Conrad Black facing 6 1/2 years in Prison

So Conrad is facing the heat, I would like to know what everyone thinks/feels about this sentence? Too light or too harsh?

Personally, I feel jovial whenever I hear about white collar thieves going away to prison.

Not being a millionaire and running in those crowds, I hardly understand the charges, so would have no clue if this is fair or not. As this appears to be a rich mans crime, I have nothing to compare the sentence with as it's not something we see on a regular basis. I will say that after watching him on the tube and listening to his arrogant comments and the fact that he was found guilty, it probably fits just fine. Have fun Connie!!

I do think it's bullshit that the rich and famous are allowed to go home for 3 months to "get their affairs in order" when everybody else in the world is led out of the court room in handcuffs and leg irons to begin serving the sentence that very same day. Michael Vick was sentenced today and it doesn't start until March either. What's with this?

Edited by Carinthia

Conrad Black and Robert Picton have one thing in common but they belong to two different groups. Piction is a psychopath and Black is a sociopath both equally dangerous to the public. The common belief they share is that what is good or reasonable to them is good for everyone. They have no empathy for others, they were born without the ability to understand anyone's need but their own.

If I want it then it has to be right is their belief and they are bullies.I followed several discussions on this. On the CBC there was a program on these types of people. It suggested that Psychopaths make up less than 1% of the population and that Sociopaths make up 30% of the population.

We know what is bad about people such as Picton but Blacks type of people can be your husband, your wife, your doctor, you MP, or MPP and the people who suffer the most are the ones closest to them.

On Big Ideas the other day they were discussing how to prevent children for becoming criminals. It featured several people who work in these fields both in the US and Canada and both looking at Adults as well. A man who did these programs of intervention in adults said that they had found that no type of intervention could or would change these people. Adults in both these areas have high self esteem and they know they have done nothing wrong. So we know what to do with Pictons type but what do we do about the havoc sociopaths create???

Edited by margrace

Conrad Black and Robert Picton have one thing in common but they belong to two different groups. Piction is a psychopath and Black is a sociopath both equally dangerous to the public. The common belief they share is that what is good or reasonable to them is good for everyone. They have no empathy for others, they were born without the ability to understand anyone's need but their own.

If I want it then it has to be right is their belief and they are bullies.I followed several discussions on this. On the CBC there was a program on these types of people. It suggested that Psychopaths make up less than 1% of the population and that Sociopaths make up 30% of the population.

We know what is bad about people such as Picton but Blacks type of people can be your husband, your wife, your doctor, you MP, or MPP and the people who suffer the most are the ones closest to them.

On Big Ideas the other day they were discussing how to prevent children for becoming criminals. It featured several people who work in these fields both in the US and Canada and both looking at Adults as well. A man who did these programs of intervention in adults said that they had found that no type of intervention could or would change these people. Adults in both these areas have high self esteem and they know they have done nothing wrong. So we know what to do with Pictons type but what do we do about the havoc sociopaths create???

That's a lot of bull - the average American and Canadian CEO behave exactly like Conrad - he is typical of those that believe they should keep what they earn - he created the wealth - and share holders are people who want something for nothing - they got what they deserved. All Conrad is - is an adventurer - and a sacrafical lamb in his old age...his job at present is to be a fall guy for the thousands of others that do exactly what he does - so the illusion is created that there is corporate justice...that's Conrads new job for the next few years - to take the heat - and he knows it. The others - all the dozens of aging dark lawyers that run the show are the ones that should be doing time - but - they will not - because they have this nasty evil thing called PRIVLEDE.. To partake in crimminal activity and be protected...Conrad is a hero - he wanted to be one and now he is - so be nice to him.

That's a lot of bull - the average American and Canadian CEO behave exactly like Conrad - he is typical of those that believe they should keep what they earn - he created the wealth - and share holders are people who want something for nothing - they got what they deserved. All Conrad is - is an adventurer - and a sacrafical lamb in his old age...his job at present is to be a fall guy for the thousands of others that do exactly what he does - so the illusion is created that there is corporate justice...that's Conrads new job for the next few years - to take the heat - and he knows it. The others - all the dozens of aging dark lawyers that run the show are the ones that should be doing time - but - they will not - because they have this nasty evil thing called PRIVLEDE.. To partake in crimminal activity and be protected...Conrad is a hero - he wanted to be one and now he is - so be nice to him.

Well 30% of the population covers a lot of people nearly one million in the US, don't be so quick to discout it.

Discription of a sociopath from this site

http://www.hss.caltech.edu/~mcafee/Bin/sb.html

Glibness and Superficial Charm, Mannipulative and Conning,Grandiose sense of self, Pathological Lying, Lack of remorse shame or guilt, Shallow emotions, Incapacity for love, Need for stimulation, Callousness/Lack of empathy and so on including Criminal or Enterprenural Versatility

Don't you think a this is also a discripton of a lot of the things on your post

~

`