Tasered Polish Man

shavluk

if the product was so unsafe, why would Police services world wide allow their employees/officers be zapped? Why would so many officers willing get zapped? Because, like all things in life, there is a chance of injury/death, but the chance is extremely remote.

Maybe so but most police officers are in excellent physical condition and would have less problems recovering from it than someone who has underlying health problems. The cops may feel its not so bad to be tasered, since they were able to withstand it so why not use it on anybody who is perceived to be a problem.

And when they do use it, they give it a litle extra. Zapping four times, I wonder if thats recommended in the user manual.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Numerous studies have shown the taser to be innocuous way to subdue an individual. However, the recent deaths have given us good reason to doubt these studies and stricter rules on the use of tazers is likely required. That said, hindsight is 20/20 and we should not be blaming cops for using a tool that was supposed to be innocuous.

There was a time when all paint was made with lead and nobody had an issue with it. However, as we became aware of the health consequences we banned the use of lead but that does not mean we should villify a house painter for using these lead paints before we became aware of the health consequences.

50,000 volts running through your body, temporarily paralizing you is just a bit more noticable than lead in paint. Common sense and some basic high school physics and electrical understanding should make anyone conclude that a tazer gun has a higher potential of killing an idividual. That comparison you made is simply no good.

The painter may not know there is lead in the paint. But the cop sure as f^ck knows what a tazer can and will do. They get TRAINED on these things. They should take a tazer hit before they even think of using it on anyone else.

Is anyone here willing to take a tazer hit?

Is anyone willing to show us that it is no big deal?

Is anyone willing and strong enough to get back up after a tazer stun?

The body has a small electrical charge to begin with. Most of our neural activity is electronic impulses through the nervous system. As some of you know (and I know this) that when you grip a live wire with even only a slightly higher electrical charge than your body, the current in the wire will keep your hand closed on it, no matter what you do.

Do you think your heart can take that kind of thing? A hospital defribrillator can shock up to 1700 Volts, where as a tazer gun can throw over 100,000 volts. It depends on the amperage of the volts. Low amperage with high voltage is easier to take than low voltage at a high amperage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroshock_weapon

Experts generally agree that this margin is highly dependent on the overall health of the person subjected to the shock. Usually, the higher the voltage, the more effective it is. It may take several seconds to subdue a subject with 100 kV, but only about a second with 1 MV (1,000 kV).[verification needed]

Cops should ask suspects of medical problems before firing off the tazer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defibrillator (live saving device)

Modern defibrillators are up to a couple thousand volts.

This should not be hard to understand what that kind of electrical shock can do to your system. The tazer is used because the cops do not want to get hurt while apprehending a 'suspect'. If cops depend on these things more and more, the more abuse with tazers will happen. As we have seen several times this year, the suspect seems to be doing nothing wrong when tazed. The suspect is now expected to get back up after you have just been tazed. And since the suspect cannot get back up on his own power, he gets the hose again. This can cause more issues, the risk of death now exponentially increases with each tazer hit.

Again go back to my questions. Can you get right back up after being dropped to the ground by a tazer? Remember all your muscles are now spazzing out because of the high amount of electrical current overriding your natural electical system. I have

50,000 volts running through your body, temporarily paralizing you is just a bit more noticable than lead in paint. Common sense and some basic high school physics and electrical understanding should make anyone conclude that a tazer gun has a higher potential of killing an idividual. That comparison you made is simply no good.
The effects of the taser have been carefully studied before police forced started to use them. You also appear to have forgotten some of your high school physics: it is the amperage that is dangerous - not the voltage. When you get zapped with static electricity you are exposed to >10,000 volts plus. The taser guns put out a few milliamps (rms) - much less than the 100 milliamps required to be dangerous.
The painter may not know there is lead in the paint. But the cop sure as f^ck knows what a tazer can and will do. They get TRAINED on these things. They should take a tazer hit before they even think of using it on anyone else.
All cops are tazered as part of their training. I suspect this makes them less worried about using it because they have experienced the effects.
Do you think your heart can take that kind of thing? A hospital defribrillator can shock up to 1700 Volts, where as a tazer gun can throw over 100,000 volts. It depends on the amperage of the volts. Low amperage with high voltage is easier to take than low voltage at a high amperage.
How many people has shag carpet killed? Static electricity shocks put as much voltage through the body. Diffierence is static electricity is low amperage. Tasers put out higher amps than static electricity but still less than what is considered dangerous.
Again go back to my questions. Can you get right back up after being dropped to the ground by a tazer? Remember all your muscles are now spazzing out because of the high amount of electrical current overriding your natural electical system. I have
People in 'excited delirium' have been known to brush off the effects of a taser.

