ALL CANNABIS CANADIANS VOTE GREEN

shavluk

should we legalize cannabis?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who - ville Mr Grinch!

I must not write well enough to be read !! are you kidding me??

Based on how many pester me for what they are " not " able to read then , you are kidding right

Yeah some how ,, maybe telekineticly , it gets transposed anyway. hahhaha

I would say you are again slipping back into that primordial soup as mere amoebae spawn with your continued mind farts without a quick cranium search just to avoid being considered again useless.

Mr Grinch

What in the hell are you talking about?

Do you ever write anything comprehensible?

Can I answer that question Sir? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo. He's an example of why pot shouldn't be legal, if you can't comprise a sentence that is legable thank pot or the public education system.

On a side note I think I'll email the Green Party's Leader a link to this thread, if this is their their idea of a "Good" viable canidate god help them. Of course Cheech and Chong might be free. Go big or stay home is my motto. If they want pot heads to be MP's at least get funny pot heads. :lol:

Who - ville Mr Grinch!

I must not write well enough to be read !! are you kidding me??

Based on how many pester me for what they are " not " able to read then , you are kidding right

Yeah some how ,, maybe telekineticly , it gets transposed anyway. hahhaha

I would say you are again slipping back into that primordial soup as mere amoebae spawn with your continued mind farts without a quick cranium search just to avoid being considered again useless.

Mr Grinch

I know I should just put you on "ignore" but I can't seem to help myself. You're kind of like a bad car accident...don't want to....but just have to look at your next childish, inane comment.

Anyone want to argue the fact that pot kills brain cells?

I do , please over here, please pick me , oh why do they never pick poor ol me hahahahhaa

And moxie I do thank you , just for even sucking it up after that last near devastating comment I gave you and now here you are all wanting to even help me out as well , BRAVO kind Sir!

Say Hi to Ms May for me please.

Shavluk,

I really don't mean to be rude, or mean. I believe in getting rid of prohibition across the board - but you are NOT helping.

It would be really nice if you would stop.

It's a bit of an embarrassment to those of us who do really want to get this law changed. You are the poster child for the prohibitionists.

Just stop.

I smoked pot all the way through high school and university and still graduated both with top marks. That's right I got top marks in school and was high the whole time.

If you are telling the truth that you were "high the whole time", that speaks volumes about our education system. Were you exaggerating a bit? :huh:

Mine?

All well adjusted, university educated and very successful.

I have a really really hard time believing that, sorry. Especially since that pic you posted of yourself suggests that you are a 30 year old teenager who would have had to have kids at 5 in order for them to have made it through university by now.

Last I checked Buff it still says my name as this threads creator.

I am willing to visit any of yours.

Start one yourself.

I don't see a problem out side of a lack of new information instead of silly comments.

Stay tuned they will come.

I will continue to add useful information here.

Just so all are clear here

NO ONE IS BEING FORCED TO POST ANYTHING HERE !! GET IT!!

I will defend my self always and I will keep this as what it is a discussion thread about why all people supportive of cannabis should be voting GREEN REMEMBER ?

Thanks for everyone continued help to keep it interesting.

If you are telling the truth that you were "high the whole time", that speaks volumes about our education system. Were you exaggerating a bit? :huh:

I know many like him.

My daughter is head of the English Department at a Calgary Catholic high school , she would confirm that and so would many other people under 40.

Seriously to the last post - if one is bright and intelligent it isn't hard to cruise through the education system - especially if one is studying something they love - high.

Learning something that requires passion is not diminished when some drugs are used (alcohol, cannabis - soft effects). Blaming a failing grade on the drugs one did is a copout.

<_<

I have a really really hard time believing that, sorry. Especially since that pic you posted of yourself suggests that you are a 30 year old teenager who would have had to have kids at 5 in order for them to have made it through university by now.

OK So I am a sucker for your complements. hahhaha

Thanks good bait

I am a father and grandfather.

Had 2 by 21.

I am 50.

I will confess to stopping a runaway trailer last night here ,which almost completely severed my little finger as I saved a truck damage.

My wife has been feeding me tylenol3s all night and day as I am too stubborn to go just get it stitched up because I don't have time to bleed in a BC hospital for 5 hours just maybe for a neater scar in the end.

At least you people are talking about what I and others are saying whether you like the issue or not it is effecting 30% of every tax dollar spent and I do sense some of you opening your minds and being more open to listening to us fellow citizens just try to explain as the younger generation something we know can only help us all. None of us has anything to gain by being open and to some courageous.

If it hasn't been explained here well enough before ,I am paying for the sins of someone and not the luckiest guy out there.hahha

Part of me wouldn't be surprised to see a reprise of fascism out there and people like me rounded up , jailed and killed as terrorists ,,

no nothing would surprise me anymore as I have seen a lot.

Cheers

No I was literally high every day in school and at home when i studied etc. I just never since i was a little kid found school very hard and kinda always excelled that and art anyway.

Seriously to the last post - if one is bright and intelligent it isn't hard to cruise through the education system - especially if one is studying something they love - high

It really all depends on which drugs you use...

Cannabis effects are generally quite mild when compared to the effects of say heroin or crystal meth etc.

I equate pot with coffee in the sense that people can drink a few cups and still function well at what they are doing or in most cases anyway.

Learning something that requires passion is not diminished when some drugs are used (alcohol, cannabis - soft effects). Blaming a failing grade on the drugs one did is a copout.

