Should Canada allow more immigrants into the country?

sideshow

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing at all to do with racism smallc. This has to do with not allowing people into the country that really dont have anything to offer. If a large proportion of these unskilled labourers are from non caucasian groups, so be it. A suggestion. We could have someone at the airport ask each immigrant to provide their skills, education, and employability at the border. But we will get the person doing it to do it blindfolded. If 80% or whatever are non white, whatever.

I could care less the colour of someones skin. We dont need unskilled whites any more then we need unskilled non whites.

The fact of the matter is, is when you bring in unskilled people from Sudan, Ethiopia or whereever, where they are used to having armed children run through the streets, not only do they many times not end up adding to society positively, they actually add a negative influence to it with violence, drugs, etc.

And your argument of population needed is irrational. Look at what the great population boom is doing in africa. If they stopped having babies at the rate of 10 a person, maybe they wouldnt have such widespread hunger, disease (AIDS), and all the other afflictions that were perpetrated by caucasians, but continued by the residents themselves.

Nothing at all to do with racism smallc. This has to do with not allowing people into the country that really dont have anything to offer. If a large proportion of these unskilled labourers are from non caucasian groups, so be it. A suggestion. We could have someone at the airport ask each immigrant to provide their skills, education, and employability at the border. But we will get the person doing it to do it blindfolded. If 80% or whatever are non white, whatever.

I could care less the colour of someones skin. We dont need unskilled whites any more then we need unskilled non whites.

The fact of the matter is, is when you bring in unskilled people from Sudan, Ethiopia or whereever, where they are used to having armed children run through the streets, not only do they many times not end up adding to society positively, they actually add a negative influence to it with violence, drugs, etc.

And your argument of population needed is irrational. Look at what the great population boom is doing in africa. If they stopped having babies at the rate of 10 a person, maybe they wouldnt have such widespread hunger, disease (AIDS), and all the other afflictions that were perpetrated by caucasians, but continued by the residents themselves.

People only get to come here when there is a need. Most immigrants have something to offer and almost all of them work. Also, we have aids here already and if people are hungry we should be helping. Maybe you should worry about yourself rather than stereotyping all immigrants.

I agree Riverwind, we do need to limit our population growth. We also need to ensure that people who emigrate here are skilled workers. We do not need more taxi drivers.

Canada's foundation was built by Immigrants, with the exception of the Natives we are all decendants of Immigrants.

MikeDavid perhaps the problems your province is having with immigrants are lax Provincial Laws, Nova Scotia had the grand total of 200 immigrants last year. Not exactly a flood of immigrants is it.

Margrace, is it a shortage of workers or a shortage of people who are willing to work in the service sector for crappy pay and hours? There are lots of healthy young males in Nova Scotia that get welfare and sell drugs to retain their lifestyle of "Idleness and Lazyness". If we adapted a policy of not giving "Healthy young men" welfare they would have to get off their arses and work or starve. Or move back home to Momsey's house.

WEll I don't know, I work at the food bank and you know I have only seen one person in the last few times that I would like to give a kick. Most of our clients are really down and out and then life seems to kick them again. We only allow food 4 times a year withoug an interview and then you had better prove you need it. Pretty hard on people but life has to be realistic.

We also need to ensure that people who emigrate here are skilled workers.

No we don't.

We need non skilled workers. That is what our labor market needs right now.

We need them to fill jobs in mostly remove parts of the country, not flood into ethnic enclaves and get involved with the Liberal Party of Canada.

Most immigrants have something to offer and almost all of them work.

That statement is simply false.

Immigrants only have something to offer Canada when an employer is sponsoring them in and proves to our labor board that they could not hire a Canada.

Ya know, kind of like how that same policy is active for 99% of all the other countries except for Canada.

Immigration kills us slowely.

After 20 years you realize that you live in a shoe-box, can't get medical care, and lost your vote.

Immigration is a fiscal benefit to other countries becuase those that are being let in are there to work shortages. They then get kicked out when they aren't needed. Some will continue to stay and may even get a green card if they've proven to be good citizen.

All we get are people who don't work, can't speak English, are xenephobic, and hold tremendous, tremendous amounts of cultural bagage.

Not that I would ever doubt an unsourced figure form you....but you are saying that 80% of the immigrants in one year come through Pearson?

16,000 x 12 = 192,000. That's about our share of immigrants and refugees.

Should i mention the 100,000 full times jobs Ontario has lost since 2005? Should I mention that Ontario has seen almost NO full time private sector employment since 2002?

What on earth are these poeple doing landing here? What are they doing here?

Why are they even here for?

Why aren't they landing in Calgary where they are supposedly 'needed'.

Ahh... yes.. they are here not to work, but to 'live'. Big difference..

mike, give up.

You couldn't be more wrong on every single aspect of immigration.

Just remember......if it rains, stay inside. The immigrant on the other hand , will be up and at 'em. But not our mikey, sleep , a lil Flavor Flav and look....lunchtime.

Yep and they do it with a smile and a cheerful hello, I've never met a lazy immigrant.

MikeDavid you seem to think immigrants land in Canada commence to the Welfare Office and that's the end of their contribution. Dah no, it's not that easy.

Do the math. Canadian women have an average of 1.55 kids. If every four Canadians only have 3 kids, how many generations before there is no one left? More immigrants or more babies just to maintain the status quo, take your pick.

Populations fluctuate all the time, and waves of boomers do too. Just because the current stats show a decline is no reason to run out and import people. Far better to encourage women to start being women again, and get rid of the feminazi myth that there's something wrong with making homes for children.

People only get to come here when there is a need. Most immigrants have something to offer and almost all of them work. Also, we have aids here already and if people are hungry we should be helping. Maybe you should worry about yourself rather than stereotyping all immigrants.