That said, it is clear that the studies on tasers were flawed because they did not take into account real life situations and the type of people that are likely to be tasered by police. For this reason we probably need to severly restrict the use of tasers. However, like lead paint, these conclusions about tasers are the result of bad experiences and we can't go back a blame police offiers who were told a taser is a innocuous device.

Edited by Riverwind

Greetings:

Sadly when given the choice of real action zappers and attention getters like taser guns, shoot first ask questions later ,,,cops say tasers yes sir !right on !

well its sure now brought over confident bullying cops out of the wood work as I myself was threatened with tasering for looking weird at them

Yes something more exciting over just oh lets see ,, drug tipped darts shot just by air ,,,,we are not animals you know hahhahha

why ,,,guess what ?,,,,,,, All the police agencies thought someone just slumping over harmlessly , paled in entertainment value compared to them doing the "Electrified Chicken dance"!

Anyone have $5 dollars so I can provide this wonderful fish net to all these guys out there as I keep getting tangled every time I touch it

and thrown over someone ,, well it completely immobilized them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its so simple people if we try.

It just takes sane policies not neanderthal mean spirited bully tactics.

To some one like me it is like watching insanity run rampant.

How is everyone today?

edit for something to do

Edited by shavluk

Shav, I may totally disagree with you about the usefulness of voting green for Cannabis legalization, I am in total agreement with you on the issue of this disgusting example of police-state brutality. These cops cannot be allowed to get away with that behavior. Thank god the cameras caught the incident on tape or all the public would get are the cops lies. I have found cops to be great distributers of misinformation. We could have a whole thread just about the lies cops tell about cannabis and its users.

I would hope that everyone who wants to see less of these kind of incidents would vote for anybody but the Plice state conservatives in the next election.

If you want human rights and civil liberties protected vote for the NDP, first choice. However in any voting area where you may have to vote strategically to defeat a conservative, do so with my blessing.

Hi Doc,

Good to hear you here

Even with your poison politics just because you wont take your head out of your ass hahhaha

Well I would bet there still is hope for you ??? hahha

you are an activist and deep down know I am right

I know it.

You like me before just don't want to really give up hope on that hypocrite.

I guess if you speed-ed it up by giving thousands like we did

and traveling the country for layton

then speak to him 20 times

and then get lied to a bunch by him ,

then guards placed on you

and then have his team spread lies about you as they screw with your riding association and your nomination ,,,

well you may change your mind Doc.

Maybe not?

I sense you are not a masochist or I hope

and thank good you weren't involved as much as us or no one would be left to vote now done party

Again Doc I am working to improve the ndp the one I spent 30 years in not the one now a shadow of its former self under lieyton.

Don't worry we have thousands of votes to cancel yours!

Gonna get the team together this week to talk to ms may next door to emeriots office.

Watch the polls doc so many have quit CC and write me , same in the ndp just watch what we do

Oh and pay no attention to my Dog mdancer he is the welcoming committee (a Libra ,social bunnyhahha)

I don't even care about the stragglers at cc anymore they are irrelevant.

Canadica posted for me there to let you guys know what we are doing.

Edited by shavluk

Now they are trying to coin the words """excited delirium"""""???? hahhahhahahhahahahhahahha

Make him out as "medically needing to die "?

Yeah it was his fault they forgot their police training

It was his fault they confiscated video disks instead of checking his! or even his pulse.

CPR ? MOUTH TO MOUTH ? ANYTHING ?

