"christian scammers/scandals abound"

kuzadd

Considering you have just went from labeling most christians as faith based mass murderers to too many and "the religious right" along with "christian cult" as faith based mass murderers......you don't resort to insult, you commence with insult.....

Anyway, I wasn't insulting you....I was ridiculing your stupid and imbecilic ideas and laughing at them.

Totally lost on you is of course the fact these are not my ideas, these people are living and breathing fanatics, as one can see in the video.

Nor did I create the "left-behind" series of books, or the violent video game of the same name for these cult followers, and if there were none of these cultish "christians" these books and video games would have no market.

http://www.raptureready.com/

or this video

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?view...2a556c8b4c307bc

those poor "left behind"

Thankfully, those are NOT my ideas

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WRT these sorts of 'christians' they are no different than anyone who hides behind religion to pursue their own 'power' agendas. Every organised religion does this, hence the problem with ALL organised faiths.

Add to this the end of the era of Nations, who else can we all wage war against: RELIGIONS themselves - it's the old my God has a bigger shlong than yours - and it is SO effective, due to the fact that religious people give up their ability to think for themselves.

Pathetic.

You were one of the ones upset about not being allowed to call people bigots too, right?

Oh I draw a distinction alright, between those who "claim" to be Christian, and those who live, that kind of life.

My guiding principal is this "God created ALL mankind in his own image" that means we are all one.

Science bears that out also.

Most "christians" are quite willing to kill to fulfill sick prophecies,edicts etc., these are not christians.

Sorry, but I don't know any Christians that are "quite willing to kill to fulfill sick prophecies" so I would like to know where you are getting this from. If you are referring to people like Jim Jones, then it's pretty clear that you don't understand what is written in the Gospels. There is a difference between people who claim to be Christians and true followers of Christ. Many so-called Christian denominations have become quite formalized; I would argue that they are not truly Christian, although in the end it is for God to decide what fate people who follow this path will have. Others are the product of false prophets, etc. Lumping all "Christians" together is not valid, since most denominations have arisen from disagreements on doctrine. Putting me in the same category of "Christian" as Catholics is not only an serious error on your part, I find it quite offensive.

Putting me in the same category of "Christian" as Catholics is not only an serious error on your part, I find it quite offensive.

Really?

why?

Catholics believe in Jesus, which is what Christianity is about.

anyway I find that quite odd.

Oh and the "christians" I am referring to aren't usually Catholics

Just ignore buffy and kuzadd, folks. When Kuzadd starts a thread and says things like this, dont even give her the time of day. Seriously. There is no point in arguing with someone who says these sorts of ridiculous things. She will just make more ridiculous counterarguments and the cycle continues. If you point out the ridiculousness of a position, she will claim you insulted her. Leave her alone and she is nothing.

Just let Kuzadd and Buffy whisper their little comments to each other, and let them think they are both very profound.

says things like what?

christian scammers and scandals?

that's what this person is and that's what this is?

what ridiculous things?

the rapture?

OMG there is enough news and coverage on it, websites and products, books and videogames.

There is Godtube and more, Are you afraid?

is that why you don't want other's to talk about it?

Concerned more people will realize these "cults" are out there and they are extremist in their views???

Censoring?

what is it?

Just ignore buffy and kuzadd, folks. When Kuzadd starts a thread and says things like this, dont even give her the time of day. Seriously. There is no point in arguing with someone who says these sorts of ridiculous things. She will just make more ridiculous counterarguments and the cycle continues. If you point out the ridiculousness of a position, she will claim you insulted her. Leave her alone and she is nothing.

Just let Kuzadd and Buffy whisper their little comments to each other, and let them think they are both very profound.

If you got a problem, use your option to ignore them. Don't come on here telling us to ignore anyone.

Jefferian, have you read the left behind series of books, until you have please do not comment on what you do not know anything about. These are, next to the Bible, the best seller for the Chiristian Fundamentalist people. They are scarry books if taken seriously, which they are by these people, I read them as fiction.

What an odd thread. The same people who want to abolish "bigotry" are outdoing themselves to flagellate their own heritage. Is this what passes for "open-mindedness" these days? Yeeesh.

who's flagellating there own heritage?

christian fanaticism isn't part of my heritage.

so what the heck are you talking about?

perhaps in the time of the crusades , fanaticism was okdky, but not now.

I suppose you're angry that you can't call people bigots anymore too?

Who said anything about bigotry...

What part of those tv evangelists turn you on?

The fact that they dupe people out of their money?

The fact that they purport that "god" speaks to them directly?

Or do you just love it when people take advantage of others?

Come on Scotty, you can tell us! ;)

Well, the fact that you make those statements doesn't throw any weight behind their veracity, now does it? I can ask you rhetorical questions like 'Does it turn you on when Mullahs eat babies?' or 'have you stopped beating your mother yet?' but my premise is false in at least one of those questions, so the question itself is meaningless, isn't it?

Good grief, what a sad turn this took.

Instead of a discussion which might have focused on the extremists elements in our own nations, this turns into an attack thread against two posters - one of which is myself.

Am I surprised?

Not really. There are those who don't want to look beyond their own ingrained belief system, never test boundaries or thoughts. It's really too bad for them in the long run - so much tunnel vision.

These movements exist, just as other extreme movements exist in other faiths - this is part of the danger of all religions - it is a power grab. It often works well where education is lacking - hence the US bible belt and the Mid East. (sort of /sarcasm).

