Senator John McCain Wins New Hampshire Primary

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the comeback kid that is Senator John McCain and his campaign, reported as dead and out of money by other MLW members back in July. You know who you are! :lol:

Good showing for a guy who some in the media described as an old man who has passed his "best before date". No doubt the donations for Mr. McCain's campaign will start rolling in.

Isn't he the same age Reagan was when he first ran for president? If he wins, hopefully he won't develop the same vacant stare in his eyes and confused grin as he sells weapons to Iran to fund paramilitary groups.

Edited by BubberMiley

If he wins, hopefully he won't develop the same vacant stare in his eyes and confused grin as he sells weapons to Iran to fund paramilitary groups.

He certainly might look like that with the swiftboat campaign coming his way on before the February primaries.

Isn't he the same age Reagan was when he first ran for president? If he wins, hopefully he won't develop the same vacant stare in his eyes and confused grin as he sells weapons to Iran to fund paramilitary groups.

No, President Reagan first ran in 1976 at age 65.....John McCain is 71 years old, but ran in 2000 as well.

As far as the "stare" slur, I hope Senator McCain develops whatever it takes to be even half the president that Mr. Reagan was. Besides, he spent 5 years in Hanoi, and he rates some slack.

See, Reagan could be tricky that way, appearing with a vacant smile on the one hand and bitch slapping Russia into submission on the other. That's the benefit of being old, you've seen it all before.

Besides, he spent 5 years in Hanoi, and he rates some slack.

Yeah, but the Bush people say he's got that illegitimate Black baby, and he was driven insane in Hanoi, and his connections kept his wife from serving a federal sentence for stealing prescription drugs. Huckabee just needs to hire Rove and McCain is done.

You got a problem with "Black" babies? Thomas Jefferson didn't seem to mind. Huckabee doesn't have enough money to hire Rove.

Apparently South Carolina has a problem with them, because the tactic worked last time.

Huckabee's problem isn't so much that he couldn't afford Rove. It's more that he's too damn Christian to pull the dirty tricks that are necessary to win.

Apparently South Carolina has a problem with them, because the tactic worked last time.

Last time was in 2004....plenty of "Black babies" in SC...."white babies" too.

Huckabee's problem isn't so much that he couldn't afford Rove. It's more that he's too damn Christian to pull the dirty tricks that are necessary to win.

It's not a problem at all....it's just your imagination.

McCain didn't run in South Carolina in 2004. The last time he ran there was 2000.;)

But you said "last time"....I do believe that President Bush ran a campaign in SC in 2004. And of course, he is not running in 2008, so why would he go "Black baby" on Senator McCain?

This tortured attempt at scorn just doesn't work....please see more Seinfeld episodes to get the timing down.

Perhaps you can't remember back as far as 2000:

"I felt really bad for McCain standing there on the stage. The man wanted to be president. That dream was snuffed out during the 2000 primaries, when George W. Bush's supporters spread nasty rumors about what five and a half years in a North Vietnamese POW camp might have done to McCain's sanity.

Then there were the calls to potential white voters in South Carolina to inform them that McCain had a "black baby." (He and his wife adopted a child from Bangladesh.) The Bush supporters also spread other rumors that questioned McCain's patriotism, even though the man was a decorated war hero while W. chose to oh, let's not get into that again."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/edito...-31-moore_x.htm

Well it seems there seems to be alot of problems associated with the vote count in NH.

We have convicted Felons running the company who counted over 80% of the votes!!

For those here who still have a neuron functioning:

Black Box Voting

Very funny stuff going on - not at all a surprise given the stolen election of 2000, and 2004 (and 2006) - there have even been arrests wrt the 2004 counts in Ohio.

Perhaps it's time to call in independent observers to the US elections!

Well it seems there seems to be alot of problems associated with the vote count in NH.

We have convicted Felons running the company who counted over 80% of the votes!!

For those here who still have a neuron functioning:

Black Box Voting

Very funny stuff going on - not at all a surprise given the stolen election of 2000, and 2004 (and 2006) - there have even been arrests wrt the 2004 counts in Ohio.

Perhaps it's time to call in independent observers to the US elections!

I thought that was par for the course in American elections.

Edited by jazzer

Sadly, true these days.

Though keep in mind that Canada is NOT immune to this either.

There were voting discrepencies in Edmonton during the last election - it was mentioned a couple of times then dropped.

We are just as bad - if not worse.

I challenge you to show as much discrepency in Canada as the US has had since 2000 election. Remember the Florida and Michigan escapades?

I challenge you to show as much discrepency in Canada as the US has had since 2000 election. Remember the Florida and Michigan escapades?

Yeah jazzer I do - I think the difference is that when it happens in the US they at least have enough patriots left to make a noise - here so many are so apathetic and our media so darn controlled that there is no groundswell of reaction.

I found it odd in our last local elections that they used the accuvote by diebold - and the results were, to say the least, somewhat surprising.

Oh - and I see your Florida and Michigan escapades and raise the Ohio ones too! ;)

Bashing Americans is where it is at. If Canada never had elections, would anybody notice?

But American elections seem to be reducing the bashing. I haven't seen nearly the negative attacks, except for the ones Romney initiated on himself to make it seem like his opponents were using negative attacks. The monster is officially eating itself.