Harper at the G8 summit

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A long time ago, young, I paddled down the Oxtongue River and wound up in Mary Lake - if memory serves.

The roads will be easy to control but I feel sorry for those security guys who will have to walk through the woods getting eaten alive.

I once went up a tributary of the Satween on a border patrol agent shift change boat from Chiang Mai into Burma and I have to say it's the same there, although these guys were taking fares from local farmers to ride through the boundary with their sacks of uninspected whatevers. Everybody was more focussed on not getting wet.

Mind you, this was not at 'harvest' season, when a sane man would be safely ensconced in Bangkok.

LOL.

Since I don't how to post a link to a picture I saved to my desktop, open this link and view a picture of Bush and Harper taken at a G8 working lunch. It is the fourth picture down. You can't miss it.

http://www.g8summit-photogallery.mofa.go.j...o/en/index.html

Bush looks quite put off. I would love to know what brought on that facial expression. Where is that open mike when you need it? :lol:

Harper has promise a 50% decrease in emissions by 2050!

In other words, let someone else take care of it.

If he had also promised a 1.2% reduction every year starting now, which would get him that 50% I would be all for it (although the steps to get there would be a good deal harder than a green shift).

But 50% of what? In 42 years? Give me a break.

What's next, a 50% tax break by 2050?

In other words, let someone else take care of it.

If he had also promised a 1.2% reduction every year starting now, which would get him that 50% I would be all for it (although the steps to get there would be a good deal harder than a green shift).

But 50% of what? In 42 years? Give me a break.

What's next, a 50% tax break by 2050?

Emissions are not the issue - its the killing of nature - greenery that cools is being killed and not managed or loved or cared for - cities are heating pads that are like furnaces..it is the stewardship of greenery that is the answer not some silly monitary guided gas duping about emissions which is turning into a god damn religion and a false one at that..you have to water the damned plants...if you know wnat I mean///AND also feeding bio fuels to cars is bizzare - why would you take human food and feed it to a damne machine...have we lost it? !

I like that. Kyoto been their feet wiping mat and near swear word, when real result are to be delivered, and now they turn around and glorify the fuzzy agreement to achieve some fuzzy targets (what's the base year??) somewhere in the fuzzy future. Go figure.

Except its as obvious as clear water in the lake to anybody who cares to think. The folks aren't interested in real results. They want your votes, badly. And they'll say anything you want to get them.

I like that. Kyoto been their feet wiping mat and near swear word, when real result are to be delivered, and now they turn around and glorify the fuzzy agreement to achieve some fuzzy targets (what's the base year??) somewhere in the fuzzy future. Go figure.

Except its as obvious as clear water in the lake to anybody who cares to think. The folks aren't interested in real results. They want your votes, badly. And they'll say anything you want to get them.

I read the Kyoto Accord. It was a hard slog in spots and I freely admit I'm not a lawyer and found some of the language convoluted.

Still, I didn't see ANY guarantee of real results! Just emission credit money transferring wealth and the major polluting nations being exempt from any action.

Perhaps you could be good enough to tell me precisely what words I missed? You seem quite definite that the Accord has such guarantees and I would appreciate the education.

Perhaps you could be good enough to tell me precisely what words I missed? You seem quite definite that the Accord has such guarantees and I would appreciate the education.

It had a target. Specific measurable target in the set timeframe. Something the new glorious initiative doesn't. What else can be added?

It had a target. Specific measurable target in the set timeframe. Something the new glorious initiative doesn't. What else can be added?

A real firm target? Something realistic for every country that pollutes?

Again, I must have missed that. Could you enlighten me? I'm sure you read and understood the Accord better than I did. You must be able to cite for me the passage that I missed.

A real firm target? Something realistic for every country that pollutes?

Whenever a straight question's asked, you simply know it's the time to expect stretch and twist. "Realistic", "every" and so on. We know that there was a real specific target for this particular country. What else are you curious to know?

Whenever a straight question's asked, you simply know it's the time to expect stretch and twist. "Realistic", "every" and so on. We know that there was a real specific target for this particular country. What else are you curious to know?

What did the Liberals do to meet it?

Who's in the Sussex drive now? How long will this broken tune be played? Or would you have it both ways: something good happens - my merit, nothing's done - blame them Liberals; easy, except becomes easily boring and everybody can see through.

Whats the ideal temperature of the planet Earth? What is the ideal CO2 level? There are really so many unanswered questions. Why should we destroy the economy because of it?

Edited by Smallc

You're not going to answer me, are you? I read the damn thing and I don't see what you claim is there. I ask you to cite or quote the relevant wording and you just accuse me of "stretch and twist".

Until you give me good reason to do otherwise, I'm NOT going to believe your original premise about the Accord!

So far you've given me no reason to even believe you've read the damn thing. It's postings like yours that prompted me to go look up the Accord in the first place.

If I'm wrong, please show me.

OMG did you really have to say that? Now I'm not going to sleep, knowing full well that you won't trust me anymore... sniff..

BTW I was so sad that I just typed this secret phrase: "Canada Kyoto target" (make sure to type exactly as shown) into my browser window (it said something like Doodle ... or Noodle??) and it came up with some numbers... which may answer some of your questions... so sorry...can't talk anymore... bye, now.

OMG did you really have to say that? Now I'm not going to sleep, knowing full well that you won't trust me anymore... sniff..

BTW I was so sad that I just typed this secret phrase: "Canada Kyoto target" (make sure to type exactly as shown) into my browser window (it said something like Doodle ... or Noodle??) and it came up with some numbers... which may answer some of your questions... so sorry...can't talk anymore... bye, now.

Well, I'm now pretty sure that you've never read the thing and you just talk through your hat.

Kinda smarmy to tell me that I should do the googling to prove YOUR point!

Read ... not read ... how does that have anything to do with the fact that Canada had real specific Kyoto targets? Yes or no? Or try another diversion?

That's it! Enough of feeding the troll. Time for the "ignore" button.

Wait! In the rash to run, you forgot to answer the question. Again.

Are you serious? Perhaps, before demanding that others answer your questions, you should do the polite thing and address the ones they asked you first. To you it was said:

Again, I must have missed that. Could you enlighten me? I'm sure you read and understood the Accord better than I did. You must be able to cite for me the passage that I missed.

Can you or can you not cite a passage from the Kyoto Accord that supports your claims?

Are you serious? Perhaps, before demanding that others answer your questions, you should do the polite thing and address the ones they asked you first. To you it was said:

Can you or can you not cite a passage from the Kyoto Accord that supports your claims?

I wouldn't waste your energy. This poster obviously has decided that if he can't win by the rules he'll just try to be a great smartass. He's become the equivalent of a PeeWee Herman - "I know you are but what am I?"

Perhaps he'll try a different tack with you but I doubt it. I just put him on my "ignore" list, same as I did posters like "Chauchee".

Life's too short. Time to move on.

This was the first statement made in the context of the exchange:

"It had a target. Specific measurable target in the set timeframe. Something the new glorious initiative doesn't. What else can be added?

"

Which was challenged, without any substantiation. Substantiation that I can ask one more time, if you like: did Canada have specific, numerical target under Kyoto accord? Please feel free to investigate. I'll lend you as much time as I could spare (can't promise much - but check with your logic / language (in the area of basic reading comprehension) instructor).