What happened with the questions for Layton ?

old_bold&cold

Interesting interview. I liked in particular his comments on how political parties have changed since the 1980's-

"one clear change is the growing strength of those large corporate interests most threatened by social democracy. They’re consolidating control over cultural and political resources. Their think-tanks have excelled at framing regressive policies in compelling moral terms. Their political parties are feeling freer to slide further right."

In essence he's saying that these parties are simply an extension of corporate power grabbing, whose sole interest is in the consolidation of wealth. Think about that next time you vote right-winger.

Interesting interview. I liked in particular his comments on how political parties have changed since the 1980's-

"one clear change is the growing strength of those large corporate interests most threatened by social democracy. They’re consolidating control over cultural and political resources. Their think-tanks have excelled at framing regressive policies in compelling moral terms. Their political parties are feeling freer to slide further right."

In essence he's saying that these parties are simply an extension of corporate power grabbing, whose sole interest is in the consolidation of wealth. Think about that next time you vote right-winger.

What questions could Layton possibly answer that would be useful let alone enlightening let alone contributory? Jack Layton is a very limited man in all aspects of systems being they poitical or religious or economic - the man knows nothing....sorry Jack...but you are a dullard generated by a close minded and overly indoctrinated left.

What questions could Layton possibly answer that would be useful let alone enlightening let alone contributory? Jack Layton is a very limited man in all aspects of systems being they poitical or religious or economic - the man knows nothing....sorry Jack...but you are a dullard generated by a close minded and overly indoctrinated left.

That may be, and even though I don't think he's completely wonderful, he's the best game in town right now, comparatively speaking.

Personally I think it would be extremely refreshing if Canada moved to the left in this current day and age where right wing fascism in bed with corporate interests is politically stylish. Or am I the only one to question how it is that most western countries had a booming economy for the past years and yet the standard of living for average people, everywhere in the world, has gone down??

Ask yourself, were is the money going?

That may be, and even though I don't think he's completely wonderful, he's the best game in town right now, comparatively speaking.

Personally I think it would be extremely refreshing if Canada moved to the left in this current day and age where right wing fascism in bed with corporate interests is politically stylish. Or am I the only one to question how it is that most western countries had a booming economy for the past years and yet the standard of living for average people, everywhere in the world, has gone down??

Ask yourself, were is the money going?

I have no money - the feds took it all out of spite. The problem with Layton is if he is fool enough to send a relative to serve in Afhanistan and is proud that a family member is "helping the poor and down trodden" - it makes you wonder how smart the guy is - and that he may be even more delluded than the extreme right...we don't have a right wing party in this nation - nor do the poor abused Americans - this neo-conism - is a new breed of animal that is not responsible for the welfare of the state they hail from - there are "doctors with no boarders" and there is our buisness elite that installed Harper who are "tycoons with no boarders" - so what are you going to do - you have dumb ol Layton on the left - and that NHL wanna be Prime Minister on the right who has been now trained that "conservative" just means the guys with the most amount of lucre..it's dysfunctional..and yes a good left is neccecary - just wish they were more imformed and politically shrewd and learned to lie to liars instead of telling them the truth which is foolish and defeatest.

Sure doesn't say much for the caliber of people we have in politics if Layton is the best game in town.

To me Layton is just a used car salesman, albeit more ethical and honest than the other used car salesman being discussed in the forum right now, Wajisface Khan.