Tory gerrymandering

Gerrymandering: pro or Con?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, Steve and his gang are trying to fix it to give themselves more Parliament seats in Alberta whilst purposely shafting Ontario in terms of seats-per-voter.

Apart from the naked corruption involved, doesn't it suggest they are giving up on making a breakthrough in Ontario? Does Steve not realize that his handful of Ontario MPs will be butchered like suckling piglets if he tries to ram this disgusting piece of legislation down our throats? Do CPC Ontario MPs think they can escape the righteous wrath that voters will visit upon their richly deserving hides?

It's a poser, that's for sure.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alberta gets 4 seats, BC gets 5, Ontario gets 6.......

By 2011, ontario gets 10, BC gets 7 and Alberta gets 5.....

Ontario will control 35% of the house of commons

Shame there wasn't a button on the poll to chose Figleaf as the most dishonest partisan poster here....or it that what MU means?

Shame there wasn't a button on the poll to chose Figleaf as the most dishonest partisan poster here....or it that what MU means?

I'm not sure if that's what MU means but that's what I voted just in case it does.

Let's not ignore that, although Alberta's population is 25% of Ontario's, Alberta's growth is twice as fast.

So in other words, alberta with about 10% of the pop will have 10% of the seats, Ontario with about 35% of the pop will have 35% of the seats....

Another push poll not worth voting in.

Another push poll not worth voting in.

MU?

The fucking crap some posters will spew is simply astounding.

Harper fiddles with the electoral map while Ontario burns

JEFFREY SIMPSON

May 25, 2007 at 3:39 AM EDT

...Ontario, ... will have 39.4 per cent of the population but only 35.2 per cent of the seats. Ontario will, therefore, have 11 fewer seats than its share of the population would dictate.

So I have a new question for you ... If someone uses false information to build an accusation of dishonesty, does that make him:

A - a dirty liar;

B - a stupid douche-bag;

C - M.Dancer; or

D - all of the above?

Shame there wasn't a button on the poll to chose Figleaf has the most dishonest partisan poster here....or it that what MU means?

The fucking crap some posters will spew is simply astounding.

Harper fiddles with the electoral map while Ontario burns

JEFFREY SIMPSON

May 25, 2007 at 3:39 AM EDT

...Ontario, ... will have 39.4 per cent of the population but only 35.2 per cent of the seats. Ontario will, therefore, have 11 fewer seats than its share of the population would dictate.

So I have a new question for you ... If someone uses false information to build an accusation of dishonesty does that make him:

A - a dirty liar;

B - a stupid douche-bag;

C - M.Dancer; or

D - all of the above?

I imagine that being forced not to publicly rat on people (Reported!) has caused Figleaf's passive aggressive switch to overload and short out........;)

But the Maritimes vote Liberal so you the hateocracy can't blame them.

What the hell is the hateocracy??

I blame the ridiculous notion of Canada, not any province in particular. One would be foolish to give up power in exchange for democracy, at least if your the one holding it, no?

What the hell is the hateocracy??

It's just easier than saying Harper haters, Conservative bashers. Know what I mean...

I blame the ridiculous notion of Canada, not any province in particular. One would be foolish to give up power in exchange for democracy, at least if your the one holding it, no?

Fair enough, but it definitely isn't an issue one could accuse Harper of gerrymandering on. If one were looking fairly at his actions.

Let's not ignore that, although Alberta's population is 25% of Ontario's, Alberta's growth is twice as fast.

So in other words, alberta with about 10% of the pop will have 10% of the seats, Ontario with about 35% of the pop will have 35% of the seats....

It won't matter what the Tories propose now. When they end the session, the proposed legislation will be expunged. Quite a few provinces are lining up against it.

It really amounts to a trial balloon.

And BC and Alberta will continue to be horrendously under represented compared to the equally populated Quebec. Your right dobbin.

That's how many examples of how Canada doesn't work us that I've found today? I really wish more Albertans (and British Columbians) would wake up to the reality.

I quote ol' Tommy Douglas for the dippers out there:

"Canada is like an old cow. The West feeds it. Ontario and Quebec milk it. And you can well imagine what it's doing in the Maritimes."

It's one of the few things he has remained correct about over the years. We don't even get equal representation to those that enjoy our provincial wealth.

And BC and Alberta will continue to be horrendously under represented compared to the equally populated Quebec. Your right dobbin.

I believe the Globe and Mail reported this week that not having a spring election meant that the Tories would be stuck with some of the unpleasant tasks of governing. If they give three provinces representation beyond what is already planned for, Quebec will react as it has now. Harper needs Quebec more than Alberta. He has won all the seats in Alberta.

If you believe Alberta is hard done by, you really are left but no choice than to vote someone else in. At the moment, you and other Albertans don't seem ready to make that move.

Additional representation is not going to happen with a minority government. It certainly isn't something the Tories want to campaign on in Quebec.

If you believe Alberta is hard done by, you really are left but no choice than to vote someone else in. At the moment, you and other Albertans don't seem ready to make that move.

Alot of us won't show up to vote. There is growing sentiment here (at least in those I talk to) that we are truly powerless to do anything. Our boy, my MP, is the Prime Minister of Canada.... and we aren't being treated any better than when the Prime Minister was from Montreal.

It doesn't work dobbin, it just doesn't work.

What's the point in voting? The names of the winners may change but the real outcomes look very familiar.