Senator John McCain Wins New Hampshire Primary

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bashing so much as pointing out some of the hyprocrisy in your "greatest country in the world" mantra. You got a long ways to go IMO.

Well gee, we all know that Canada is the "greatest country in the world". It's just that nobody else cares what happens in Canuck elections.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Except you, of course, who is so captivated by Canadian politics that he dedicates a goodly portion of each day to discussing them.

No, I dedicate time to the fascination you have with American politics and policies...and associated threads. Apart from a passing respect for PM Harper and party turfing the Liberals, I don't really care what happens in your "ridings", or how legit the voting is.

BC, that should read "Canadians know that Canada is the "greatest country in the world". Another reason why no one outside Canada would notice. :lol:

Hey, Canada is a great country, but the elections do not generate much buzz compared to the full tilt circus going on in the USA for an election that is ten months away. We have political junkies on MLW who even sweat the US mid-terms.

From my vantage point, the "threat" of a canadian federal election causes more notice than any election itself. Oh my...will Dion support the budget or let the "government fall"?

From my vantage point, the "threat" of a canadian federal election causes more notice than any election itself. Oh my...will Dion support the budget or let the "government fall"?

Actually, this fretting takes place mostly among political junkies and pundits. Ordinary Canadians don't really don't get engaged until an election is actually called. They're too busy working to pay their taxes.

Actually, this fretting takes place mostly among political junkies and pundits. Ordinary Canadians don't really don't get engaged until an election is actually called. They're too busy working to pay their taxes.

Oh, I'm sure that's true, it's just that the Yankee/International notice seems to only happen for the unusual. Anything "ordinary" is lost in the noise......but something like Howard Dean at a Grits convention in "news".

No, I dedicate time to the fascination you have with American politics and policies...and associated threads.

How much time a day do you dedicate to this obsession with our interest in what goes on with our superpower neighbour? Don't you find yourself a little odd among your compatriots who, as you gleefully proclaim, couldn't care less about what Canada thinks of them?

Edited by BubberMiley

How much time a day do you dedicate to this obsession with our interest in what goes on with our superpower neighbour? Don't you find yourself a little odd among your compatriots who, as you gleefully proclaim, couldn't care less about what Canada thinks of it?

Note much time at all....I run a macro that refreshes thread traffic on a second display. No biggee.

It's my job to be the Ugly American punching bag, expressing the utmost in expected arrogance.

Then don't begrudge when an American shows interest in our reaction to American politics. I think the exchange is rather educational.

I'm not begrudging. I'm commenting on how strange it is for someone to show intense interest in our politics on one hand, but to delight in Americans showing no interest in our politics on the other. I don't care one way or the other what Americans think of our politics. Just found it queer is all.

I'm not begrudging. I'm commenting on how strange it is for someone to show intense interest in our politics on one hand, but to delight in Americans showing no interest in our politics on the other. I don't care one way or the other what Americans think of our politics. Just found it queer is all.

I think you're working with a false pretense....I don't show intense interest in Canadian politics. I show intense interest in member discourse concerning American policies and politics vis-a-vis Canada and other international venues. You will find very light traffic from me on hard core Canadian domestic politics.

Ironically, my participation in Canadian forums began in 2002 at the now defunct CBC Forums because of the criticism Americans received for wholesale ignorance of international viewpoints.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

McCain's victory speech in New Hampshire included the following line: "I know how to handle Iran." He was talking about the news item that the Iranian navy had buzzed US warships in the Strait of Hormuz.

Senator McCain has already explained what to do about Iran:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAzBxFaio1I

Ha ha. So he wants to f*ck somebody? Ha ha. Good one.

Yea....funny, just like the Canadians at Aviano:

...Another problem with the older bombs was that the Americans didn’t have documentation for their laser guidance kit codes. It fell to then-Sergeant Don Neil to come up with a solution to that problem. Neil was a weapons load standards and training officer with 1 Air Maintenance Squadron assigned to 441 Tactical Fighter Squadron and a Persian Gulf War veteran. He discovered a way to burn out specific lines in the older laser guidance binary codes to make them compatible with newer guidance systems. “In fact, none of the Americans knew how to do that.” Neal was able to show the American military how to reconfigure their own old weapons enabling them to salvage more than 90 per cent of bombs they thought were unserviceable, saving them tens of millions of dollars. Even so, Neal said he often felt uncomfortable as a Canadian going to the Americans with his cap in hand. “We’d always have to go to the Americans to get stuff. It was: ‘Yep, we’re running out of bombs.’