Remember all the past lies/scandals from the Federal Liberals

TCCK

I challenge all Canadians to do a google search on the scandals and lies of the federal Liberal party in Canada.

Please do this research before you even think about voting Liberal in the 2008 election.

Do you think Dion is going to be any different? They are all cut from the same material.

You may think the Liberals can change but I guarantee the "green Shift" campaign is just a dirty lie to steal voters from the Green and NDP parties.

Liberals are promising tax cuts but in the last 40 years the Liberals have not cut taxes but always been the party to increase them.

Were the Liberals not the ones in the election when Chretien got in that promised to fully remove the GST??? Yet it stayed and now Steven Harper has decreased it 2% with intent to continue decreasing it.

The Liberals always increase spending and add to the debt, but under Steven Harper and the Conservatives spending has been cut and the debt has been slowly but consistantly decreased.

THEN JUST BEFORE THE LAST ELECTION the Federal Liberals went against 68% of the populations wishes to shove the SAME SEX Marriage down our throats to make a very small interest group happy. Why would you vote for a polictical party that ignores its voters wishes?!?!?!

Trust me I could go on and on for pages and pages. Every person in WESTERN CANADA that knows some one in Ontario and the Maritime provinces needs to get this information in thier hands.

ANOTHER LIBERAL GOVERNMENT OR MINORITY CONSERVATIVE GOVERNMENT WILL ONLY HURT CANADA!!!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re-copied opening post deleted by moderator

Oh yeah. Falsehoods and exaggerations are always fun. I live in the west btw. You are wrong on some points and blind on others. Open your eyes and your mind.

Edited by Charles Anthony
deleted quote of entire Opening Post

If you refuse to do some research before the election then you are just another brainwashed Easterner Canadian that follows the lemmings over the cliff.

I REFUSE TO LET ANOTHER ELECTION happen without speaking my mind from what I have watched politically the last 40 years.

OPEN YOUR EYES and do the research.

Call me a WESTERNER if you wanted and fire insults at me but I have done the research and know the truth.

Please do. Tell us more about how the Liberals single-handedly made it possible for lesbians to marry thereby devaluing the marriage of every god-fearing heterosexual Canadian. No wonder religious nut Harper voted against it.

Yes the Liberals shoved it down the throats of 68% of Canadian voters that said very clearly in ALL the polls by ALL the polling companies that they did NOT want this law in Canada.

Once again the Liberals pass laws for the 1% minority and make those Federal Liberal politicians that are gay happy. Short sighted politics at its best!

If you refuse to do some research before the election then you are just another brainwashed Easterner Canadian that follows the lemmings over the cliff.

I REFUSE TO LET ANOTHER ELECTION happen without speaking my mind from what I have watched politically the last 40 years.

OPEN YOUR EYES and do the research.

Call me a WESTERNER if you wanted and fire insults at me but I have done the research and know the truth.

I am a westerner, and a card carrying Liberal. I was going to support Harper in this election, but I simply can't bring myself to do so. I will be supporting Dion. I will be in the minority, but I will be supporting Dion.

I think that the Liberals do an EXCELLENT job in government, and they should be returned there. Many of Dion's ideas are excellent, he just has trouble communicating them.

Edited by Smallc

Yes the Liberals shoved it down the throats of 68% of Canadian voters that said very clearly in ALL the polls by ALL the polling companies that they did NOT want this law in Canada.

Once again the Liberals pass laws for the 1% minority and make those Federal Liberal politicians that are gay happy. Short sighted politics at its best!

Sometimes the government has to do what's right, not what's popular. That was the case when it came to same sex marriage. You are the one that is short sighted.

What made the 1st post so convincing was the large font sizes. And the red lettering. Red lettering always means there's a valid point to pay attention to.

The excellent format allowed me to overlook the fact that income tax rates were raised by Harper after the last election and then subsequently reduced with press releases talking about how great the reduction was. It also allowed me to overlook the fact that Chretien's promise about the GST was similar to Harper's promise about income trusts. It made me forget about the 1990s where spending was reduced and the debt lowered by a Liberal government. And was very convincing that Harper has cut spending despite the huge number of actual statistics that say otherwise.

But the lettering didn't cover up the condescending attitude towards everyone east of Manitoba.

Sometimes the government has to do what's right, not what's popular. That was the case when it came to same sex marriage. You are the one that is short sighted.

And this is why unless they change I could never vote Liberal!

First off, I have nothing against same sex marriage. Let them be as miserable as the rest of us! ;) That being said, I believe in populism and representative democracy. Apparently you don't. Certainly many Liberals don't , as this is not the first time I've heard your "justification".

