing to support him. it will be the end to the country we know and believe in. God help us

if you mean harper, then we will be on the road to destruction. i can't believe that canadians are falling for his lies and are actually willing to support him. it will be the end to the country we know and believe in. God help us

Well it certainly will mean the end of Liberal corruption and lies!.... god knows we have all had enough of that, the country is still reeling from the Chretien years and will be for years to come....and I think Canada is about to become a world player and actually have some teeth under Harper.....not its stupid beer drinking hockey playing image the world sees us as now and picturing Dion as a pm???...i mean come on....lol the man looks confused to say the least...lol!..............Canada is supporting the Harper big time and his lead is growing!

Go Harper Go!

I think this new hysteria has the potential of replacing global warming/climate change as the new apocalypse. A much, much more credible and imminent threat to our existence. Anti-Harperites unite! I can hear the strain of those underground presses as we speak. Clickety clack, clickety clack, clickety clack.... :P

Well it certainly will mean the end of Liberal corruption and lies!.... god knows we have all had enough of that, the country is still reeling from the Chretien years and will be for years to come....and I think Canada is about to become a world player and actually have some teeth under Harper.....not its stupid beer drinking hockey playing image the world sees us as now and picturing Dion as a pm???...i mean come on....lol the man looks confused to say the least...lol!..............Canada is supporting the Harper big time and his lead is growing!

Go Harper Go!

Huh...Just like his counterpart and ideological idol George W increased the US profile on the world stage, ran a fiscally conservative government and of course an honest government that postumously tried to sell Iraq as having something to do with 911

No argument on Dion but don't raise expectations too high on Harper... his sweater vests and newfound smile do not mask his previous comments about building firewallls around Alberta to keep Canada out, defeatist Maritimers and support for Iraq war

Spots ....whadya mean i can't change my spots...Majority or not my spots are changed...honest :P

Well it certainly will mean the end of Liberal corruption and lies!.... god knows we have all had enough of that, the country is still reeling from the Chretien years and will be for years to come....

Yes, reeling with balanced budgets and a booming economy that we had under the Liberals.

Harper wants Canada to be Blue with conservatism, he'll change the Red Maple Leaf to Blue!!! Well, since he said he was a fruit, it'll have to be blue berries. How about a plum dried..a prune!!! Harper and and his gang has proven over and over again, that no party is clean and honest.

His entire raison d'etre is to transform the conservative party into the natural governing party

Would love to live in an era when I could tell the grandkids about our great goals as a nation maybe along the lines of taking our place in the world and promoting democracy, being a would leader on the environment and social justice, even something as banal as running a fiscally responsible government.... but no wait I'll tell them about our prime minister having a vision to convert everybody in Canada to conservatism/alliance/reform philosophy... Notice I didn't even mention progressive

I can imagine the response

Geez Grandad.., you did live in the olden days :(

Large surpluses are not balanced budgets.

They are many times better than what they replaced. They helped us to reduce debt and make needed purchases. Those Liberal budgets also gave us the largest tax cut in Canadian history.

But I would like to know, aside from Sponsorgate, what did the Liberals do to hurt this country?

Edited by Smallc

They are many times better than what they replaced. They helped us to reduce debt and make needed purchases. Those Liberal budgets also gave us the largest tax cut in Canadian history.

But I would like to know, aside from Sponsorgate, what did the Liberals do to hurt this country?

Not lily white

Wasted money on registering guns instead of focussing resources on licensing/background checks on users

and increased penalties for those commiting crimes with firearms - conservatives have perpetuated system for fear of alienating urban voters

Allowed Martin to spend like a drunken sailor in run-up to election - conservatives under Harper ditto

Did not reform EI to put monies back into employers/employees hand - conservatives guilty as charged as well

Plus ca change.....

Not lily white

Wasted money on registering guns instead of focussing resources on licensing/background checks on users

and increased penalties for those commiting crimes with firearms - conservatives have perpetuated system for fear of alienating urban voters

Allowed Martin to spend like a drunken sailor in run-up to election - conservatives under Harper ditto

Did not reform EI to put monies back into employers/employees hand - conservatives guilty as charged as well

Plus ca change.....