I know who had the imaginary excited delirium and that was those 4 GOOD OL BOYS !!!

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA CAN I TASER HIM ???? HUH ?? HUH ? CAN I SPIKE ?

Tasers are a deadly weapon. New ones boast of a charge sufficient for 50 hits; and that is where the problem is. They should only hold 1 charge for 1 hit and then have to be reloaded. The way the police use them is to use multiple hits. I would like any user to see how many consecutive hits he can take before he dies. It is time for the manufactures to change them to a one shot charge; or demonstrate they can withstand all 50 shots..

All cops are tazered as part of their training. I suspect this makes them less worried about using it because they have experienced the effects.

Actually, you're wrong on that one. Officers are given the opportunity to experience a taser shock, but are not required. (Didn't actually know that until I listened to the Edmonton Chief of Police during one of their hiring spree radio interviews)

Tasers are a deadly weapon. New ones boast of a charge sufficient for 50 hits; and that is where the problem is. They should only hold 1 charge for 1 hit and then have to be reloaded. The way the police use them is to use multiple hits. I would like any user to see how many consecutive hits he can take before he dies. It is time for the manufactures to change them to a one shot charge; or demonstrate they can withstand all 50 shots..

Wow! The Queen and I agree! I think the units should only be allowed to carry 2-3 charges (one may not be enough, and if you need more than three....use your gun).

Actually, you're wrong on that one. Officers are given the opportunity to experience a taser shock, but are not required. (Didn't actually know that until I listened to the Edmonton Chief of Police during one of their hiring spree radio interviews)
That is not what I heard in another interview with a police expert on the topic. It might depend on the police force. That said, I suspect that making taser shocks a mandatory condition of employment would create some legal issues for the police employers so I suspect the police expert I heard was not giving the entire story. Edited by Riverwind

Dziekanski, who spoke only Polish, arrived on a plane from Frankfurt, and became agitated after spending up to ten hours in the secure baggage area, where his mother mistakenly told him to wait.

A security guard compounded the confusion by insisting he was speaking Russian. In a tragic irony, translators now say the man was actually relieved when he spotted four Mounties approaching him. He reportedly said he was happy to see them because he thought they had come to save him.

I have taken flights into two foreign places where little English is used, Lisbon and Montreal. In both situations Knowing that airports are, in the best of times, fraught with tension, I made sure I knew what to do when disembarking from the plane in order to avoid a possibly tragic accident.

People should exercise some self-care steps along the way. Obviously, this is not to excuse the RCMP but they're regularly on the firing line and I prefer not to be itchy to second-guess them.

Edited by jbg

I have taken flights into two foreign places where little English is used, Lisbon and Montreal. In both situations Knowing that airports are, in the best of times, fraught with tension, I made sure I knew what to do when disembarking from the plane in order to avoid a possibly tragic accident.

People should exercise some self-care steps along the way. Obviously, this is not to excuse the RCMP but they're regularly on the firing line and I prefer not to be itchy to second-guess them.

what a country; with all your advice.

Now you've just convinced me that you were indeed previously an actor. :lol:

I hope that's a good thing?

You of course realize I am a sucker for Capricorn women so be gentle hahhahhaha.

Come on ,,the truly shocking thing in all this and why I gave credit to the conservatives is because under the liberals this video would have been just plain GONE!!!

This type of thing has been heard by me so many times that I cant count any more and only the video is what is actually waking people up.

We just had the 68 year old tasered for double parking who took a punch first while he sat with his wife behind the wheel ,,,think about that.

Edited by shavluk

Your eyes lying to you or is it something else?

It is what it is get it.

$5 dollars is all i need to give you a net that no one can get out of

how much are tasers?

The whole system sucks and it didn't just start with finally a video to prove this one that they had spread their lies over all ready !!!

what a country; with all your advice.
Huh?
Your eyes lying to you or is it something else?

It is what it is get it.

$5 dollars is all i need to give you a net that no one can get out of

how much are tasers?

The whole system sucks and it didn't just start with finally a video to prove this one that they had spread their lies over all ready !!!

Another "huh"?