Harper in Paris

I was wondering if anyone else noticed how large Harper appears to be and I was thinking that maybe he's wearing a bullet-proof vest under his suit. I noticed at the shoulders and the back of the suit seems to not wearing quite right, and the front made he look 7 months pregnant, would he wear one???

Given the laughing stock he made of Canada and canadians yesterday, and the angst against Canada he is promoting, I have not noticed his appearance. Will look next newscast though.

I must of missed that......

I watched CBC Newsworld today where Susan Bonner was filling in for Don Newman. They had their panel on political leadership and they were addressing how Harper was doing on the environment at the G8. The two main players are Rick Anderson and Robin Sears. To my surprise - remember, this is the CBC - Rick Anderson was praising how Harper has managed to set the table to serve a constructive role as an honest broker. Rick said Harper really had no choice but to come clean and admit that Canada had done nothing and that Canada was now constructively working to set things right. Anyway, I'll spare the details - it was just pleasant to see someone - anyone - on CBC taking a positive view.

I watched CBC Newsworld today where Susan Bonner was filling in for Don Newman. They had their panel on political leadership and they were addressing how Harper was doing on the environment at the G8. The two main players are Rick Anderson and Robin Sears. To my surprise - remember, this is the CBC - Rick Anderson was praising how Harper has managed to set the table to serve a constructive role as an honest broker. Rick said Harper really had no choice but to come clean and admit that Canada had done nothing and that Canada was now constructively working to set things right. Anyway, I'll spare the details - it was just pleasant to see someone - anyone - on CBC taking a positive view.

The CBC has quite a few conservative commentators if you actually watch the channel.

As for Harper's broker role, it doesn't look like he is making much headway.

I've looked a few sites and can't find anything about this? What was the story?

Stephen Harper is just a big man. I can't imagine he'd wear a flak jacket.

I can't imagine anyone at the G8 is allowed out without one. Surely you don't think this is downtown ottawa?

The CBC has quite a few conservative commentators if you actually watch the channel.

As for Harper's broker role, it doesn't look like he is making much headway.

Watch it most every day. The closest they come as far as "regulars" is Greg Weston of Sun Media and he is actually the Sun's contrarian - usually he's pragmatic and is not overtly partisan - the rest of them toe the CBC line and support the softballs that are lobbed by Don Newman.

I can't imagine anyone at the G8 is allowed out without one. Surely you don't think this is downtown ottawa?

Its these darn rose coloured glasses....

Its these darn rose coloured glasses....

I'm afraid the days when the worst threat that a PM might face might be a dirty hippy and could be handled by the PM's vice like throttle are long gone......

Watch it most every day. The closest they come as far as "regulars" is Greg Weston of Sun Media and he is actually the Sun's contrarian - usually he's pragmatic and is not overtly partisan - the rest of them toe the CBC line and support the softballs that are lobbed by Don Newman.

Weston was one, Andrew Coyne is another. They have Don Martin on regularly. Ibittson, Ivison and others are certainly not tied to Liberals.

Newman has a lot of Tory MPs and ministers as guests. You think they find him partisan against them?

And yet an 81 year old woman who's head of sixteen countries (two of then in the G8) can mingle with the public anywhere without body armour - even after being shot at once, and having her life threatened on many an occasion. Tisk, tisk, Harper. Seems the Queen's got bigger gonads than you do...! ;)

And yet an 81 year old woman who's head of sixteen countries (two of then in the G8) can mingle with the public anywhere without body armour - even after being shot at once, and having her life threatened on many an occasion. Tisk, tisk, Harper. Seems the Queen's got bigger gonads than you do...! ;)

There was a plot to cut off Harper's head you know? I'd say he's a larger target (no pun intended), especially with the optics of killing a 81 year old woman no being so great.

There was a plot to cut off Harper's head you know? I'd say he's a larger target (no pun intended), especially with the optics of killing a 81 year old woman no being so great.

Well, a bullet proof vest ain't gonna do much to save him from getting his head cut off. And there were plots to blow the Queen up. But, you're right, maybe she's just too grandmotherly to be a target anymore - terrorists and assassins must think of their nana every time they see her now. Maybe all our leaders should be 81 year old women...!