How about stereotyping all unthinking pro-immigrant lefties who have no real idea whether wee "need" immigrants or not, but knows damned well that immigrants are good because, well, most of them are swarthy, and it would be "racist" not to celebrate diversity an' stuff?

Edited by ScottSA

Oh yeah, and they sure lived up to todays standards. if you really want to go back that far, everyone here descends from immigrants. Canada does not have a birth rate high enough to replace its populace. The world as a whole does. Without immigration we would soon begin to shrink and there would be no one to pay for things when you get old. Get the facts before you start throwing things like this around.

You clearly have not bothered to put in the effort to read the demographic data.

Everything you write above is almost completely wrong.

We need people to take care of us when we can't anymore. To pay taxes when we don't pay much to them anymore.

Well given the average age of immigrants is about the same as that of native born Canadians, that's not going to help much.

And how much taxes to poverty stricken immigrants pay? Little or none.

Immigration is very good for Canada, and you can parrot your mantra 1000 times a day, but it doesn't make it any less true. The majority of immigrants come here to work and pay taxes. We are very lucky to have them. I'm not worried so much about who will take care of me, but your generation. I also don't fear for my safety because I am not paranoid and I make sure I get the facts.

If you had any facts I would assume you would have stated them. So far you have not.

Fact is, violent crime is falling. Canada is a very safe place and it will remain that way.

Fact is, you clearly know nothing about crime - which is about on par with your knowledge on immigration. Violent crime is falling? Well, yeah, a little, compared to the last few years. But it's still far, far, far higher than it was thirty or forty years ago, and a lot higher than in most of the world. Some people's yardsticks only go as far as the US. If we're better than them they figure we're doing great. They don't ever look around at the rest of the world and wonder why we're so very much worse than others.

One of the big hotels in our area is short 95 staff members, they can't get them. This is just one of the many large hotels here. And as I said before, Banff has been here raiding staff from these hotels.

Don't worry. The rising Canadian dollar will soon see those hotels closed anyway.

And if it's your contention we should be bringing in tons of immigrants to take minimum wage hotel jobs you ought to bear in mind those people pay no taxes - they just consume tax dollars in the form of subsidies and health care.

I agree Riverwind, we do need to limit our population growth. We also need to ensure that people who emigrate here are skilled workers. We do not need more taxi drivers.

Canada's foundation was built by Immigrants, with the exception of the Natives we are all decendants of Immigrants.

The natives immigrated too.

Yep and they do it with a smile and a cheerful hello, I've never met a lazy immigrant.

I've lived with them and I've met plenty. Did you know that half of all prisoners in Ottawa's juvenile detention facilities are Somalians? No data on how many other immigrants are there, or what percentage of all criminals are immigrants. We don't keep that data.

Here's a custom worth bringing to Canada! Bring more immigrants! Yay multicult!

P. Selvakumar, a 33-year-old farm labourer from the southern state of Tamil Nadu, married the four-year-old stray bitch after it was bathed and processed to his village temple dressed in an orange sari and garlanded with flowers.

A reception attended by some 200 guests was held for the newlyweds in the groom's house during which Selvi grew restless and ran away...

Last year a Sudanese man was forced to marry a goat after village elders discovered him having sex with her. The goat died shortly afterwards.

http://www.worthyweirdandwacky.com/zone/te...-site-5-page-0/

Populations fluctuate all the time, and waves of boomers do too. Just because the current stats show a decline is no reason to run out and import people. Far better to encourage women to start being women again, and get rid of the feminazi myth that there's something wrong with making homes for children.

Good luck, machismo is alive and well on here. The economy of the country is built on women working to buy more gewgaws. Harper couldn't make his child care program work either.

Good luck, machismo is alive and well on here. The economy of the country is built on women working to buy more gewgaws. Harper couldn't make his child care program work either.

Here's a basic rule of economics - when you have more folks available to work, they get paid less.

In the fifties, women largely didn't work - and didn't have to. The lower availability of labour meant employers had to pay more and so salaries were considerably higher in absolute terms. That's why most of us have older relatives who worked fairly low level jobs, yet managed, without their wives working too, to pay a mortgage, car loan, and to raise three or four kids.

I.e., my uncle was a Brinks guard. Wive never worked. He has three kids, a paid off mortgage on a nice bungalow with in-ground pool, a car, and savings. Try doing that on that kind of job today.

And that brings us back to immigrants. What my uncle did was not particularly skilled labour. And it is those in the unskilled and lower skilled labour pool who most suffer due to the mass immigration of third world immigrants willing to work for considerably less money. Their availability as workers lowers the wages of all lower skilled Canadians.

It's truly odd to see some of the conservatives lobbying for higher wages, after all these years of lowered wages and manufacturing jobs losses.

Now, we're blaming feminists for flooding the workforce with women ?

Even Scott is promoting social engineering:

Far better to encourage women to start being women again, and get rid of the feminazi myth that there's something wrong with making homes for children.

So, are the conservatives here going to start advocating unions next, to help raise our wages and cost business more ?

And why don't I hear more criticism of the Harper government ? If the perennially incorrect Mike David is to be believed, immigrants only vote Liberal so what is going on ?

I know quite a few immigrants. They consider Canadians to be incredibly laid back and always worried about taking time off for holidays. Seriously.

Most of the immigrants I know are either self employed working 16 hours day, professionals working 16 hours a day or people who want to open their own business so they are working at 2 jobs in order to realize their dream.

And they vote no matter what the weather is like.

I also know a few immigrants who work as little as possible, drink beer watch football and play darts all day and complain about how stiff and stuck up people are here. I tell them to go back to England

Edited by M.Dancer