I would hardly say alcohol has soft effects it can seriously hinder your ability to do anything especially in large quantities.

If a person fails in school they can only blame themselves. If you are willing to take a substance that hinders your ability to learn then that makes a failing grade your own fault.

Pot just never hindered my ability to learn in school and I never fit into the dumb stoner teenager click either...

***Warning*** JOKE coming***

He was an arts student....

Of course it was an easy class for me even w/o the pot.... You should see some of my LSD inspired stuff or my Absinthe inspired stuff.

I would hardly say alcohol has soft effects it can seriously hinder your ability to do anything especially in large quantities.

I agree, what I mean by soft is a beer with lunch between morning and afternoon classes/labs. Not downing a 2-4. ;)

If a person fails in school they can only blame themselves. If you are willing to take a substance that hinders your ability to learn then that makes a failing grade your own fault.

duh....;)

Of course it was an easy class for me even w/o the pot.... You should see some of my LSD inspired stuff or my Absinthe inspired stuff.

Sadly I was forced to take arts classes. I choose ethics, and later took some anthropolgy. No LSD or absinthe involved.

And they say marijuana is not a gateway drug. :lol:

The Gateway drug is MOTHERS MILK by the way Cap.

I was also going to say ,,dana great now you go and scare them all off based on their previous posts with even hinting of any other drug use.

All that changed was their perception of you based on their morals.

People fail to realize there is good and bad in anything.

DOSAGE IS THE KEY

1.3 % will go completely over board on anything ,food, heroin , coke, alcohol, gambling.

The silly truth is there are studies that show no ill health effects from the drugs themselves ,heroin for example. There is with alcohol.

Doctors are using addicting drugs and practising every day , think about that.

Prohibition creates all the problems.

When we should really be dealing with peoples need to experiment or look inward to such lengths.

And they say marijuana is not a gateway drug.

LSD was fun and I occasionally get the odd acid flash back but I haven't had any in like 4 years.

The only drugs I do on a regular basis are Pot and coffee, I very rarely ever drink and very rarely these days delve into mushrooms and peyote. I would like to try LSD again but it's so damn rare and I lost contact with this chick I knew who extracted it from Ergot farms she maintained.

I could arguably say the sugar, cigarettes, coffee and even pharmaceuticals along with an entire list of other chemicals classed as drugs that get people started.

I don't believe there is such thing as a gateway drug. I do believe however that the small percentage of us who use say pot and on occasion other drugs responsibly like mushrooms, LSD or Peyote will always be chasing the 'ultimate high'.

I don't chase the ultimate high I just like to mix it up sometimes. I mean Paul McCartney isn't all messed up and look at all the acid he dropped when he was in The Beetles.

I agree, what I mean by soft is a beer with lunch between morning and afternoon classes/labs. Not downing a 2-4.

Yeah I don't drink often enough to even handle a 12 pack without getting reasonably drunk. a 6 pack gets me half cut.

Sadly I was forced to take arts classes. I choose ethics, and later took some anthropolgy. No LSD or absinthe involved.

Forced to take an elective...bummer

One year I was forced to take shop because I was to late when i signed up my classes. Yeah it totally sucked but I made a super cool bong like in that idol hands movie.

I made some super cool stuff in art class though when it came to sculpting and pottery etc. lots of ash trays etc. I made a sculpture (bong) modeled after that picture of Einstein where he stick out his tongue.

All that changed was their perception of you based on their morals.

People fail to realize there is good and bad in anything.

DOSAGE IS THE KEY

1.3 % will go completely over board on anything ,food, heroin , coke, alcohol, gambling.

I agree hell you can even die from water over dose... Yes there have been deaths from drinking to much water. Yet no deaths from smoking to much weed.

Yes the women on the radio contest in the states who died becase she drank too much water , too quickly just for a contest!!

Here's something,

http://uk.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUKL1151857520071011

LONDON (Reuters) - North Wales police chief Richard Brunstrom has called for all drugs, including heroin, to be legalised because current policy is based on "dogma rather than evidence".

Brunstrom said the Misuse of Drugs Act should be repealed as the current UK drugs policy is based upon a "wholly outdated and thoroughly repugnant moralistic stance based upon rhetoric and dogma rather than a rational (and more ethical) philosophy".

He also pointed out that it is impossible to combat an industry worth an estimated 8 billion pounds a year in the UK.

The chief constable laid out his arguments in a response to a Home Office drugs consultation, and will present them to the North Wales Police Authority on Monday.

In a report, he calls for a new classification scheme -- a scientifically based "hierarchy of harm" to include all substances of abuse such as nicotine and alcohol.

Brunstrom argued that overwhelming evidence suggested drugs could not be eradicated and that the main aim should be to reduce as far as possible the harm they can cause.

"If policy on drugs is in future to be pragmatic not moralistic, driven by ethics not dogma, then the current prohibitionist stance will have to be swept away as both unworkable and immoral -- to be replaced with an evidence-based unified system (including tobacco and alcohol) aimed at minimisation of harms to society," the report said.

"This logical, rational and consistent approach will inexorably and inevitably lead to the legalisation and regulation of all harmful drugs, in place of the current policy of proscription and enforcement for some drugs and the legal regulation of others, selected subjectively."

He said such a policy would reduce drug-related crime and free-up funds for treatment. Continued in link...