Does John Baird have an education?

Higgly

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did. I couldn't find a single thing that qualifies him for his present position. What am I missing?

Did you use goggle? Baird's bio is very long but he went to Kingston Queen's University. The only point that Baird and Harper won't agree on is same-sex marriage. He voted with Libs in Ontario, when he was the Energy Minister.

Ha ha. Is it April Fool's day yet? And here I thought that the correct use of the apostrophe was a sign of intelligence.
Suzuki studied fruit flies and then he went into the business of vulgarizing science. The CBC made him "famous". He's a darling of the Left but has little credibility outside of that narrow clientele.

I don't think Suzuki has any more qualifications in environmental science than John Baird does - perhaps less. Environmental protection is ultimately a political problem and Baird has a BA in Political Studies and alot more experience of being in the political arena.

When Suzuki is questioned, he has a habit of storming out rather than engage discussion. So, who is more suited for civilized debate?

Last Thursday, environmentalist guru David Suzuki stormed out of a Toronto AM640 radio interview with host John Oakley because Oakley dared to suggest that global warming might not be the "totally settled issue" Suzuki insisted it was.
National Post

Suzuki also appears to think that Cuban agricrulture is a model for the world:

In Cuba: The Accidental Revolution, Suzuki portrays Cuba's messed-up food supply system as "the largest program of organic and sustainable agriculture ever undertaken," a system that offers "critical lessons for the developed world." Or at least those are the words Suzuki reads, words written by Ray Burley, a Canadian farm owner who also wrote and directed other Suzuki documentaries on the evils of modern agriculture.

Since this is a Ray Burley script, those lines reflect the main theme: Modern farming is evil. Each of Cuba's desperate lurches back to 19th-century farm methods is contrasted with current methods in Canada and hailed as vastly superior. Oxen are better than tractors. Cubans have learned to do much more with less and don't use chemicals or fertilizer.

Financial Post

This is what happens to a fine mind when it surrounds itself with yes-men.

Edited by August1991

I don't think Suzuki has any more qualifications in environmental science than John Baird does - perhaps less.

That's quite a statement. Care to back that one up? Suzuki has been at the forefront of environmental science since 1990. link

Well if the CBC says it it must be true!

Suzuki is an entertainer, not a scientist. And his scientific training is not in climatology anyway.

Hmm, credibility between a politician and a scientist....not too hard to choose.

That's what "real" climate scientists are saying too.

Don't fight, adapt

The IPCC Summaries for Policy Makers are the most widely read IPCC reports amongst politicians and non-scientists and are the basis for most climate change policy formulation. Yet these Summaries are prepared by a relatively small core writing team with the final drafts approved line-by-line

by ­government ­representatives. The great ­majority of IPCC contributors and ­reviewers, and the tens of thousands of other scientists who are qualified to comment on these matters, are not involved in the preparation of these documents. The summaries therefore cannot properly be represented as a consensus view among experts.

Suzuki is an entertainer, not a scientist. And his scientific training is not in climatology anyway.

You forgot he is the founder of the financially successful Suzuki Foundation.

The measure of his devotion to saving the planet can be seen here where he and his foundation urge you to offset your emissions by purchasing carbon credits.

http://www.davidsuzuki.org/Climate_Change/...bon_neutral.asp

What hypocrisy! I'm curious to know whether Suzuki has shares in any carbon credit trading companies or what ties he has to them. Gore does. We all know that they are buddies and both are pushing for carbon credits trading.