Interview with Liblogs Founder, Jason Cherniak

Greg

• Forum Admin

For those of you who follow the partisan blogosphere in Canada, you might be interested in an interview I did with partisan blogger and founder of Liblogs, Jason Cherniak.

I have a few more interviews with high profile bloggers in the queue, so please stay tuned. Also, if you have any suggestions for interviews you'd like to see, make sure to contact me.

You can read the interview here, and read Jason's weblog, Cherniak on Politics, here.

Greg, did I miss the thread/call for questions from posters? You did that with Layton and Mackenzie but apparently not for Cherniak. Why?

Sheesh, personality plus. the guy has the charisma of drift wood.
I don't think the purpose of the interview was to expose Cheniak's charisma quotient or even his political views.

Instead, he presented intelligent opinions about blogging.

Edited by August1991

• Forum Admin
Greg, did I miss the thread/call for questions from posters? You did that with Layton and Mackenzie but apparently not for Cherniak. Why?

No, you didn't miss it because I never asked for any questions from the forum members.

I was only planning on giving the option for forum members to submit questions when the interviewee was a high profile individual - i.e. media personality, national or provincial politicians, etc. However, I will do my best to keep everyone involved in future interviews,

Thanks

Guest American Woman

Greg, did you notice that Cherniak posted a link to the interview on his his blog saying:

An interview that I did for Maple Leaf Web, with the University of Lethbridge, can be found here?

So he associates the Maple Leaf Web with the University of Lethbridge, too, just as I did. I'm betting a lot of people do.

Greg, did you notice that Cherniak posted a link to the interview on his his blog saying:

An interview that I did for Maple Leaf Web, with the University of Lethbridge, can be found here?

So he associates the Maple Leaf Web with the University of Lethbridge, too, just as I did. I'm betting a lot of people do.

The relationship appeats to be obscured only when the financial involvement of the U of L is called into question.

• Forum Admin

Yes, I noticed, but I'm not overly worried about it. Maple Leaf Web's office is located in the Political Science Department of the University of Lethbridge. We could argue about the definition of "with" till we're blue in the face, but I've always been clear about the relationship between MLW and the University of Lethbridge. The University is a major partner with Maple Leaf Web. They provide a gift-in-kind donation of office space, network access and certain administrative functions.

The relationship appeats to be obscured only when the financial involvement of the U of L is called into question.

I'm not sure what you mean by "financial involvement"? However, we've had this discussion before Bluth and it's quite clear you have no intention on listening to what I have to say in relation to the Universities involvement with Maple Leaf Web. So I suggest you cease making comments about this issue, so as to avoid confusing others about a topic you clearly do not understand.

I've always been clear about the relationship between MLW and the University of Lethbridge. The University is a major partner with Maple Leaf Web. They provide a gift-in-kind donation of office space, network access and certain administrative functions.

I'm not sure what you mean by "financial involvement"? However, we've had this discussion before Bluth and it's quite clear you have no intention on listening to what I have to say in relation to the Universities involvement with Maple Leaf Web. So I suggest you cease making comments about this issue, so as to avoid confusing others about a topic you clearly do not understand.

What I mean by financial involvement is the "in-kind donation of office space, network access and certain administrative functions". You have been up front in that, but have thrown up a wall to any further questions. The in-kind assistance could provide the majority of the operating expenses of MLW. If so then the relationship with the U of L is different than if the donations are a small fraction of the operating expenses of MLW.

I have experience and training in financial arrangments for not-for-profit and governmental enterprises so I am asking these questions because I have seen how vague terminology can be used to obscure relationships.

Nothing I have said is misleading or inappropriate. Posters here question government spending all the time. I am doing nothing more than that.

I did try and ask further questions about the nature of the office space and administrative functions that were provided and received the following pm from Greg on Nobember 28, 2007.

I've deleted your posting in the Maple Leaf Web funding thread.

That is as much information as I am going to provide relating to this projects funding.

Thanks,

Greg F

Admin

Guest American Woman
Yes, I noticed, but I'm not overly worried about it. Maple Leaf Web's office is located in the Political Science Department of the University of Lethbridge. We could argue about the definition of "with" till we're blue in the face, but I've always been clear about the relationship between MLW and the University of Lethbridge. The University is a major partner with Maple Leaf Web. They provide a gift-in-kind donation of office space, network access and certain administrative functions.

I didn't mean to dispute anything you had said about the relationship between MLW and the university, or to start anything up, so I apologize if my post came across any differently than I had intended; I just found it interesting that Cherniak associated the forum with the university, too, and was pointing it out for that reason.