Should breast implants be paid for

jdobbin

Adversity can build character, but if someday my little Kimlet is born with some sort of deformity that could be corrected... I think I would opt to do so. I think it would give her the better chance in life. Hopefully some other way of building character can be found.

I would to but expecting someone else to pay for it is another question. Our medical system is currently groaning under the weight of those who are really sick and priorities have to be set as to what comes out of the public purse. I would definitely not call him Wilberlet.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, because the real problem isn't their tits.

I agree. I had made that point earlier, and was surprised nobody else seemed to feel that way.

I don't think anybody disagreed. I think I agreed with it several times; I even used big words like "body dismorphia disorder".

I simply contend that there are situations where at least part of the problem really *is* the breasts. Sometimes it's not just "small" breasts, sometimes they really are mis-shapen. What then? Is the problem still all in their heads?

Shaddap. I'm sick of your insults already. I told you my views over and over again. If you still don't get it, too bad. I gave you more respect than you deserved. So I repeat. Shaddap, cuz to quote you, "I don't give a crap what you think."

To misquote me, actually. What I really said:

You seem intent on debating a different issue: whether the two Aussie navy women had a legitimate need for them. I honestly don't give a crap about that question, it's irrelevant to the issue of when and what plastic surgery should be paid for.

And yes, you've told us what you think, at least when it comes to augmentation for small breasts and for children without noses.

I can't recall anywhere that you've actually given a straight answer to the question Wilbur addressed just now: what about correcting physical abnormalities?

While I'm sure it would be nice to live in a black and white world where the only situations people might conceivably want cosmetic surgery are small breasts or missing noses, the real world has situations that are a lot less clear cut.

-k

Holy crap kimmy, do you always feel the need to be insulting? sheesh - grow up.

Now, wrt someone whose condition is SO bad that she 'thinks' bigger tits will help her - NEWSFLASH - her problem ain't her boobs - and I for one have NO interest in paying for some whiner's self indulgence. If she wants bigger titties - let HER (or her partner) pay.

There - simple enough for you?

Apparantly Sesame Street is beyond ya! Oh and BACK at you with the rudeness - ya like it? Probably not - so refrain from doing it to others okay "kimmy"? :P

If this topic was not about breasts, it would not have gone on for so long.

Perhaps the military should pay for vaginal reconstructive surgery, also?

Would the topic go on for as many pages?

How about the self-esteem issues revolving around that?

After numerous births perhaps a woman would feel better a little "tightened up"?

Kimmy:

whether the two Aussie navy women had a legitimate need for them. I honestly don't give a crap about that question, it's irrelevant to the issue of when and what plastic surgery should be paid for.

I don't see how the question of women having a legitimate need for breast augmentation, is "IRRELEVANT", to the issue of when and what plastic surgery should be paid for.

It would seem to me it is in fact ,the issue, it is in fact relevant, did they have a legitimate need or didn't they??

As to this topic, in general, I guess it is between the patient, the doctor and the insurer.

BTW B: IMO, "Kimmy", must have missed all the Sesame Street shows, on good manners and not acting like a bully.

Can we assume Oscar the Grouch is "kimmy's" fave?

Inquiring minds would love to know :P

Edited by kuzadd

Far too simple, as I already said.

I am anticipating Ernie and Bert come out to explain "large" and "small" using watermelons and apricots, followed by Grover and Elmo singing "I love me just the way I am!"

Charming, heartwarming, but not actually very informative.

You can't resist being 'cute' with your rudeness can you - making up for the lack of something else I imagine...:P

Welcome to page 2 of the thread. If you'd actually read any of this, your mind might have been opened to the possibility that breast implants might be used in correcting issues such as abnormal asymmetry, abnormal placement, or abnormal shape.

I said if it is a medical concern - read medical NOT mental - then fine certain cases can be dealt with - not the same as vanity Kimmy.

Yes, I realize that everybody scoffs at the idea that a woman with small breasts "needs" them to be enlarged. I get that.

I am quite sure you do! ;)

What I want to know is whether you guys have any sympathy for a woman whose breasts develop in a really abnormal way. If you (or the other latecomer, Wilbur) would like to discuss that question, then I'm interested in hearing what you have to say.

If not, if you're only interested in discussing the easy situation of "too small", then you and Wilbur and American Woman and Grover and Elmo can all just continue patting each others' backs.

-k

Ahhh your fascination for Sesame Street again huh? Watch alot of it when you were small? Still watch it Kimmy?

I think it's pretty clear by what others have said - if they - the breasts - are severly abnormal then obviously that qualifies as a medical need - not vanity.

Sheesh.... BTW who is your favorite sesame street character? Enquiring minds DO want to know.... :D

I think it's pretty clear by what others have said - if they - the breasts - are severly abnormal then obviously that qualifies as a medical need - not vanity.

That's how I feel too. But it's cosmetic surgery to improve someone's self-esteem, and there seems to be some amount of resistance to the idea.

And deciding which cases deserve funding and which are just for vanity is not cut and dried either.

I don't see how the question of women having a legitimate need for breast augmentation, is "IRRELEVANT", to the issue of when and what plastic surgery should be paid for.

It would seem to me it is in fact ,the issue, it is in fact relevant, did they have a legitimate need or didn't they??

Well, no. Suppose that these two Australian navy members did get implants for reasons that are purely frivolous. That doesn't mean that the next woman who applies for assistance doesn't have a more legitimate need.

Can we assume Oscar the Grouch is "kimmy's" fave?

Inquiring minds would love to know :P

Sheesh.... BTW who is your favorite sesame street character? Enquiring minds DO want to know.... :D

Big Bird.

-k