Need a job? US army wants you!

On TV news saw that the US army is holding a job fair in Detroit for welders and mechanist, etc for $125,000 - 250,000 for one year and one day plus benefits..... the place Iraq. Now the only problem I see for these people who do sign for the money is you gotta to be able to come home alive to enjoy the money!!

On TV news saw that the US army is holding a job fair in Detroit for welders and mechanist, etc for $125,000 - 250,000 for one year and one day plus benefits..... the place Iraq. Now the only problem I see for these people who do sign for the money is you gotta to be able to come home alive to enjoy the money!!

Your point?

It is rare to hire outside the U.S. of A. for these positions. I believe it is the Patriot Act that prevents this.

Dyncorp has opened an office in Europe in order to hire off shore workers.

Canadians are not usually a favoured group for what I see as an obvious reason - and may not be seen by some here.

As for coming home.

I did - a couple of times. Not as dangerous as one might think - mind you a slightly different job.

Most of these positions do not mean going out from behind the wire.

However the money is good as long as a security clearance is not required. They do not recognize the NATO clearances and certainly do not recognize the PWGSC equivalents.

Good money and the first 80 grand is usually tax free.

I reccommend going for the experience if you can get on.

Borg

• 4 weeks later...
It is rare to hire outside the U.S. of A. for these positions. I believe it is the Patriot Act that prevents this.

Dyncorp has opened an office in Europe in order to hire off shore workers.

Canadians are not usually a favoured group for what I see as an obvious reason - and may not be seen by some here.

As for coming home.

I did - a couple of times. Not as dangerous as one might think - mind you a slightly different job.

Most of these positions do not mean going out from behind the wire.

However the money is good as long as a security clearance is not required. They do not recognize the NATO clearances and certainly do not recognize the PWGSC equivalents.

Good money and the first 80 grand is usually tax free.

I reccommend going for the experience if you can get on.

Borg

Have made two trips over there as a civilian, im still ticking. wish i made 125,000 dollars on each trip though lol

Have made two trips over there as a civilian, im still ticking. wish i made 125,000 dollars on each trip though lol

Me a contractor - boy oh boy - from white water to black water! I can't wait - maybe they could use a great artist such as myself to do all the crafty lieing that is the fog of war..do you think they could use me for something - and don't say target pratice.

Jeez. And here I've been wondering why the US dollar is falling LOL. So I guess the surge is working, right?

Well, considering the odds of coming home alive are astronomically in favour of that, it's a pretty decent deal. But if you'd rather not face combat, don't sign up. That's the beauty of a VOLUNTEER army. You choose.