As far as I'm concerned, the country has done very well under the last three leader (up till recently anyway). I'm afraid of returning to deficit, but for the time, I have faith in the government to keep us above the line.

I have not decided if I will vote Conservative or NDP since I cannot under good faith vote for the party that I'm a card carrying member of. I sincerely hope that whoever wins (Harper) is able to keep us on somewhat of a steady course. On top of that I hope they give Winnipeg a new football stadium and make it the inland port. :P

As far as I'm concerned, the country has done very well under the last three leader (up till recently anyway). I'm afraid of returning to deficit, but for the time, I have faith in the government to keep us above the line.

I have not decided if I will vote Conservative or NDP since I cannot under good faith vote for the party that I'm a card carrying member of. I sincerely hope that whoever wins (Harper) is able to keep us on somewhat of a steady course. On top of that I hope they give Winnipeg a new football stadium and make it the inland port. :P

I am with you on Chretien and Martin and Harper in all fairness seems to be the most fiscally conservative but can't get beyond his driving motivation to turn us into a conservative society - fiscally i will stand up and cheer but his record thus far is not good ... socially his agenda , hidden or not runs counter to our progressive tendencies

Well, it very well could mean the end of something! It might mean the end of the majority of citizens thinking like you do!

Say what you like but it seems that the values of Canadians are changing. Meanwhile, those against Harper choose to oppose this trend by calling all those of their fellow Canadians stupid and ignorant!

What a way to win friends and influence people! If that doesn't swing people back to their former views then what will, eh?

Shrieking and scolding! Yeah, that oughta do it!

Edited by Wild Bill

Wow, the hysteria is heating up LOL like the Liberals don't want to turn Canada red and their 'natural title of the natural gov. party) sure.. All Canada needs is a return of corruption and higher taxes.

Looks like we are getting a case of HDS (Harper derangement syndrome) although not quite as bad yet, as BDS or PDS...

They let health care deteriorate to the point where you need to wait ten hours in an emergency room to have a broken bone set - all in a time of a booming economy with huge surpluses, when they were promising, every election, to defend health care as a sacred trust. People have died waiting for simple screening tests.

They brought in millions of people from the third world without any plan in how to settle or integrate them, not to benefit Canada, but to benefit the Liberal Party. These immigrants were selected with politics in mind, not the well-being of this country. All the street gangs shooting it out in Toronto and Vancouver are direct results of Liberal policy. People have died because of that policy.

They cut the size of the military in half, let its equipment rust out, and then sent them into a combat mission in Afghanistan during which soldiers have died because we don't have the proper equipment or numbers.

They let health care deteriorate to the point where you need to wait ten hours in an emergency room to have a broken bone set - all in a time of a booming economy with huge surpluses, when they were promising, every election, to defend health care as a sacred trust. People have died waiting for simple screening tests.

They brought in millions of people from the third world without any plan in how to settle or integrate them, not to benefit Canada, but to benefit the Liberal Party. These immigrants were selected with politics in mind, not the well-being of this country. All the street gangs shooting it out in Toronto and Vancouver are direct results of Liberal policy. People have died because of that policy.

They cut the size of the military in half, let its equipment rust out, and then sent them into a combat mission in Afghanistan during which soldiers have died because we don't have the proper equipment or numbers.

Bingo....exactly right...........bring in immigrants from other countries now Canada is become nothing more than a third world country as well..so Liberals can make money no other reason...the Liberal party must be prevented from ever ever having a say in Canada again they are corrupt ...they have damaged Canada so badly it may never recover and worst of all they have increased our Crime rate through the roof...at the same time implementing gun control against responible gun owners while allowing street gangs in Toronto to run around with guns.........The Liberals have shown what they are lying criminals with a lining their own pocket agenda...Canadians are waking up to this and the polls reflect thank God!!

http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1080161.html

Go Harper Go!