TCCK is absolutely right that every poll showed the majority of Canadians to be against same sex marriage. If you are a populist and believe in democracy then that alone should have been enough. The government is supposed to represent the people EVEN WHEN YOU MIGHT THINK THEM WRONG!

Politics is supposed to be about PERSUADING people to your point of view, not FORCING them! This "justification" is simple elitism, nothing more.

This is a VERY slippery slope! Once you start down that path then ANYTHING can be justified, no matter how large a majority of citizens are against it!

Once you start to believe that you have the only moral truth and also the right to impose it on your fellow citizens then you are in danger of becoming something quite fearful!

Your post frankly scares the hell outta me!

Edited by Wild Bill

Once you start to believe that you have the only moral truth and also the right to impose it on your fellow citizens then you are in danger of becoming something quite fearful!

Your post frankly scares the hell outta me!

So we should be home from Afghanistan then? Right now? Same Sex marriage is something that took nothing away from anyone and gave to everyone else.

You know, I'm sure in the past, that the popular choice was to let slavery continue, or to keep women from voting. Like I said, sometimes the popular choice isn't the right one. People in general aren't educated on a subject and they don't often think it through.

Also, the CPC does this as well. With things like Afghanistan and gun ownership, and I'm sure many other things. Every government does this, whether or not you agree with it just dependent on your bias.

TCCK is absolutely right that every poll showed the majority of Canadians to be against same sex marriage. If you are a populist and believe in democracy then that alone should have been enough. The government is supposed to represent the people EVEN WHEN YOU MIGHT THINK THEM WRONG!

Populism and democracy don't always go hand in hand, don't you think?

For example, a lynch mob might be a populist idea but does it represent democracy if the government stands aside and watches someone hang without a trial?

For example, a lynch mob might be a populist idea but does it represent democracy if the government stands aside and watches someone hang without a trial?

If the conservatives get their majority, we won't really need trials anymore, since the police will be picking the judges. I'm sure there will be loopholes for anyone carrying a conservative membership, but the rest of us will be forced to face an injustice system without the protection of unbiased judges, or the charter of rights. I guess the cops will be judge jury and executioner, set tasers on kill! Everyone will be expected to follow Harper's laws except Harper who can break laws like the fixed election date laws, and election finance laws with impunity.

re-copied opening post deleted by moderator

Oh yeah. Falsehoods and exaggerations are always fun. I live in the west btw. You are wrong on some points and blind on others. Open your eyes and your mind.

I guess the cons would like us to think about some past liberal transgressions committed by people who are no longer in the party so we will forget about all the CURRENT lies and scandals the cons are involved in right now. I like how Harper says his adversaries will be attacking him while he takes the high road and will not STOOP to attacks himself, I guess we are supposed to forget about all the attack ads against Dion that the conservatives have been running constantly since the last election. I guess we are supposed to accept Harpers second schizo personalty as his real one now, and forget how he has been the most untransparent dictatorial prime minister in Canada's history. Remember how he killed the access to information registry that showed what info Canadians were requesting and how long it took them to get that info?? Remember his antics in the house? The book of dirty tricks?? The bernier security issues? The cadman affair? The cheating in the last election and overspending?? Breaking his own fixed election date law?? I could go on and on too, but my points would actually have some relevance considering these people are all still in the conservative party and seeking re-election!

Apples and oranges. Show me an example of a democracy where the people as a majority voted to allow lynch mobs.

You need to do better than that.

So we should be home from Afghanistan then? Right now? Same Sex marriage is something that took nothing away from anyone and gave to everyone else.

You know, I'm sure in the past, that the popular choice was to let slavery continue, or to keep women from voting. Like I said, sometimes the popular choice isn't the right one. People in general aren't educated on a subject and they don't often think it through.

Also, the CPC does this as well. With things like Afghanistan and gun ownership, and I'm sure many other things. Every government does this, whether or not you agree with it just dependent on your bias.

I think you've got it backwards. Slavery ended and women were given the vote because the majority of the people WANTED it to happen! Otherwise no one would have addressed the issue at all and the status quo would have continued.

As for my "bias", don't put words in my mouth! If the majority of my fellow citizens want us to pull out of Afghanistan or pass useless gun control laws then I will champion their right! As long as the questions are clear and not "weaselly" to skew the results.

This is one of the main reasons why I supported the Reform Party and why now I only will vote for the new Tory Party by default, with no real satisfaction other than knowing I'm helping to block out elitists.

except Harper who can break laws like the fixed election date laws,

Once again, Harper did not break the law. As written the law allows an escape clause on fixed election dates so long as certain criteria are met. These criteria were met, therefore no law was broken.

It would be better if you could get off your broken record kick, especially since the information you provide is invalid.