Police Actions in Sydney

buffycat

I'm somewhat surprised at the lack of coverage that these events have recieved here in good old NA. Especially in light of the outing of three provacatuers just recently in Montebello.

It looks like the Aussie Police have been doing some rather nasty things - like inciting violence and attacking protesters!! All the while removing their identification badges (I guess that butcher, baker or candlestickmaker isn't to see which officer did the baton boogee eh?).

Well, the security forces were promising riots and violence all week (but none was happening) so I guess they decided to kick start it all by themselves!! Otherwise how in the world could they justify the $$$$ spent for 'protection'!! :P

Here's ABC's headline:

Police accused of removing badges at APEC

here's a pretty good blog post with embedded links:

The Ostrahyun

The Horror! The Police are accused of...removing name tags!! :lol::lol:

And just to add weight to this terrible accusation....a photo of a cop...wearing a name tag

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200709/r174985_663976.jpg

and from the blog another photo with a bad angle ...the first cop on the right, yes, wearing his name tag

http://bp0.blogger.com/_9gn6KLa5xtY/RuQctC...CLineOfCops.jpg

Edited by M.Dancer

I heard that the police in Australia spent over $120 million for the security for these APEC talks.

That is bizzare, a real waste of tax money. Would it not have been much cheaper for these world leaders to meet in a more secluded place than Sydney? Recall the meeting held in Canda a couple of years back in the Rockies. That extra money could have goone to feed the poor or support the military.

Mahybe Austrialia shold have considered a "Crocodile Dundee" theme in the outback.

I'm somewhat surprised at the lack of coverage that these events have recieved here in good old NA. Especially in light of the outing of three provacatuers just recently in Montebello.

It looks like the Aussie Police have been doing some rather nasty things - like inciting violence and attacking protesters!! All the while removing their identification badges (I guess that butcher, baker or candlestickmaker isn't to see which officer did the baton boogee eh?).

Well, the security forces were promising riots and violence all week (but none was happening) so I guess they decided to kick start it all by themselves!! Otherwise how in the world could they justify the $$$$ spent for 'protection'!! :P

Here's ABC's headline:

Police accused of removing badges at APEC

here's a pretty good blog post with embedded links:

The Ostrahyun

Thats what happens when the Government takes your guns away. They no longer have any fear of its people. Governments should fear there people not the other way around.

Thats what happens when the Government takes your guns away. They no longer have any fear of its people. Governments should fear there people not the other way around.

Yep... ya got that one right, mate!

I think its been an outright disaster down there, crime rates up, home invasions up etc. By taking away law abiding citizen's right to defend themselves it makes them utterly dependent on the Police State to 'protect' them - and we all know what a bang up job they do on that!!

This may possibly be the only time I will agree with you, but, who knows!

I agree wholeheartedly!!!

Thomas Jefferson "None but an armed nation can dispense with a standing army. To keep ours armed and disciplined, is therefore at all times important."