Seems to me Ontario's health care went into the crapper under the leadership of a conservative provincial govt. Aren't a few of the bigshots from that govt. now in high profile positions within Harper's govt.?

Right no need to bring in new people. You know the kind of people that dry clean your clothes, run the convenience store, drive your taxi, pick your veggies, and do other jobs "regular" Canadians won't do.

And to think all these people also need housing. Bloody hell, I sure am mad that we had to build houses and infrastructure for these people.

I am sure some are even smart enough to learn to drive. Damn them for buying cars.

And Harper would have sent this same underfunded military into Iraq on top of Afghanistan. What is your point?

Bingo....exactly right...........bring in immigrants from other countries now Canada is become nothing more than a third world country as well..so Liberals can make money no other reason...the Liberal party must be prevented from ever ever having a say in Canada again they are corrupt ...they have damaged Canada so badly it may never recover and worst of all they have increased our Crime rate through the roof...at the same time implementing gun control against responible gun owners while allowing street gangs in Toronto to run around with guns.........The Liberals have shown what they are lying criminals with a lining their own pocket agenda...Canadians are waking up to this and the polls reflect thank God!!

http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1080161.html

Go Harper Go!

Yes the gun registry...Is this the same one that gets accessed thousands of times a year by law enforcement and been acknolwedged as a useful tool?

As for "lying criminals", well the CPC has a few investigations going on into campaign finance and MP bribery right now. The lying part...well start with their promise of integrity and then inticing Emerson to cross the floor only hours after being elected as a Liberal. Then there is govt. transparency, income trusts, ect.....

Throwing stones while living in a glass house, I dunno man.

"B-b-b-but the Liberals..." lmao

Yes the gun registry...Is this the same one that gets accessed thousands of times a year by law enforcement and been acknolwedged as a useful tool?

lmao..............yes i am sure all the gangs in Toronto are using registered guns during their gun battles...after all they don t want to break the law.... and use unregistered guns while they kill each other....lol .....give me a friggin break...gun control is just more Liberal corruption, it doesn t work, never did and never will...........but it sure is a pain in the ass for hunters and target shooters the only ones actually hurt by gun control....we live next to the USA....guns will always flood acrossed our borders gun control or not! What makes more sense is allow people to own guns to protect their homes you would see an instant decrease in home invasions...would you break into a home in a community where everyone is armed?....... i'm thinking probably not!

First in many provinces healthcare is not near as bad as people often say or think. Second, the Liberals had a giant mess to clean up. That meant sacrifices.

Seems to me Ontario's health care went into the crapper under the leadership of a conservative provincial govt. Aren't a few of the bigshots from that govt. now in high profile positions within Harper's govt.?

Ontario's health care went under when Bob Rae (now a Liberal) ran the biggest deficit in the province's history (9 billion). Compounding the provincial debt load was the fact that this was pretty much the exact period of time through which the Federal Liberal's drastically reduced transfer payments to the provinces. Basically the PC conservatives under Harris went from a 9 billion deficit to a balanced budget in just a few years all while having less revenue. Ontario's Health Care problems are a direct result of Chretien Liberal cuts.

Right no need to bring in new people. You know the kind of people that dry clean your clothes, run the convenience store, drive your taxi, pick your veggies, and do other jobs "regular" Canadians won't do.

And to think all these people also need housing. Bloody hell, I sure am mad that we had to build houses and infrastructure for these people.

I am sure some are even smart enough to learn to drive. Damn them for buying cars.

Oh do you mean those same people that live in North Toronto/Markham and run malls based on pirated media and under the counter cash transactions? Are we talking about the refugees being allowed into the country who end up mooching welfare? I'm all about immigration and Harper is going in the right direction with it. Bring in qualified and productive immigrants and let the rest rot on the wait list. We have a back log of millions so we can afford to be choosey.

There is a reason Liberal support is so strong in the 416 and 905. It's because they're largely ethnic communities and the Liberals have pandered to these newcomers and their communities for votes, regardless of their impact on Canada.