Iraq oil-money missing

In case anyone says my source is sketchy, I saw it on CNN first. I just googled it to cite for the forum.

Oil goes missing in Iraq

Iraq: Saturday, May 12 - 2007 at 13:34

As much as $15m worth of oil goes missing every day in Iraq according to the AFP citing the New York Times. The newspaper, referring to a US government report, said the amounts correspond to up to 300,000 barrels per day of Iraq's declared oil production over the past four years. It is thought corruption, smuggling and insurgents are all to blame for the disappearance.

http://www.ameinfo.com/119811.html

Any more doubt why America must "stay the course?"

Canada's Ironhorse Oil & Gas agrees, busily working that Kirkuk oil patch right next to Haliburton!

I would feel bad telling parents of a dead soldier that he died so that Ironhorse could make record profits. They should at least pay benefits to the families.

I would feel bad telling parents of a dead soldier that he died so that Ironhorse could make record profits. They should at least pay benefits to the families.

They do pay benefits to the familes through goverment life insurance and survivor's benefits financed by income and corporate taxes, at least in the case of American oil services contractors. I guess Ironhorse is pimping dead US soldiers and Iraqis for nothing?

I read about this on another site. Apparently the US is suppose be in charge of this, but what they say and what they do is slowly getting done. What happens is the counter for filling the ships that come in to fill up with Iraq oil isn't and hasn't be working and therefore there it isn't known about much oil is leaving the country. The US kept saying it was working on it then they changed their answer to we'll look into it all the while oil is leaving the country and Iraq is losing money and I can imagine how many US oil companies ships are sailing away full of oil!!! Since the press have been alerted to this, US had to fix the problem.