Well, the fact that you make those statements doesn't throw any weight behind their veracity, now does it? I can ask you rhetorical questions like 'Does it turn you on when Mullahs Rabbis/Priests eat babies?' or 'have you stopped beating your mother yet?' but my premise is false in at least one of those questions, so the question itself is meaningless, isn't it?

Would this be allowed?

The double standard applied here is pathetic.

Jefferian, have you read the left behind series of books, until you have please do not comment on what you do not know anything about. These are, next to the Bible, the best seller for the Chiristian Fundamentalist people. They are scarry books if taken seriously, which they are by these people, I read them as fiction.

No I havent. I dont feel a need to either. I think the books are probably kind of tacky from what I have seen, Margrace, but nonetheless they are not taken seriously "by these people". That's a bit of an overstatement wouldn't you say? Sort of like Kuzadd's statement about most Christians. Just let her say whatever nonsense she wants. Just let her start threads about how horrible Christians are, and don't be baited. Her and Buffy can frequent those threads together commenting on how profound they both are.

As for Jazzer, my saying to ignore Kuzadd has no power over you. I am not banning her, nor can I. If anyone reads what I wrote and thinks it is also a good idea, they are free to do so. And if not, they can disregard it. Simple. If you have a problem with what I have said Jazzer, you can use your ignore feature.

Edited by jefferiah

I think you are pretty nieve about the Left Behind series, you should investigate it and also realize that some of them were on the New York Best sellers lists. There are a lot of people reading these.and believing it

All you have to do is visit your uncle's family in Northern Ireland, as I did, to find out what fundamentalism can do. Ian Paisley is a very sick individual , I was raised Presbyterian but the free Presbyterian church of Ireland is pretty scarry and look what it caused. My cousin's are mostly all Roman Catholic but there has also been a few intermarriages with Protestants. They can tell you horrifying stories and it is still a scarry place if you don't keep your mouth shut. Preaching hate can do awful things to neighbours.

I think you are pretty nieve about the Left Behind series, you should investigate it and also realize that some of them were on the New York Best sellers lists. There are a lot of people reading these.and believing it

All you have to do is visit your uncle's family in Northern Ireland, as I did, to find out what fundamentalism can do. Ian Paisley is a very sick individual , I was raised Presbyterian but the free Presbyterian church of Ireland is pretty scarry and look what it caused. My cousin's are mostly all Roman Catholic but there has also been a few intermarriages with Protestants. They can tell you horrifying stories and it is still a scarry place if you don't keep your mouth shut. Preaching hate can do awful things to neighbours.

It's on a Best Seller list. So are a lot of books. Doesn't mean people believe in them.

"There are a lot of people reading these.and believing it"

This statement is not evidence.

I am sure a lot of people read it. What you may be referring to is people believing in the rapture. But that is still a seperate thing. Even if they believe in the rapture they are quite aware that Left Behind is sensationalized fiction.

How many people read Left Behind and believe it is a true story? Alot you say. Source please, Margrace.

And while you are at it, I'd like to see your sources concerning your claims that various specific posters here are paid members of the Conservative party's Forum Posting Squad.

Edited by jefferiah

hey, it's ALL good if it's done by the "west"

wacky preachers , left-behinders

and more, western junk.

It's all good.

No I havent. I dont feel a need to either. I think the books are probably kind of tacky from what I have seen, Margrace, but nonetheless they are not taken seriously "by these people". That's a bit of an overstatement wouldn't you say? Sort of like Kuzadd's statement about most Christians. Just let her say whatever nonsense she wants. Just let her start threads about how horrible Christians are, and don't be baited. Her and Buffy can frequent those threads together commenting on how profound they both are.

As for Jazzer, my saying to ignore Kuzadd has no power over you. I am not banning her, nor can I. If anyone reads what I wrote and thinks it is also a good idea, they are free to do so. And if not, they can disregard it. Simple. If you have a problem with what I have said Jazzer, you can use your ignore feature.

tsk, tsk Jefferiah, what is the doctrine of the rapture all about?

There must be enough believers of that nonsense to have them be best sellers, makes sense eh?

How about the video game?

brainwash the "religious right" children.

How about jesus camp?

The sad, sad, sad fact, is there are millions of fanatic christians, who support the destruction of the ME in general, inc. in the end the people of Jewish faith. Oh yeah, they love Israel, only until their sick little prophecy comes forth.

http://truthroom.com/home.php

introduction

1.The current events in the Middle East are leading many informed people to believe that the end of the age prophesized in the Bible is unfolding. For this to be true, a series of significant final events must occur.

how about this number 7:

07 antichrist

"The Peacemaker Turns Antichrist as he is overtaken by demonic power, an event marking the midpoint of the seven years. The Peacemaker—turned Antichrist—turns on the Jews, pursuing them and all others that will not bow to him as God. This event is God's punishment to the Jews for accepting a human as their savior."

That's a big part of the rapture nonsense, the Jewish people being punished.

here's a nice rapture song

http://home.comcast.net/~sts48/Rapture_Song.MP3

I could not make better nonsense up then this garbage. It's all out in the open.

The hopeful fact is there are enough level-headed non-fanatic christians that protest this garbage, and point out, that for lack of a better word it is ,heresy.

Edited by kuzadd